Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5793post #86882 of 13872812/4/13 at 12:48pmpost #86883 of 13872812/4/13 at 12:49pmpost #86884 of 13872812/4/13 at 12:51pmpost #86885 of 13872812/4/13 at 12:57pmpost #86886 of 13872812/4/13 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by ScottW
Past couple days' worth of pick-ups...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Southwick, J Crew English silk, J Crew Italian silk, BB
Bamfors & Sons merlot colored Italian-made silk knit, 2x Armani
Cherry pop! Drake's woven silk (n/a).Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fueco clued me in on these. NWT Reyn Spooner Hawaiian with jukebox theme
Thomas Pink short sleeve linen, made in Ireland.
Gerry USA-made rain jacket in a nice blue color that I think I will use come spring. Needs a laundering but in great shape overall.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Gloverall duffle coat (cherry pop). Been looking for one but unfortunately this ain't my size.
Picked this up for the wife. Barney's lightweight knee-length spring-ey colored coat, made in Italy. Can anybody ID the maker?
You, my friend, are on fire.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Secret Santa gift went out this afternoon!!!post #86887 of 13872812/4/13 at 1:06pmpost #86888 of 13872812/4/13 at 1:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by thefastlife
Passed on this the other day... Looked dated but I couldn't tell by the tag. I believe they wanted $75 for the suit but was half off Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not terribly dated -- the gorge is actually neither too low nor downward facing, but look again. There's a hole. I passed before you did.post #86889 of 13872812/4/13 at 1:14pmpost #86890 of 13872812/4/13 at 1:18pmQuote:
I too had to leave a wounded Oxxford in the field today...navy camel hair blazer, great condition and reasonably recent, but with a nasty hole on the shoulder as though the owner caught it on a barbed wire fence when running from zombies (or something...it's been a long day!).post #86891 of 13872812/4/13 at 1:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by jgill79
Just wanted to say a public thanks to @ridethecliche for hooking me up with an awesome piece to give to my Secret Santa, all on pure faith and a player to be named later. He bailed me out, and kept me from having to send out a pile of ties.
Not that there's anything wrong with a bunch of ties, you understand. I absolutely love ties, but I figure anyone who has done this more than once, has gotten their fair share.post #86892 of 13872812/4/13 at 2:02pm
Tried to thrift in my home town over Thanksgiving, but no joy. Maybe I'll have some luck over Xmas when I go to Indianapolis to visit the In-laws.
Have found a few things in the last week or so though.post #86893 of 13872812/4/13 at 2:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
Wtf is this thing I got yesterday
Is it real? Fake? A DIY project??? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Can't tell what size it is, but either an ascot or one of their over-sized twilly's, from the looks of it.post #86894 of 13872812/4/13 at 2:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Congrats on finding the right buyer!
2 stores. A few items. Ran into a thrifter. We were talking about selvedge denim. He told me he found 3 pairs of Baldwins the other day...FML! Good on him though!
70's Big E Levi's bell bottoms...Riveted! Did not cop cuz they were bell bottoms...Interesting finds though!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Another pair with leather pocket trim! Very cool.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would have grabbed those if I were you. I've had really good luck selling Levis bellbottoms. Usually get $40-$70.Quote:
That's their current details label, which isn't saying much. They switched to that label in 1994 or so. Still, I pick up suits with this label if they are in good shape and at a decent price.
So I got up this morning and sat in this for 2 hours to get to my usual stores:
Last time I went in a snow storm nobody was there and two racks of killer recent Adrian Jules and Paul Stuart suits came out. Literally had them all to myself. Got there today in hopes of a replay of that day. No such luck. The stores were barren except for a few regulars. No goodies coming out though. Just junk.
I did find a couple things to not make the trip a total loss. Nothing spectacular by any means but cool stuff. I'm calling it a good day simply due to the fact that I made it there and back in one piece. Counted 25 cars spun out/in the ditch on my trek. 4x4 doesn't make you invincible to the laws of physics.
Vintage Lee 101J sanforized denim jacket.
Vintage Nike windbreaker
Helmut Lang women's shawl thing.post #86895 of 13872812/4/13 at 2:32pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK ~ THE OFFICIAL-UNOFFICIAL TOJ EXCHANGE... 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 12 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...