Edited by FENWAY - 1/9/14 at 4:25pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 5:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6067post #90991 of 1387281/9/14 at 3:36pmpost #90992 of 1387281/9/14 at 3:54pmQuote:
I have to agree. He sent me an amazing Navy blue flannel St. Laurie Suit that fits perfectly, he tossed a nice patterned purple tie in the pocket, and only asked me to pay shipping! All around stand up guy.
On another note I found a pair of Stetson black cap toe oxfords today
Can you tell me which shoes are Allen Edmonds and which are Stetson?
I also picked up two suits that under most circumstances I would have passed on, 2 Brooks Brothers 346 Suits in sizes 44R and 43R. The only reason I got these at $12.50 each was because they were brand new. No tags but the pants were not finished and the all the pockets, breast, and side, were sewn shut on both. I figured they had to at least be worth $12.50 brand new.
Was I wrong to buy these 346 suits? I know that they are of questionable quality but they must be flippable new right?
Lastly I got an unstructured beige cotton HIJKLM UVWXYZ Jacket. Also new without tags (breast pocket sewn shut and extra buttons in baggie in left breast pocket) This was the tag
Can anyone tell me anything about this? I have never seen it before.
I also passed on a woman's Orvis because it was made in my wife's home country, CHINA, and even she thinks that makes it crap.post #90993 of 1387281/9/14 at 3:57pmif there are any guys out there who wear a 17.5/34, I found some Robert Talbott Bespoke shirts in staple blue at a goodwill today, but I left them because they were starting to show wear on the collar and the cuffs. If you want them to wear or replace the collars or whatever, send me a message.post #90994 of 1387281/9/14 at 3:59pmpost #90995 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hence the only reason I'm debating getting a g/fpost #90996 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:02pmpost #90997 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:04pmpost #90998 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:05pm
JOHN LEWIS' in-house brand.
Quote:post #90999 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:17pmQuote:JOHN LEWIS' in-house brand.
Is it crap?
I mean it's my size and I plan to keep it not flip it, just wondering if it is any good.
I realized too late that too make that any challenge at all I should have cropped the photo so you couldn't see the color of the inside of the shoe as it was a dead giveaway. Otherwise the shoes appear almost identical. Are the Stetsons worth $5.95? They are too big for me, 11 D/B. They are in great condition with very little wear.post #91000 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:29pmQuote:
If it fits, feels good, and fills a void in your wardrobe that needed filling, then keep it. If you're buying because you think it's cool, but you wouldn't really wear it much, if at all, then bad buy.post #91001 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:41pmpost #91002 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:48pmJ Crew pea coat and NWT cable knit sweater for the lady
Bogner womens wool/suede jacket. Wasn't sure if it was a good brand or not so I took a chance based on the feel it- looks like it was a good move.
NWT Burberry cable knit sweater made in Italy
And these Wolverine Boarhide boots. I literally found these in a parking lot outside of the thrift store. Some guy came out of one of the shops in this plaza and told me a guy had thrown them on the ground, gotten in his car and driven off. Apparently this guy and his girlfriend were in a heated argument and he ditched his boots. They look new but the soles are falling apart. Like actually falling apart. They pretty much fit and they fill a gap in my shoe collection so I'll have them fixed and put them in the rotation.post #91003 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:49pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)in GeorgiaQuote:
Ask Brianpore - my thrift DDs (or dates +1s) end with a nice buzz off Sangriapost #91004 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:53pmpost #91005 of 1387281/9/14 at 4:57pmQuote:
Ask Brianpore - my thrift DDs (or dates +1s) end with a nice buzz off Sangria
and soooo much good food!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 32 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding