Ouch. Yes, that's exactly what you're hoping to find. Hermes in good condition with a fun pattern.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Today at 8:15 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5933post #88982 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:04ampost #88983 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:07amQuote:
So many bikers, I Love it. Looking for smith/oakley/dragon anon goggles, ios/m1,eg2/ von zippers, the proven good stuff. Staying away from anything that has bad peripheral vision. Thanks againpost #88984 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:10amQuote:Label looks fine so far, but I didnt know Hermes made 7 folds. Check for the serial number and Hermes seal on the smaller end. Scour the tie for printing smudge or irregularities; Hermes doesnt let "seconds" get out into circulation. And check the back of the wide part for the loop, though I guess that wouldnt be there on a 7 fold....Originally Posted by DjangoV
Guessing it is real as it is 7-fold! (Click to show)post #88985 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:12amFound an oxxford with a pattern but there's no pant size inside. How do I confirm that it's not an orphan? Edit: some lining damage on the inside. Guess it's a pass. First time seeing one in the wild :/
Also that air force peacoat is still here. Damage is just lining on one sleeve if anyone wants a proxy.
Edited by ridethecliche - 12/21/13 at 9:35ampost #88986 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Label looks fine so far, but I didnt know Hermes made 7 folds. Check for the serial number and Hermes seal on the smaller end. Scour the tie for printing smudge or irregularities; Hermes doesnt let "seconds" get out into circulation. And check the back of the wide part for the loop, though I guess that wouldnt be there on a 7 fold....
My mistake. I apparently have a total misconception of the term 7-fold. Just read some stuff on tie variations and pretty sure its not a 7-fold. What resources are available for the serial number check?
Unfortunately I found out the shop opens late on monday. Since I am away for work most of the day I may not be able to pick it up. Fingers crossed it's still there tuesday.post #88987 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:39amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by 330CK
Still have a few more hours of photos to take for the night, but I thought I'd take a quick break to share this. Here she is...
Brown's Beach Vest
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The label looks '20s style to me. Most of the completed listings are for '40s & '50s, and the closest label I've found was from a '20s version that sold on a vintage clothing dealer's site. I have a feeling someone on here will have a knowledge base of these.
Me likey. Now go forth and find me some 1960s Duofold Model 701 loopwheel short sleeve undershirts. Preferraby in a size 36 or 38.post #88988 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:41ampost #88989 of 13872812/21/13 at 9:50ampost #88990 of 13872812/21/13 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by noob
Yes...did I dream this? Andro(?) was offering a free RLPL shirt around sized 5XL to anyone who fit a certain number of odd criteria -- among them, having never used the words 'ebay' or 'spoo' and 'poker' in the same sentence. I was wondering what this was all about. Did I miss a dust-up? I hope not.
Then I fell asleep...
Also, if we could also just get a brief reprise of the 38R vs. caseyfud, that was very entertaining. Thx.
Yeah, I don't qualify. Over 500 posts, I've bought stuff with the sole intention of selling on ebay, and used the word ethrift before (last night! Ha!). In Andro's eyes, I am forever unclean.post #88991 of 13872812/21/13 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by DanM
This was my last thrift run (maybe...) before spending a week with the extended family for Christmas. First time in over 10 years we've all been able to get together for the holiday, so pretty happy it's happening.
Eton & J Press. Both pretty rare around here.
Polo 93% Cashmere, 7% Wool, hand knitted... in China, but still...
BB chino, BB herringbone tweed.
4x Bills Khakis.
Has Incotex ever made for Hickey Freeman? The pants in the back certainly look like Incos..., and a pair of Vineyard Vines corduroys, as well as Hickey Freeman for Bobby Jones Loud golf pants.
Brioni Cannes and Oxxford trousers.
Fairly loud pinstripe (chalkstripe?) Oxxford suit.
J Crew blazer, Jack Victor, and Lands End tweed.
Harris Tweed made in Great Britain, vintage BB 346 camelhair, BB glen plaid.
interesting color flecks on the HT, unfortunately my iphone blew out most of the colors.
Pimptastic eggplant cashmere blazer by Jos Banks w/pocket square.
J Crew Ludlow tweed.
Has two moth holes on the back, but at $.99, I had to. Never seen Zegna Su Misura in person, and a cashmere blend... may try sending to a reweaver.
My second piece of Filson this week. $4.99
May not be an awesome brag, but I really liked the Gant Wool Flyer jacket I picked up. Leather sleeves and collar, throat latch.
Couple pairs AE.
And I e-thrifted these Corneliani ties. The one in the middle sold me - I had to have them.
I think I threw a bid on these as well.post #88992 of 13872812/21/13 at 10:35ampost #88993 of 13872812/21/13 at 10:37ampost #88994 of 13872812/21/13 at 10:38ampost #88995 of 13872812/21/13 at 10:49amGot a couple things this morning.
Full Polo University Club suit by Ralph Lauren. Navy blue with pinstripes. RIP Lazarus
Forgot to get pics of the pants.
Available, need to get measurements.
Lot of ties. From left to right: NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Linen, Bert Pulitzer, unknown Japanese?, Yves Saint Laurent
Anyone have info on this?
Awesome Christmasy Timberland Sweater. Had no idea timberland made clothes in Italy?
And a random Under Armor for spring golf season.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 27 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 36 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 47 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 54 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 59 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Woolrich x West America Waxed Canvas Jacket S Small Brown 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding