Woa, why didn't you cop? Price not right? Dude, can you come to my hood and leave a bunch of cool stuff for my lazy ass? lolz
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6175post #92611 of 1387281/22/14 at 12:32ampost #92612 of 1387281/22/14 at 12:47am
Blackbird closed like a week after you were here last! Told you we should of hit it! Oh well, I got a couple of their fixtures! Yay for me!
Totally, just HMU when you're here!
Quote:post #92613 of 1387281/22/14 at 3:22ampost #92614 of 1387281/22/14 at 3:40amWow. Eight hours of sleep and I missed ARRYTHING? Those G&G boots!
Meanwhile, I woke up to find enough snow laying on my driveway et. al. that I pulled out these Danner boots from last year's finds with the Gore-Tex® lining over nothing but regular dress socks. I forgot to put on a pair of thick woolies.
I was out there shoveling in single digit weather, ankle deep in powdery snow for over an hour and my tootsies stayed warm and dry!
Iffin any of youuns finds anything with Gore-Tex®, COP! You will NOT be sorry.
Thank me later.post #92615 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:04ampost #92616 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:31amQuote:
wait, what??? people still buy BAPE??Quote:
must get to Seattle one day.. just to have a beer with the locals. and clean up on the shoes.post #92617 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:54amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Woolrich jacket which is equally cool is likely 40's or 50's. Hard to tell as I'd need a close-up of the label. Camo shirt which is very interesting as it seems to be a cotton twill is likely late 70's-early 80's. The most common versions of these camo shirts were either chamois cloth or wool.
To date the wool coat, I'd recommend this post which someone posted here before:
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the link nat. Heres better pics of the labels....post #92618 of 1387281/22/14 at 4:55ampost #92619 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:06ampost #92620 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:27ampost #92621 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:34ampost #92622 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:46ampost #92623 of 1387281/22/14 at 5:46ampost #92624 of 1387281/22/14 at 6:17amQuote:
$50 for a good s/c???? that's an outrage!!!!!!!! somebody must stop them!
i would pay $50 for a perfect, quality s/c anytime. it beats retail..... honestly, some flippers expect too much for too little. i guess it's dependent on your reasons for thrifting.post #92625 of 1387281/22/14 at 6:28amQuote:
As someone who buys and sells a lot of vintage clothing, I agree about "some flippers". For me, $50 is about the high outside price range that I will get for a jacket, and even then only for very high end stuff. $35-$45 is average. I wouldn't hesitate to pay hat for an item for myself, though if I were planning to resell something thats too expensive.
Some thrift stores have no idea what they have and sell cheap, others look for the good stuff and price accordingly. In the end, it's all a very good deal for the buyer, given the buyer knows his stuff. It's the difference between what I call a "thrift store" and what I call a "vintage shop".
Remember that at the root of all this is reuse and recycling, never bad things.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 24 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 30 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 30 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 39 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 48 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding