Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5652
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84767 of 13872811/15/13 at 12:46pmpost #84768 of 13872811/15/13 at 12:53pmQuote:post #84769 of 13872811/15/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by pnutpug
Actually, no, you are not allowed to ask "basic" questions. This question about SC vs. orphan has been dealt with countless times, countless places, here and elsewhere on the Internet. There is zero need to ask it again. You can find the answer yourself faster than anyone here can type, again, an explanation. If I knew how to use the LMGTFY function, I would.
GW vs. SA is also, in my estimation, a silly question. For one thing, if you spent 10 minutes researching, you'd know that GW and SA chapters are all independently run, so what might be true in one city won't be true in another. If you spent more time reading the thread, you'll see that the same thrifter who found grail shoes at SA one day found a grail suit at GW on another, and a grail tie at a Savers on yet another and a grail shirt at a rummage sale on yet another. While we might all have personal preferences, or even superstitions, others have rightly noted that the only way to find out is get out from behind the keyboard and go thrifting.
Folks here are some of the most helpful folks you'll find anywhere--where else can you learn the finer points of camouflage and reel-to-reel tape players and suit labels--but that doesn't mean that the experts on this thread should be the first stop when you have a question. Genuinely stumped after spending 20 minutes or so doing your own research, fine. Otherwise, no. Folks who do that sort of thing tend to find their welcome here is fast worn out.
I don't mean to be rude and I've been chastised myself (still waiting to find out whether the vintage Gucci tie I posted two weeks ago is a thing). Just be aware that there is a certain etiquette to this thread, and the cardinal rule is...Read. The. Thread.
ima bout 400 pages deep bruh!post #84770 of 13872811/15/13 at 12:55pmpost #84771 of 13872811/15/13 at 12:58pmpost #84772 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:03pmpost #84773 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:06pmpost #84774 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:09pm
Shells are something that I just cannot seem to find. I really don't understand it, for the life of me. I've found basically every major maker, untold Savile Row pieces, the ancient, the weird, the rare, and the fun....
...but I never find shells. I have found exactly 2 pair of shells in at least as many years. It's not like I don't find shoes; I've found plenty of great shoe finds (though none from the super elite makes), including several exotics. But just never shell. Thankfully, 1 of the 2 pair I did find fit me exactly and get a helluvalotta use. It really trips me out when people find several pair, or even find more than a pair or two ever.
My neck of the woods needs to up its shell game.post #84775 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:09pmpost #84776 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:21pmpost #84777 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:31pmpost #84778 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:42pmpost #84779 of 13872811/15/13 at 1:45pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...