or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5675

post #85111 of 124594
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianG View Post
 

Any boot experts out there? Just found these today, but I'm pretty light on the details. The leather is VERY heavy, and given some of the cracking, I'm inclined to think these are horsehide. The only marking I can find are some perforations on the outside of both tongues that read "44 8 10641" and an inside stamp on both boots that reads "44 8 9922 20". The soles seem to have resoled with "Continental" soles at one point, although the mid sole can still be read on both to say "44 8 1".

 

Usually with boots of this condition, I'd guess that are American made, but the 44 size is obviously European. They appear to be handmade, given the amount of nails and tacks beneath the insole. The insole has one stamp in it that reads"44".

 

I guess I'm just interested if anyone happens to know the maker, or what the leather material is. The black laces are what the boots came with, but they are too short, so I was trying them on with a spare set of leather laces I had.

 

 

 

I can't help with the maker or the material, but my guess would be tree climbing boots for lumberjacks.

post #85112 of 124594
Those boots are badass, and possibly my size... Must ... Resist ... Pm...

Ethrift



99% sure this is NWOT
post #85113 of 124594
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

*kick ass ass kicking boots
+1
post #85114 of 124594

Seller is going to have trouble paying shipping and Ebay fees with $17.

post #85115 of 124594
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianG View Post
 

Any boot experts out there? Just found these today, but I'm pretty light on the details. The leather is VERY heavy, and given some of the cracking, I'm inclined to think these are horsehide. The only marking I can find are some perforations on the outside of both tongues that read "44 8 10641" and an inside stamp on both boots that reads "44 8 9922 20". The soles seem to have resoled with "Continental" soles at one point, although the mid sole can still be read on both to say "44 8 1".

 

Usually with boots of this condition, I'd guess that are American made, but the 44 size is obviously European. They appear to be handmade, given the amount of nails and tacks beneath the insole. The insole has one stamp in it that reads"44".

 

I guess I'm just interested if anyone happens to know the maker, or what the leather material is. The black laces are what the boots came with, but they are too short, so I was trying them on with a spare set of leather laces I had.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 Forgot to mention that I found these with a pair of size 44.5 Buttero calf height Italian engineer boots. I assume both were former possessions of the same owner.

 

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll probably look into resoling them in NYC, since the half sole is coming apart from the boot. Unsure about keeping the metal toe.

post #85116 of 124594
Anyone recognize this logo?

vtftoz3z.jpg
post #85117 of 124594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
 

Seller is going to have trouble paying shipping and Ebay fees with $17.


not buyers problem.

 

great purchase my friend.

post #85118 of 124594

Houston thrift score: 0 for 4.

 

Oh, well.

post #85119 of 124594
Just picked up a jacket. Orphan? Oh well. Fits perfect like new.

tuet7ejo.jpg
post #85120 of 124594
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

Anyone recognize this logo?

vtftoz3z.jpg

I'm going to be kind and assume you're in-store (though you could just as easily google McGregor and sweater (or knitwear) than post a photo here).

But, I'm interested in vintage so here's some info:

http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/mcgregor/


Sorry for the snark but it's been a long and cold day here.
post #85121 of 124594
Stopped into Marty Mathis Clothiers yesterday while downtown with my wife for dinner. Bought myself a birthday present (beautiful Jonathan Wachtel cufflinks). Super nice guy and very generous! Gave me a discount on the cufflinks and threw in some extras as a birthday present. Two issues of the short-lived but super cool magazine Classic Style (guy behind it was a friend of his and also runs the Fedora Lounge). Plus, he threw in a J.J. Weston lapel pin! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



His shop is really cool. It's like stepping back in time. A great old-fashioned classic men's shop.

http://www.martymathisclothiers.com/

Shoutout to MyMainMan for an awesome (and free!) Bemidji Woolen Mills wine colored cardigan. Also a shoutout to txwoodworker for a smooth trade and a cool Lululemon track jacket and EasyE for a great trade on the Filson cruiser.
post #85122 of 124594

Picked up this cool HSM herringbone overcoat. Trad special. 

 

No size or material tag, yet its a heavy wool herringbone tweed. I'm guessing around a size 46. Originally from Wallach's.

 

post #85123 of 124594
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post

Those boots are badass, and possibly my size... Must ... Resist ... Pm...

Ethrift



99% sure this is NWOT
dude. With the bastings still on it. Well done!
post #85124 of 124594
Happy Birthday NATAKU!
post #85125 of 124594
Hfs. That Isaia. Well done. And happy birthday, Nataku!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread