Dont see much from Samuelsohn, was 42r, Reunited, but more expensive than usual. Lapels look more recent, right suit guys?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/21/17 at 10:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/15/17 at 2:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5872post #88066 of 13872812/12/13 at 7:50pmpost #88067 of 13872812/12/13 at 7:51pmpost #88068 of 13872812/12/13 at 7:53pmpost #88069 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ajdesa
Not exactly thrifted but I just got a pair of Allen Edmond MacNiel wingtips in Shell Cordovan for $60!
Nice.post #88070 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Another snow storm and another (vintage) haul.
Hudson's Bay point blanket coat. Very old. Maybe 1940s, but need to do more research. It's unisex. The front can be buttoned up either side.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Klondike hunting jacket. Late 60s to early-70s. Mint. Made in Japan. Corduroy collar, shell strips under pocket flaps AND snapped and zippered game pocket in back, with rubberized interior.
Wood's quilted hunting jacket. Probably 1960s, maybe 1950s. See pic with tag; cuffs have been repaired with home made knitted replacements.
Wool scarf. Need to think about the date a bit. Should say West Germany but says Western Germany. Maybe pre-wall? I don't know, but a quality item at any rate.
Mollenkamp & Goecke German army kit. 1961 date.
Pretty much the oldest Harris Tweed label I've found. Probably mid-1950s. There were two others that I left behind because the linings were blown out.
Unlabelled boots but built like a tank.
Sweater for my business partner. Who buys a sweater in Bermuda?
And a quilted PRL jacket.
Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!post #88071 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:10pmpost #88072 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:22pmpost #88073 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
Was curious about this myself so I poked around on the web. That HT may be older, looks similar to a label dated to the 40s.
How do you know the maker of those pants? I've seen them several times in the thread, and sold a pair myself, but I haven't been able to find much on the web about a maker.post #88074 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
Have you cracked the code on the registration number? Seems that folks at the Harris Tweed Authority can determine the age of a coat, but they don't publish the data.
I recently picked up a Harris Tweed overcoat that fits as if it were custom made for me. Have been trying to figure out how old it is. Shame I only get to wear it a few months out of the year...post #88075 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:56pmpost #88076 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:01pmpost #88077 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:14pmpost #88078 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:21pmpost #88079 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:44pmpost #88080 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:47pm
Stoked to hear that a few of you managed to pick up some of those AE Schautals. I went by the shop I thought was going to have them in 11.5 EEE and they checked, appears the pair that was in their system last night (when I checked from another store) is now gone. Well it was fun while the search lasted! Hopefully something similar will come along soon!
On the plus side, multiple tryings-on has confirmed that I've dropped a size and am now a 48L. Especially amazing considering it's the holiday season.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 47 seconds ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 8 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Business-wear Market Research 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway