Woa, why didn't you cop? Price not right? Dude, can you come to my hood and leave a bunch of cool stuff for my lazy ass? lolz
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/14/15 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6175
Styleforum Top Picks
Blackbird closed like a week after you were here last! Told you we should of hit it! Oh well, I got a couple of their fixtures! Yay for me!
Totally, just HMU when you're here!
Meanwhile, I woke up to find enough snow laying on my driveway et. al. that I pulled out these Danner boots from last year's finds with the Gore-Tex® lining over nothing but regular dress socks. I forgot to put on a pair of thick woolies.
I was out there shoveling in single digit weather, ankle deep in powdery snow for over an hour and my tootsies stayed warm and dry!
Iffin any of youuns finds anything with Gore-Tex®, COP! You will NOT be sorry.
Thank me later.
wait, what??? people still buy BAPE??
must get to Seattle one day.. just to have a beer with the locals. and clean up on the shoes.
Woolrich jacket which is equally cool is likely 40's or 50's. Hard to tell as I'd need a close-up of the label. Camo shirt which is very interesting as it seems to be a cotton twill is likely late 70's-early 80's. The most common versions of these camo shirts were either chamois cloth or wool.
To date the wool coat, I'd recommend this post which someone posted here before:
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the link nat. Heres better pics of the labels....
$50 for a good s/c???? that's an outrage!!!!!!!! somebody must stop them!
i would pay $50 for a perfect, quality s/c anytime. it beats retail..... honestly, some flippers expect too much for too little. i guess it's dependent on your reasons for thrifting.
As someone who buys and sells a lot of vintage clothing, I agree about "some flippers". For me, $50 is about the high outside price range that I will get for a jacket, and even then only for very high end stuff. $35-$45 is average. I wouldn't hesitate to pay hat for an item for myself, though if I were planning to resell something thats too expensive.
Some thrift stores have no idea what they have and sell cheap, others look for the good stuff and price accordingly. In the end, it's all a very good deal for the buyer, given the buyer knows his stuff. It's the difference between what I call a "thrift store" and what I call a "vintage shop".
Remember that at the root of all this is reuse and recycling, never bad things.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Crockett and Jones Tan Belt - 34 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe repairs 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carpe Diem side-zips, reverse grey leather, size 43 (fits US 9) 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories