Woa, why didn't you cop? Price not right? Dude, can you come to my hood and leave a bunch of cool stuff for my lazy ass? lolz
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6175post #92611 of 1387281/22/14 at 12:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92612 of 1387281/22/14 at 12:47am
Blackbird closed like a week after you were here last! Told you we should of hit it! Oh well, I got a couple of their fixtures! Yay for me!
Totally, just HMU when you're here!
Quote:post #92613 of 1387281/22/14 at 3:22ampost #92614 of 1387281/22/14 at 3:40amWow. Eight hours of sleep and I missed ARRYTHING? Those G&G boots!
Meanwhile, I woke up to find enough snow laying on my driveway et. al. that I pulled out these Danner boots from last year's finds with the Gore-Tex® lining over nothing but regular dress socks. I forgot to put on a pair of thick woolies.
I was out there shoveling in single digit weather, ankle deep in powdery snow for over an hour and my tootsies stayed warm and dry!
Iffin any of youuns finds anything with Gore-Tex®, COP! You will NOT be sorry.
Thank me later.post #92615 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:04ampost #92616 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:31amQuote:
wait, what??? people still buy BAPE??Quote:
must get to Seattle one day.. just to have a beer with the locals. and clean up on the shoes.post #92617 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:54amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Woolrich jacket which is equally cool is likely 40's or 50's. Hard to tell as I'd need a close-up of the label. Camo shirt which is very interesting as it seems to be a cotton twill is likely late 70's-early 80's. The most common versions of these camo shirts were either chamois cloth or wool.
To date the wool coat, I'd recommend this post which someone posted here before:
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the link nat. Heres better pics of the labels....post #92618 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:55ampost #92619 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:06ampost #92620 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:27ampost #92621 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:34ampost #92622 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:46ampost #92623 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:46ampost #92624 of 1387281/22/14 at 6:17amQuote:
$50 for a good s/c???? that's an outrage!!!!!!!! somebody must stop them!
i would pay $50 for a perfect, quality s/c anytime. it beats retail..... honestly, some flippers expect too much for too little. i guess it's dependent on your reasons for thrifting.post #92625 of 1387281/22/14 at 6:28amQuote:
As someone who buys and sells a lot of vintage clothing, I agree about "some flippers". For me, $50 is about the high outside price range that I will get for a jacket, and even then only for very high end stuff. $35-$45 is average. I wouldn't hesitate to pay hat for an item for myself, though if I were planning to resell something thats too expensive.
Some thrift stores have no idea what they have and sell cheap, others look for the good stuff and price accordingly. In the end, it's all a very good deal for the buyer, given the buyer knows his stuff. It's the difference between what I call a "thrift store" and what I call a "vintage shop".
Remember that at the root of all this is reuse and recycling, never bad things.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Official RRL Thread 20 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 32 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 2 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 3 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...