or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5875

post #88111 of 109556

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

where does prada fall as far as typical suiting quality? ive gone through more than 1000 pages of this thread without seeing a prada suit (except the one i thrifted). is that b/c you guys pass on them or b/c its not often found?

This is how you brag, nicely done! :teach::teach:

post #88112 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

where does prada fall as far as typical suiting quality? ive gone through more than 1000 pages of this thread without seeing a prada suit (except the one i thrifted). is that b/c you guys pass on them or b/c its not often found?

 

This thread is great, but it isn't the final word. If you find anything that sells well (verified by checking eBay completed listings), why not pick it up if you intend to flip it? 

post #88113 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post
 

 

This is how you brag, nicely done! :teach::teach:


+1

post #88114 of 109556
Running to the store and crossing my fingers. May the thrift gods be in my favor...
post #88115 of 109556
Is somebody here raiding the Tampa area???? Shit be dryyyy around these parts.
post #88116 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Running to the store and crossing my fingers. May the thrift gods be in my favor...

I'm going to second on that sport coat being a good pass. The lapels haz a sad face. frown.gif
post #88117 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by klay49 View Post

Is somebody here raiding the Tampa area???? Shit be dryyyy around these parts.


Welcome to my life. ALWAYS DRY.

post #88118 of 109556
Still no stuff in my SS size, starting to get worried. I did however find,
Deadstock minty fresh Pendleton plaid shacket in my size N/A
AppleMark

Vintage PRL denim lab coat? Made in the USA, available.
AppleMark


If these are your measurements, get at me, I found this amazing unstructured and soft shouldered triple patch pocket flecked tweed sc with working cuffs and the vent still basted shut. No idea on the maker, as the one tag has been removed. Really Really nice though, IMHO. Soooooooooooo wish it was my size. cloud.gif
Shoulder to shoulder 18 3/4
shoulder to cuff 25.5
pit to pit 22
boc 31.5
AppleMark



post #88119 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

Baller :cool:

post #88120 of 109556
Loakes were gone. frown.gif

Did pick up size 11 zegna shoes, a Talbot shirt, a corneliani shirt, a paul frederick shirt, and a bb tie. Oh, and that jacket haha. Passed on a tyrwitt thatlooked like it had seen better days. Same with a pair of prl cords.

So if anyone wants dibs on the jacket or shoes get at me. Jacket is a 46R and the shoes are a size 11. Hoping to trade!
post #88121 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Loakes were gone. frown.gif

Did pick up size 11 zegna shoes, a Talbot shirt, a corneliani shirt, a paul frederick shirt, and a bb tie. Oh, and that jacket haha. Passed on a tyrwitt thatlooked like it had seen better days. Same with a pair of prl cords.

So if anyone wants dibs on the jacket or shoes get at me. Jacket is a 46R and the shoes are a size 11. Hoping to trade!
Pics of the shoes?
post #88122 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Loakes were gone. frown.gif

Did pick up size 11 zegna shoes, a Talbot shirt, a corneliani shirt, a paul frederick shirt, and a bb tie. Oh, and that jacket haha. Passed on a tyrwitt thatlooked like it had seen better days. Same with a pair of prl cords.

So if anyone wants dibs on the jacket or shoes get at me. Jacket is a 46R and the shoes are a size 11. Hoping to trade!

Gotta show picks of this stuff if you expect to trade it.

post #88123 of 109556
Super late to work. Will try to get the pics up tonight. I need to put in trees and condition them first.

I guess my luck evened out. I wouldn't have come back had I bought this stuff yesterday so zegna for loake is a fair trade lol.

I bet one of you lot grabbed the loakes!
post #88124 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

happy.gif Which one? I've been a huge fan since about ninth grade, when I discovered Parliament of Whores.

I feel I have mentioned this elsewhere... patch[1].gif

Age and Guile Beat Youth and a Bad Haircut. I've actually never read him before, so this should be a treat, especially now that I know I don't have to never touch the book for fear of damaging it. Signed copies are fairly ubiquitous, judging by completed listings.
post #88125 of 109556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocooney View Post

Let us go then, you and I


fistbump.gif

Glad someone got the reference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread