Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/18/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5869post #88021 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:28pmpost #88022 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:46pmpost #88023 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:47pmQuote:
I sold one last week. You must need a brush up on searching ebay competed listingspost #88024 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:50pmI only found one jacket in that brand!
Left the loakes too. They were probably as close to immaculate as possible for used shoes.
Might come grab both over lunch.
Edit: nope, I found a few of them. Some Harris tweed ones sold for 50, but it looks like what I had was a good find even at that price. Definitely coming back over lunch.
On that note does anyone want a pair of the size 10 loakes when I go back tomorrow?
If they're still there.post #88025 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:51pmThrift Thread Gift Exchange 2013
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I've lost some weight and am looking for smaller trousers. Tben came through with a nice selection. Top to bottom: Bill's, Orvis, Orvis, Faconnable (look to be Incotex) and a great BB Merino/cashmere cable knit sweater. Thanks Tben!!!post #88026 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:53pmQuote:
If I wasn't currently looking for closet space to house my current 7 tweeds, I would totally ask for the proxy.
SeaJen: glad you liked!
Thrift blues: found an awesome Belvest db suit in Super 150s wool. Found 3 moth holes in the pants, and there were probably more I hadn't discovered.post #88027 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
It's not the brand, it's the style. Look up tweed hunting coat. You passed on $$$. Well, maybe just $$. But still worthwhile.post #88028 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:56pmYeah. Hope it's still there tomorrow. Crossing my fingers. I might go back when they open lol. I carried out around the store for an hour trying to decide. I thought I had something awesome...
What about the loakes? I'd get them on condition alone, but they're just the $150 lower tier shoes. Goodyear welted though.post #88029 of 13872812/12/13 at 4:57pmpost #88030 of 13872812/12/13 at 5:02pmpost #88031 of 13872812/12/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
These, and check out all of the closed auction listings by other members of the forum. Please?post #88032 of 13872812/12/13 at 5:05pmEdit: TonyL: Congrats on the weight loss.
In related news, I found something you lost. Happy to return it because believe me, I don't need it.Quote:FTFYOriginally Posted by SeaJen
My wife texted me to say that a box arrived for me today. She thinks it's my SS gift, but it could be a buyer's remorse return, so I won't get too excited yet. Anyone from Cincy on here?
Incidentally, she said that she has a playgroup with the kids when I get home so could I wait until she's home before opening!? Apparently the Secret Santa has peaked piqued her interest.
(Sorry, I know that's a huge d*ck move. I may or may not be a little OCD)Quote:
WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE LOAKE?
I mean, they're not Grenson or EG or anything, but those are really good shoes. At least AE quality, which should have been obvious from the construction.
This is what Spoo was talking about.
And that jacket -- SOMEONE on here wanted that badass motherf--. I'm not talking about Ebay dollars. Forget all that noise for a second. Someone HERE would have traded you cool stuff your size for that. Almost certainly.
Now, in fairness, you may have faced the dilemma I've often faced -- cool stuff that's overpriced. That's a much harder cost-benefit analysis to weigh. But if those were standard thrift prices, you should have kopped and then asked what else they had in the back.
Teachable moment over.post #88033 of 13872812/12/13 at 5:06pm
Stopped by a spot today and they had two pair of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes in the glass cabinet - 12 E - okay, but some scuffs - not paying $40. I politely decline and she says "Did you see the 30 other pair I just put out from the same donor?" Oh.. my... Zelli, Moreschi, Gucci, Mezlan, etc... Most of them were ostrich, but a few were croc or alligator.
Picked up two pair - Zelli Crocodile and an unmarked custom made horned back alligator from Italy.
Hoping for a half-off shoes day in the near future.. :)post #88034 of 13872812/12/13 at 5:07pmpost #88035 of 13872812/12/13 at 5:08pmI'll get them tomorrow. Don't worry. Honestly, I knew they were awesome. My fear of making a mistake just overrode my gut feeling.
And exactly, it was 20 bucks. At the regular price I would have walked out with it. At 20, ebay listings showed many things selling for 30. That held me back. At that price, pink shirts are better... Same for the loakes they were probably 15 or so. I've seen them sell for 30 and then tons higher.
They also had a rl rugby sweater. It was 25. Same thing. Is that worth it at that price? I'm not sure. I know I'd grab it in a heartbeat for 5.
I did pick up 3 nwt bb makers ties for 3 bucks each.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 14 minutes ago
- › Japanese Leather Goods/Accessories 15 minutes ago
- › #BLM 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding