Dont see much from Samuelsohn, was 42r, Reunited, but more expensive than usual. Lapels look more recent, right suit guys?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5872post #88066 of 13872812/12/13 at 7:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #88067 of 13872812/12/13 at 7:51pmpost #88068 of 13872812/12/13 at 7:53pmpost #88069 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ajdesa
Not exactly thrifted but I just got a pair of Allen Edmond MacNiel wingtips in Shell Cordovan for $60!
Nice.post #88070 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Another snow storm and another (vintage) haul.
Hudson's Bay point blanket coat. Very old. Maybe 1940s, but need to do more research. It's unisex. The front can be buttoned up either side.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Klondike hunting jacket. Late 60s to early-70s. Mint. Made in Japan. Corduroy collar, shell strips under pocket flaps AND snapped and zippered game pocket in back, with rubberized interior.
Wood's quilted hunting jacket. Probably 1960s, maybe 1950s. See pic with tag; cuffs have been repaired with home made knitted replacements.
Wool scarf. Need to think about the date a bit. Should say West Germany but says Western Germany. Maybe pre-wall? I don't know, but a quality item at any rate.
Mollenkamp & Goecke German army kit. 1961 date.
Pretty much the oldest Harris Tweed label I've found. Probably mid-1950s. There were two others that I left behind because the linings were blown out.
Unlabelled boots but built like a tank.
Sweater for my business partner. Who buys a sweater in Bermuda?
And a quilted PRL jacket.
Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!post #88071 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:10pmpost #88072 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:22pmpost #88073 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
Was curious about this myself so I poked around on the web. That HT may be older, looks similar to a label dated to the 40s.
How do you know the maker of those pants? I've seen them several times in the thread, and sold a pair myself, but I haven't been able to find much on the web about a maker.post #88074 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
Have you cracked the code on the registration number? Seems that folks at the Harris Tweed Authority can determine the age of a coat, but they don't publish the data.
I recently picked up a Harris Tweed overcoat that fits as if it were custom made for me. Have been trying to figure out how old it is. Shame I only get to wear it a few months out of the year...post #88075 of 13872812/12/13 at 8:56pmpost #88076 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:01pmpost #88077 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:14pmpost #88078 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:21pmpost #88079 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:44pmpost #88080 of 13872812/12/13 at 9:47pm
Stoked to hear that a few of you managed to pick up some of those AE Schautals. I went by the shop I thought was going to have them in 11.5 EEE and they checked, appears the pair that was in their system last night (when I checked from another store) is now gone. Well it was fun while the search lasted! Hopefully something similar will come along soon!
On the plus side, multiple tryings-on has confirmed that I've dropped a size and am now a 48L. Especially amazing considering it's the holiday season.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Junya Watanabe FW06 Rebuild blazer parka (L) 3 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Please Critique My Shirt 9 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...