or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6298

post #94456 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaperedGent View Post
 

I wonder if any of these guys in ATL would be willing to share their thrift spots......

 

 

 

Goodwill

post #94457 of 124577

I'm curious if the ATL guys know my spot where I got that Helmut Lang. I found it in ATL and they had a bunch of stuff for such a small store. The guy at the counter definitely knew his labels though - dressed well too.

post #94458 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post
 

 

Goodwill

 

I generally go to the one in Roswell, Buckhead and the one on Buford Hwy....haven't really found anything better than the occasional RLPL.  Some of the stuff I see in here I can't help but wonder am i doing it wrong lol

post #94459 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post
 

I'm curious if the ATL guys know my spot where I got that Helmut Lang. I found it in ATL and they had a bunch of stuff for such a small store. The guy at the counter definitely knew his labels though - dressed well too.

I've yet to go anywhere other than goodwills and this one place in Smyrna on S Cobb across from the Goodwill.  Perhaps I need to broaden my horizons. 

post #94460 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post
 

I'm curious if the ATL guys know my spot where I got that Helmut Lang. I found it in ATL and they had a bunch of stuff for such a small store. The guy at the counter definitely knew his labels though - dressed well too.


The church thrift shop across from Grindhouse on Piedmont?

 

Prices for suits and sportcoats start at $22ish, but it can be worth it if you pull a Kiton, like I did last year. I also picked up the Barbour that is now in Eazye's closet there.

 

But it can be incredibly frustrating because they get a lot of crap. A lot. Of. Crap.

 

The well dressed guy at the counter (gray hair, glasses?) told me the woman who runs the men's side worked at Saks for two decades. Whatever. She priced an MMM shirt at $4, so I'm cool with that.

 

 

STOP BLOWING UP MY SPOT.

post #94461 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post
 


The church thrift shop across from Grindhouse on Piedmont?

 

Prices for suits and sportcoats start at $22ish, but it can be worth it if you pull a Kiton, like I did last year. I also picked up the Barbour that is now in Eazye's closet there.

 

But it can be incredibly frustrating because they get a lot of crap. A lot. Of. Crap.

 

The well dressed guy at the counter (gray hair, glasses?) told me the woman who runs the men's side worked at Saks for two decades. Whatever. She priced an MMM shirt at $4, so I'm cool with that.

 

 

STOP BLOWING UP MY SPOT.

 

I'm not an ATL resident but it was a church one. The dude had glasses but I do remember his hair color. He was a knowledgeable dude and I was quite giddy to meet someone who I can talk to. I think the prices are accurate too. They had a lot of Brioni ties, albeit mostly ugly at around 3-6 dollars (I picked up 5 if I remember correctly) and I think the lowest end suit/jacket they had was HSM (no stafford or other crap like that). I picked up a BBGF, that Helmet Lang, and a lower line Isaia. This was early January, I just GPS'd "thrift shop" at every major city on my route to South Carolina. Atlanta was by far my favorite.

post #94462 of 124577

Ties from the latest haul. All available since I never wear ties. 

 

Left to right: Armani, Zegna, Gieves & Hawkes

 

Left to right: BB, BB(NWT), Talbott, Talbott

post #94463 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post
 


The church thrift shop across from Grindhouse on Piedmont?

 

Prices for suits and sportcoats start at $22ish, but it can be worth it if you pull a Kiton, like I did last year. I also picked up the Barbour that is now in Eazye's closet there.

 

But it can be incredibly frustrating because they get a lot of crap. A lot. Of. Crap.

 

The well dressed guy at the counter (gray hair, glasses?) told me the woman who runs the men's side worked at Saks for two decades. Whatever. She priced an MMM shirt at $4, so I'm cool with that.

 

 

STOP BLOWING UP MY SPOT.

 

*making notes*

post #94464 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaperedGent View Post
 

 

*making notes*

my list of Yelp bookmarks continues to expand

post #94465 of 124577
Planning my next trip to atl. Whoever puts me on gets free trip to a place named after a stone used to make jewelry and is absent of color.
post #94466 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by runyourchain View Post

Planning my next trip to atl. Whoever puts me on gets free trip to a place named after a stone used to make jewelry and is absent of color.

 

dat diamond club :O

post #94467 of 124577

Hit up 3 of my regular thrift stores today, saw my first ever Ike Behar and Ermenegildo Zegna shirts.  Unfortunately, they were both stained so I passed.  I did pick up something to decorate a big empty wall in my home office for $5!  It's about 3.5 x 2.5 feet and fills the space up nicely, 

Awesome ship painting (or should I say print) (Click to show)

 

While flipping through the ties, this made me laugh out loud, figured some of you guys might get a kick out of it...Ohhh is that how I use this?!

Put small end through here (Click to show)

 

post #94468 of 124577
Epic thrift day in Houston tomorrow... It's going to be fun, at least!
post #94469 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post
 

Ties from the latest haul. All available since I never wear ties. 

 

Left to right: Armani, Zegna, Gieves & Hawkes

 

Left to right: BB, BB(NWT), Talbott, Talbott

 

always wondered the kop worthiness of talbotts.  I see them alot, and then for some reason they just sit on the shelves....at the thrits.  

post #94470 of 124577
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

 

always wondered the kop worthiness of talbotts.  I see them alot, and then for some reason they just sit on the shelves....at the thrits.  

 

Skip Studio. Best of Class in nice patterns, or extremely gaudy patterns.


Estate, Seven Fold, Carmel insta-grabs (price willing).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread