Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5643post #84631 of 13872811/13/13 at 9:55pmIt really pisses me off when people jump in front of me when I'm cruising the racks. Fortunately, I'm one of the 200 items per minute searchers, so I just jump around them when I get right up next to them. If they jumped three hangers in front of me, I just plow through them.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84632 of 13872811/13/13 at 9:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
It really pisses me off when people jump in front of me when I'm cruising the racks. Fortunately, I'm one of the 200 items per minute searchers, so I just jump around them when I get right up next to them. If they jumped three hangers in front of me, I just plow through them.
It's kinda funny when you go through the rack at full speed when there's someone ahead of you who is slower than you. You see them either kinda panic trying to go faster or they just leave the rack.post #84633 of 13872811/13/13 at 10:26pmQuote:
yeah, someone did it to me this evening at TJX while I was cruising the jackets (visions of Nike Windrunner USA jackets swirling around my mind...). She asked her husband twice if Marmot was any good. Meanwhile, I had two killer Marmot jackets in my hand. You have to be fast to beat me to the awesome down jackets...post #84634 of 13872811/14/13 at 12:20am
It's frustrating: I used to be damn fast at the racks and am now slowed down by the cane in one hand, items in the other, and the game leg. Carts (boo, hiss) help enormously. Still, doubled the time it takes to go through a store. Was juggling my things trying to look at a jacket in a vinnies last week and shattered a mixing glass set all over the floor .post #84635 of 13872811/14/13 at 1:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
I'm glad s_allen_p weighed in on this. I'll be in California in either Jan. or Feb. I'll never ask for any spot revealing or anything like that but I think you said you caught your Barneys haul as it was being wheeled out. Is that how most finds happen for you Cali guy? Just wondering if you guys think much stuff good makes it to the next day? Love your tumblr as well as all the other thrift thread members blogs.
90% of the time I find stuff on the floor, but there have been a few occasions where I was there when the good stuff came out fresh. As far as how long good stuff sits, I would guess stuff could maybe go for a few days, mostly depending on the schedules of the regular LA thread members. I'll be back to work in Jan/Feb, so I won't be grabbing much.post #84636 of 13872811/14/13 at 4:24am
OR did I just buy an expensive pair of beaters.post #84637 of 13872811/14/13 at 4:27amQuote:Originally Posted by tben
OR did I just buy an expensive pair of beaters.
Not Alden. Sorry man.post #84638 of 13872811/14/13 at 5:47amThere's only one spot here in Chi-town where I get upset with the flippers. And it's not that I care about them being flippers, I actually almost feel bad for them. They sit by the door that racks come out of and literally chase after the poor employee just trying to put stuff up. It's really sad actually, and kind of barbaric. And a lot of good stuff still manages to find it's way to the rack, which makes me wonder, what are they really after? Sometimes I want to go up to them and say "it's not that serious".post #84639 of 13872811/14/13 at 5:53ampost #84640 of 13872811/14/13 at 6:16ampost #84641 of 13872811/14/13 at 6:20ampost #84642 of 13872811/14/13 at 6:48ampost #84643 of 13872811/14/13 at 6:51ampost #84644 of 13872811/14/13 at 6:54am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 17 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 47 seconds ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 58 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?