Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6575post #98611 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #98612 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I just wanted to see the finds 'filled out' on actual people instead of draped across a bed or hanging from a closet door. I figured that fit critiques might discourage people from posting the thrift fits, hence that caveat. Oh well.post #98613 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:23pmpost #98614 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:23pmQuote:
I'm all for not critiquing fit pics if it's not asked for but I just feel like critiquing a jacket that no one is wearing is pretty harmless.post #98615 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:24pmQuote:
Crazy divots on the sleeve.
Pants look a little short.
Not sure if Id do a blue top with black pants.
Stars and stripes are a good combo.
4.5/10post #98616 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:37pmpost #98617 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:40pm
Need better pics, but looks it from what I can see.
Have you checked it for misprints (Hermes doesn't sell seconds) and looked for the loop (not definitive, but its presence is a good indicator)?
Looks like it slipped past the Pricing Stasi as well.post #98618 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:44pmQuote:
To my untrained eyes it checks out. And yes. Slipped by.
2nd time I've found Hermes and both times the pricing gods were smiling.post #98619 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:44pmQuote:
a) curb is great
b) if people have feedback for your fits read it and either note or dismiss it. sometimes I get feedback on fits and I think "hmmm, that would be better" and sometimes I think "oh 38R, you crazy". It's the internet, you can't attach rules to your posts, and it's probably not worth getting worked up over.post #98620 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:54pmQuote:
Heh, you sound like all those complain-y eBay buyers that message me telling me there's no way shipping should be as expensive as it is. Given all the BS on that site, you'd have to be crazy to ship across the border with no tracking number, and crazier still to ship shoes without a box. I'd rather not sell the item than sell it and then have to refund a buyer's money because the item arrived damaged (or 'not at all').Quote:
It almost certainly won't still be there, but if it is, kop. Did you find that at the Vaughan VV? Only place in the city I've ever picked up McQueen, and it was that size.Quote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
Clearly someone wearing something not obviously CM or SW&D shouldnt be subject to advice or critique relevant to those genres, but to post pictures of what one is wearing to a forum about clothing and to not get feedback seems odd.
Probably worth debating, since it is the community that makes and enforces the "rules."
Considering that the critiques I've seen in this thread are the most forgiving in all of SF, I dont see the harmn in it myself.
It was probably worth debating the first few times, but that point has long passed. People post, get angry when others comment, then post again. Internet.post #98621 of 1387283/11/14 at 6:59pmpost #98622 of 1387283/11/14 at 7:00pmpost #98623 of 1387283/11/14 at 7:02pmQuote:
Never mind, you've been told. Hope it's still there tomorrow.
Damn! I gotta follow that with this? Oh well, it's good for me -
H&S, 3x BOSS, Ferragamo (guess which one), and Hermes.
Diesel is hit and miss, but not going to pass on these black leather:
...and I stand corrected on my "drop" thingy meaning it was a suit.
My Isaia that is absolutely a sport coat has the same drop on the tag.
Yesterday's first day of spring break with the Chipp carrot & bunny tie. Got a lot of compliments.post #98624 of 1387283/11/14 at 7:04pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 24 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...