I have the day off tomorrow and I hope to ship some consignment stuff out. PM's to follow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5863post #87931 of 13872812/11/13 at 7:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #87932 of 13872812/11/13 at 7:56pmQuote:
[beavis voice] Huh, huh, huh; he said beaver....[/voice]
On the off-topic derail...I think that House Of Cards is quite possibly the best show this side of Dexter....post #87933 of 13872812/11/13 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by eazye
So I wanted to follow Gmmcls lead and share how much this thread has helped me up my clothing game. Out of the hundreds of pairs of shoes I've thrifted, these are the one's that have found a permanent home in my closet. All these have been thrifted by me except where noted. I also want to say, before I joined this fantastic community and started soaking in it's infinite wisdom, my only pair of "dress shoes" was a pair of BB suede bucs. Warning, lots of pictures in the spoiler.
Tu. Mescent.post #87934 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:00pmpost #87935 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:01pmpost #87936 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:05pmpost #87937 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
On the off-topic derail...I think that House Of Cards is quite possibly the best show this side of Dexter....Another poor soul who hasn't seen The Wire. (Although the early half of HOC is mad good.)post #87938 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:23pmpost #87939 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:30pmpost #87940 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Oh, we're watching that too. But that was before Dexter, wasn't it?*This side of Dexter. Ah, fair enough. Well okay; crime isn't a big focus, but Treme also has that setting driving, environment focus style that David Simon is so excellent at. I guess I'm just becoming jaded towards character driven work, and forget about plot.post #87941 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:35pmpost #87942 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:41pm
So, after 3 years of thrifting diligently in this stinking desert, I found my first Kiton. Turns out it is NWT Kiton from Saks. Unfortunately, it has paisleys on it... which probably explains why it still has tags on it.
Also found a couple more nice Charvet ties.
And a nice Cashmere Pringle sweater.post #87943 of 13872812/11/13 at 8:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
Hey, you guys are quite welcome. I want you both to know that I made an 'extra' effort to make that first season memorable for you. You might enjoy this thread from a while back right here on styleforum!
"House of Cards" Baltimore casting call Oh BTW, here's a recent thrift fit of mine! (Click to show)
I don't think I've ever said this on here, but I seriously turned to my wife and said, "That's that guy from StyleForum."post #87944 of 13872812/11/13 at 9:21pmBeen having excellent luck thrifting on eBay lately. This stack includes Bottega Veneta, Sulka w/ 14ct gold corners, and Swaine Adeney & Brigg w/ 9ct gold corners. Less than $10/each with shipping included.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #87945 of 13872812/11/13 at 9:36pmI don't troll ebay enough to find the $10 Lobbs some of you find, but this one qualifies in my book.
Great colors? Check. Great quality (implied; I've handled this vintage LB ties and they're pretty good)? Check. Great texture and materials? Check. Right length and width? Check. Under a Jackson shipped? Yep, sign me up.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 3 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?