Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/14/15 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6575
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I just wanted to see the finds 'filled out' on actual people instead of draped across a bed or hanging from a closet door. I figured that fit critiques might discourage people from posting the thrift fits, hence that caveat. Oh well.
I'm all for not critiquing fit pics if it's not asked for but I just feel like critiquing a jacket that no one is wearing is pretty harmless.
Crazy divots on the sleeve.
Pants look a little short.
Not sure if Id do a blue top with black pants.
Stars and stripes are a good combo.
Need better pics, but looks it from what I can see.
Have you checked it for misprints (Hermes doesn't sell seconds) and looked for the loop (not definitive, but its presence is a good indicator)?
Looks like it slipped past the Pricing Stasi as well.
To my untrained eyes it checks out. And yes. Slipped by.
2nd time I've found Hermes and both times the pricing gods were smiling.
a) curb is great
b) if people have feedback for your fits read it and either note or dismiss it. sometimes I get feedback on fits and I think "hmmm, that would be better" and sometimes I think "oh 38R, you crazy". It's the internet, you can't attach rules to your posts, and it's probably not worth getting worked up over.
Heh, you sound like all those complain-y eBay buyers that message me telling me there's no way shipping should be as expensive as it is. Given all the BS on that site, you'd have to be crazy to ship across the border with no tracking number, and crazier still to ship shoes without a box. I'd rather not sell the item than sell it and then have to refund a buyer's money because the item arrived damaged (or 'not at all').
It almost certainly won't still be there, but if it is, kop. Did you find that at the Vaughan VV? Only place in the city I've ever picked up McQueen, and it was that size.
Clearly someone wearing something not obviously CM or SW&D shouldnt be subject to advice or critique relevant to those genres, but to post pictures of what one is wearing to a forum about clothing and to not get feedback seems odd.
Probably worth debating, since it is the community that makes and enforces the "rules."
Considering that the critiques I've seen in this thread are the most forgiving in all of SF, I dont see the harmn in it myself.
It was probably worth debating the first few times, but that point has long passed. People post, get angry when others comment, then post again. Internet.
Never mind, you've been told. Hope it's still there tomorrow.
Damn! I gotta follow that with this? Oh well, it's good for me -
H&S, 3x BOSS, Ferragamo (guess which one), and Hermes.
Diesel is hit and miss, but not going to pass on these black leather:
...and I stand corrected on my "drop" thingy meaning it was a suit.
My Isaia that is absolutely a sport coat has the same drop on the tag.
Yesterday's first day of spring break with the Chipp carrot & bunny tie. Got a lot of compliments.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Big $ Drop: Jil Sander Grail AW07 Metallic Cardigan, Size 48 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories