Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5629post #84421 of 13872811/11/13 at 8:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84422 of 13872811/11/13 at 8:51pmpost #84423 of 13872811/11/13 at 8:52pm
So... been a week since I hit one of my favorite holes and the lady says "Hey, we received some fancy ties and put them over here. We looked them up and had to price them higher than normal." Had a number of Brioni ties at $15 each. These were the less hideous of the batch. The "oil slick" one on the right, I'm keeping.
Oh.. and my first Barbour item that I would actually think about wearing. But after getting home, I realized that the zipper was on the wrong side. They don't sell XL for women do they?
Edited by sn0wman - 11/11/13 at 9:24pmpost #84424 of 13872811/11/13 at 8:54pmpost #84425 of 13872811/11/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
Barbour, being English, puts zippers on the "wrong" side. I won't say anything about those ties.post #84426 of 13872811/11/13 at 9:05pmNice finds GMMcL. Dropped in for vets day sale. Was crazy crowded. Nothing in the store: an Oxxford suit, couple of HF Bespoke suits, and many high quality orphans, a pair of dead Aldens. Under 10 bucks but would require an hour wait to pay and none fit. Unusually low priced though.Walked straight out. Loss of time. Hopefully will lead way for new stuff.post #84427 of 13872811/11/13 at 9:23pm
Are they different from these:
Quote:post #84428 of 13872811/11/13 at 11:22pmpost #84429 of 13872811/12/13 at 12:50am
You jerks had me out tonight looking for this Filson that is apparently raining down like manna from heaven
Did grab this Golden Bear in great shape for $15. Haven't had a leather jacket since the cat got upset with our house-guests a few years back and pissed on my old one.
Yeah, dirty mirror.
Rest is thrifted, of course: woolrich, j. crew, west is deadpost #84430 of 13872811/12/13 at 3:37ampost #84431 of 13872811/12/13 at 4:46ampost #84432 of 13872811/12/13 at 5:37ampost #84433 of 13872811/12/13 at 5:40ampost #84434 of 13872811/12/13 at 7:09amHeads up, fellow anti-retailers. Unless mine eyes do deceive me, Charles Tyrwhitt has true grenadine in a variety of styles and colors for $40 each (if you buy 2). The irony is they're not listed as gren, and (some of) the more expensive ones listed as gren aren't -- again, unless the pictures are misleading me.
I had a coupon, so I used it to order 2. I will let everyone know whether they're true gren when they arrive.post #84435 of 13872811/12/13 at 7:19am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?