Went from 12-5
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/9/17 at 10:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6171post #92551 of 1387281/21/14 at 5:46pmpost #92552 of 1387281/21/14 at 5:50pmQuote:
I remember him talking about his 24 hr thrift shops they have in PA. That's the time when the extremely shy shoes made of shell cordovan come out from their daytime hiding.post #92553 of 1387281/21/14 at 5:54pmQuote:
I love this jacket, except the lack of pattern matching ruins it for me. The offset red stripe on the front and the white on the back that gets pulled over at the waist distract.Quote:
It's majority luck. You could arrive 2 minutes before they put out a big donation or leave 2 minutes before, you never really know. For me I find later on in the week are better, since in my area the weekends at the thrift are the busiest. The day before the sale day (people wait for the sale day) and a few days after (racks are replenished) are my better days. Also go crazy during the season changeover, as they hold seasonal stock, putting all the new season out at once.post #92554 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Quote:
I dig the asymmetry of this one, pretty sure they intended it that way.post #92555 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:05pmQuote:
It feels soft, but not necessarily "paper thin" - are the holes where bristles were then? Either way, they're awesome. The previous owner babied them :) they had that bulled toe before I got at em!post #92556 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:06pmpost #92557 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:09pmpost #92558 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:21pmpost #92559 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:26pmQuote:
Cheer up Blanch....how bout some more tweed!
But really...y'all know I was joking right?
Edited by capnwes - 1/21/14 at 6:49pmpost #92560 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:26pmpost #92561 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:33pmpost #92562 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:43pm
Found a great pair of Dior Homme 21cm black jeans. Made in Japan, size 34. Only two issues are the .5" hole that's cleanly punched through the right thigh, and a terrible hem job, which I've ripped open to get repaired (33" inseam though!).
These should be easy fixes; I have a tailor that does $5 hems, and a place nearby my office called Denim Therapy should be able to fix the hole for cheap. These are near mint besides the two problems!post #92563 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by marc roberto
e-thrift brag Luciano Barbera wool/cashmere coat. leather under collar, fat horn buttons, fits perfecto!
Wow, that's a fine coat but a bit much, no?Quote:Originally Posted by GM-H
And i got my CLOAK tshirt for $5!
Wow! But I'm more amazed at that $5 Cloak shirt! Deetz!
Oh snap, when did you back a pair of Gustin? Can we get some deetz?Quote:Originally Posted by vexco
SW&D heads or anyone who knows about denim, really. Good cop here? Unworn, unwashed, perfect condition. Size 30 in the waist, if interested. Won't fit me!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hmmm, never heard of this brand of jeans before so I guess I'll take it off of your hands for a favor...Yeah?Quote:Originally Posted by diamonds
picked up this 'Big Horn' chore/work jacket... hardly any info on the brand. I assume it was just a manufacturer of labourers clothes at some time. This particular piece was made in my city which I thought was cool. Has some selvedge detailing on the cinches but nowhere else. Odd vintage pieces like this are one of the best parts of thrifting
Jeez! That's drool worthy!Quote:Originally Posted by My Main Man
DONT YOU EVER TALK ABOUT MY VEST GAME, CRABTREE!
These are just from yesterday. Been finding vests galore lately.
L to R: 10-X, Woolrich wool, Woolrich blanket lined, Woolrich down x2
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Can we get some deetz? Was this the one he post last year like his favorite vintage 9ers jacket? Wow, if so, I can't believe he donated that.Quote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Please be my size!!!!!!!!!!!!!post #92564 of 1387281/21/14 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by brianG
Found a great pair of Dior Homme 21cm black jeans. Made in Japan, size 34. Only two issues are the .5" hole on the right thigh, and a terrible hem job, which I've ripped open to get repaired (33" inseam though!).
These should be easy fixes; I have a tailor that does $5 hems, and a place nearby my office called Denim Therapy should be able to fix the hole for cheap. These are near mint besides the two problems!
Dude! Lucky! Wow, you gon fleabay that bad boy? Anyone knows who makes for Dior Homme denim in Japan?post #92565 of 1387281/21/14 at 7:10pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 43 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 47 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 9 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...