or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5667

post #84991 of 118282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post

My shoes don't stare at me.



Sounds like a fox stole needs to be an item on the next scavenger hunt!

 


 

If your shoes, toaster, cell phone or anything else does not stare at you, then you have a dearth of googly eyes.  Easy remedy

post #84992 of 118282

Would totally make that work.
post #84993 of 118282

God damn, dudes. I think I have a pretty great haul and I have to follow a few crazy ass ones? Not fair.

 

Anyway, here's what I got from 3-4 stores in Northern Minnesota. Friendliest employees ever. Two older ladies at the first store were really excited to map out the area, thrift/consignment-wise. 

 

Everything is N/A for now. Best part of all of these is that they're all approximately my size. Still have to try everything on to see which are keepers.

 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

L to R: Woolrich wool w/ corduroy collar, Eddie Bauer Harris Tweed, Bemidji Woolen Mills 

AppleMark

 

Semi close-up of the Bemidji Woolen Mills coat

AppleMark

 

Woolrich

AppleMark

 

EB Harris Tweed

AppleMark

 

L to R: Judy Stern(?), Schott Down coat with removable hood, Pendleton hat, mint-ass Levi's Type 1, Pendleton western 

AppleMark

 

Any idea a guesstimated date on this hat? Newish? Oldish? Looks like it was never worn.

AppleMark

 

Pendleton Western w/ metal buttons

AppleMark

 

Type 1

AppleMark

 

Schott

AppleMark

 

Not sure why this is sideways. Any idea what this is? Made in USA, thick canvas with wool collar and shoulders and crazy buttons.

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

AppleMark

 

any idea?

 

 

Also, before I left town, I made a quick stop while running an errand for work. In the middle of a rack filled with overpriced London Fogs, I felt this and knew it was something.

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

Alpaca/Virgin Wool Max Mara. Obviously not for me. 

 

post #84994 of 118282
Woah, is that max Mara a men's coat? Never knew they made for us dudes.
post #84995 of 118282

Nah, it's women's. I thought it was men's at first and was really confused, but it's going on the bay and it's going to fund an equally cool men's coat for me.

post #84996 of 118282
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!
post #84997 of 118282

Trying to cut back, organize and clear my inventory.  But I JUST...CAN'T...STOP!

Most notable this weekend:

Full length Mongolian cashmere overcoat.  Knew as soon as I touched the shoulder, this was no camelhair.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

2 more duffles, same store as the first.  Much newer, both 48's

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #84998 of 118282
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post


2 more duffles, same store as the first.  Much newer, both 48's





Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Any chance they're 48...L?
post #84999 of 118282

Saw these guys at the GW today when I went. I passed because they're not my size but I was disappointed that they weren't. If anyone wants them, I can probably pop back in and grab 'em.

How are they though?

 

 

 

post #85000 of 118282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Saw these guys at the GW today when I went. I passed because they're not my size but I was disappointed that they weren't. If anyone wants them, I can probably pop back in and grab 'em.

How are they though?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

1. Pass unless it's your size. 2. Pass. Period. 3. Cop if it's your size. Also cop and trade if it's not your size. But all depends on condition.

post #85001 of 118282

Had a decent weekend.  Finds from Friday and Saturday.

 

Is Richel any good?  2x Richel, Brooks Brothers, 2x Altea

 

Brioni, Breuer, Brooks Brothers, Dunhill

 

Clockwise from top left: BB, BB Loro Piana, Zanella, Orvis moleskin

From top left: BB, J Peterman cords, Polo by Corneliani wool/cashmere blend, Zanella, Zanella NWT, BB

 

BB Navy blazer, Polo made in USA cashmere, Oxxford linen.

 

I don't normally buy Jos Banks, but when its vintage, made in USA, 3 roll 2, blackwatch plaid?  Sure.  Vintage Hugo Boss tuxedo jacket, BB 3 roll 2 camel hair.

 

Oxxford navy pinstripe super worsted suit.

 

 

NWT RRL rugby

 

Took a gamble on the J Peterman banded collar.  Also picked up what appears to be a fairly normal skeet...

 

except it has all these weird see-through seams.

 

3x Charles Tyrwhitt 16.5 35 french cuff

 

Brioni Roma, Paul Stuart, another Tyrwhitt

post #85002 of 118282
prl my size (n/a), working cuffs, leather accents.
AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

Had a decent weekend.  Finds from Friday and Saturday.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Is Richel any good?  2x Richel, Brooks Brothers, 2x Altea



Brioni, Breuer, Brooks Brothers, Dunhill



Clockwise from top left: BB, BB Loro Piana, Zanella, Orvis moleskin


From top left: BB, J Peterman cords, Polo by Corneliani wool/cashmere blend, Zanella, Zanella NWT, BB



BB Navy blazer, Polo made in USA cashmere, Oxxford linen.



I don't normally buy Jos Banks, but when its vintage, made in USA, 3 roll 2, blackwatch plaid?  Sure.  Vintage Hugo Boss tuxedo jacket, BB 3 roll 2 camel hair.



Oxxford navy pinstripe super worsted suit.




NWT RRL rugby



Took a gamble on the J Peterman banded collar.  Also picked up what appears to be a fairly normal skeet...



except it has all these weird see-through seams.



3x Charles Tyrwhitt 16.5 35 french cuff



Brioni Roma, Paul Stuart, another Tyrwhitt


Nice haul.
post #85003 of 118282
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

1. Pass unless it's your size. 2. Pass. Period. 3. Cop if it's your size. Also cop and trade if it's not your size. But all depends on condition.

I think 2 can work with white pants on a summer picnic , I dig it!
Self only of course
post #85004 of 118282
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

prl my size (n/a), working cuffs, leather accents.
AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Nice haul.

:drool:  But N/A :brick:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
 

Had a decent weekend.  Finds from Friday and Saturday.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Is Richel any good?  2x Richel, Brooks Brothers, 2x Altea

 

Brioni, Breuer, Brooks Brothers, Dunhill

 

Clockwise from top left: BB, BB Loro Piana, Zanella, Orvis moleskin

From top left: BB, J Peterman cords, Polo by Corneliani wool/cashmere blend, Zanella, Zanella NWT, BB

 

BB Navy blazer, Polo made in USA cashmere, Oxxford linen.

 

I don't normally buy Jos Banks, but when its vintage, made in USA, 3 roll 2, blackwatch plaid?  Sure.  Vintage Hugo Boss tuxedo jacket, BB 3 roll 2 camel hair.

 

Oxxford navy pinstripe super worsted suit.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NWT RRL rugby

 

Took a gamble on the J Peterman banded collar.  Also picked up what appears to be a fairly normal skeet...

 

except it has all these weird see-through seams.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

3x Charles Tyrwhitt 16.5 35 french cuff

 

Brioni Roma, Paul Stuart, another Tyrwhitt

 

 

:lol:  But serious...:puzzled:

post #85005 of 118282
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

prl my size (n/a), working cuffs, leather accents.
AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Nice haul.

 

 

Thanks.  That's a sweet PRL.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread