Sorry, that should have read waste. I really need to check my grammar and spelling before posting.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/25/16 at 1:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6294post #94396 of 1387282/2/14 at 12:22pmpost #94397 of 1387282/2/14 at 12:22pmpost #94398 of 1387282/2/14 at 12:26pmpost #94399 of 1387282/2/14 at 12:37pmI can't remember what night these finds were from. Thursday or Friday. Anyways...
I know Nat picked up some stuff by S Kuhlman recently so it seems maybe they've dumped a bunch of stock around town because there was a about 5 of these coats. I grabbed a couple:
Lightweight overcoat type thing from S Kuhlman with pouch to pack it in (M) available (I have it in dark green too)
Arc'tyrex Polartec fleece thing. A little pilling on the back to clean up but it was half off (L)
J Crew suede wingtips. n/a
Bullock and Jones (L) what's this pattern called?
Pendleton tartan (M)
Bought some lights and stuff to do this in my basement at Menards as well so I don't have to take photos on my porch in the cold anymore. Still working on the setuppost #94400 of 1387282/2/14 at 12:57pmpost #94401 of 1387282/2/14 at 12:59pmQuote:
Dumb joke on my part sorry. Not trying to be the thread grammar nazi or anything.
Loro Piana casual BD XL.
Are these plastic things on the collar from the dry cleaners or are they only from the store?post #94402 of 1387282/2/14 at 12:59pmpost #94403 of 1387282/2/14 at 1:01pmpost #94404 of 1387282/2/14 at 1:09pm
No, sir. I wore it to my cousin's wedding. This was like in 2010 or something. Look at that baby face.Quote:Originally Posted by size 38R
The obscure jp Grail guide, part 2.
"BIG JOHN" One of the originals. they are a grail for what they represent, as an older company. and they are well made too! quality 8.5/10
(these have seen a lot of wear time, they are well faded. but look ready to go for a lot longer)
"Kyoji Maruyama" Is a Japanese fashion designer, and the only way to describe his feel is "what characters in Final Fantasy wear". cool stuff, but not all for me. quality 8/10
"Number (N)ine" Are super desirable grail SW&D. and these were clearly made more for style than strength. simillar in level to G-star. just way more expensive. quality 7/10
Let's continue in retail, just to show the aesthetics of some more brands.
"BUZZ RICKSONS" Are a "Americana" tribute brand, and very 1940's influenced. with quality, well made stuff, good Denims, Good leathers. some of it i Dig. quality 9.5/10
"MOMOTARO" Are now famous, and they are good. nice denim, solid construction. famous with good reason. might kop in future.... quality 9/10
Are a sister company of "Kaminari Garage". and their stuff is a mix of "Americana" and "car guy" influences. i dig this company a lot. fairly well made, fun style. quality 8/10
see these jackets to show the combination of the two company's with the black one featureng "Tedman" on the front. some great bad english on these too! love it.
back to the list....
"Studio D' Artisan"
A must for anyone who would call themselves a "Denim head". they are on the same level as SugarCanes, but just a little more concentrated on stronger Denims. great stuff . quality 8.5/10
"Pherrows" I have seen this stuff in the thrifts, and not kopped. but it is good stuff, just kopped other things. strong Denim, sewn well. grail beaters. workwear fosho. quality 8/10.
There is plenty more to see, and i will scour the thrifts to get pics for you guys. i hope you enjoy the variety. and kop if you see any in the states.
part 3 will be ALL items found in thrifts, like part 1. seeing things in the retail environment illustrates the genre of things i find in trifts. and i can show you garments in new condition.
all items pictured are quality, and keepers for sure. some have great resale value if that's your thing also. 90% is made in japan, but all is japan streetwear brands. the styles here are totally different. and only limited by the wearer's imagination. please forgive the long posts. part 3 in a few days.
Edit: i would like to add that i see all these company's in thrifts. but they close earlier than the retail store. so i went there for pics. i have kopped Tedman's and kaminari at thrifts. Buzz Rickson is always too expensive. and momotaro was sold when i went out yesterday. so retail made it easy to show them.
Bro, I'm so gonna cop a pair of Momo when I visit! #9!!! @Ken P you like? Pherrows...I totes misspelled that in the denim guide...I'm also gonna cop a bunch of Tedman t-shirts. If I can thrift a Buzzrickson varsity jacket, I'll be super happy, too. Dude, I have a feeling when I come back, I'll have like 2 suit cases of grails!Quote:
Where ya going, Spoo?
Damn...Who is going to play Plutarch Heavensbee???!!! Are they currently filming it???!!!post #94405 of 1387282/2/14 at 1:09pmpost #94406 of 1387282/2/14 at 1:17pmpost #94407 of 1387282/2/14 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
HAHA! I haz the same cowboy shirt!!! I actually haz this kick ass one with hella rose embroidered on it! Got it on discount years ago!
That shirt rules.Quote:
Are you passing a kidney stone or tapeworm or something?post #94408 of 1387282/2/14 at 2:01pmpost #94409 of 1387282/2/14 at 2:12pmQuote:
State and Main.
All completely different characters, and all spectacularly believable performances.
And then there are all the cameos.
Along Came Polly (which coined the verb "To Shart" -- absolutely classic)
I'm not usually the type to mourn celebs, but from an artistic perspective, this is a major, major loss.post #94410 of 1387282/2/14 at 2:14pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 58 seconds ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 7 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 8 minutes ago
- › Dr House Lab Coats style, where do i find it? Read more:... 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 19 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...