or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5607

post #84091 of 112750

Been picking up knitted ties. 1st is Menzies Red and Black clan tartan by Viyella. 2nd is Maclaren clan tartan....made in Scotland, third is Lands End 100% wool knit.

post #84092 of 112750
Wes, I'll be bidding on your 3 piece plaid just for the vest. biggrin.gif
post #84093 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post
 


Haven't seen you in a while. That was hella random...

 

I am a consistent lurker :bigstar:

post #84094 of 112750

Love that Land's End Fair Isle.

 

*Also, what are app are you using to create those collages?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

Been picking up knitted ties. 1st is Menzies Red and Black clan tartan by Viyella. 2nd is Maclaren clan tartan....made in Scotland, third is Lands End 100% wool knit.

post #84095 of 112750

Awesome Coogi made in Austurlia Medium fits like a Large(available)

 

 

 

 

 

Y-3 Gray Jacket XXL Avaialbe

 

 

 

post #84096 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Wes, I'll be bidding on your 3 piece plaid just for the vest. biggrin.gif

Damn dude, you have been looking for a vest for 2 years at least.

post #84097 of 112750

That Zilli is cool.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

 

It's from 1973 and using a "dummy" UPC code (private use UPC).  Mystery.

No, most tags from Italy have a 1973 on them, 1973 is not the year, and the bar codes on tags are for production or inventory use, not for retail so they won't help you figure out where they're from (I've tried).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

Been picking up knitted ties. 1st is Menzies Red and Black clan tartan by Viyella. 2nd is Maclaren clan tartan....made in Scotland, third is Lands End 100% wool knit.

I like that LE tie, nice!

post #84098 of 112750

These maybe? http://www.tellason.com/index.php/pants/john-graham-mellor-slim-straight-16-5-oz.html

 

I see that the inside looks different though. They look pretty heavy so they could be the 16.5 oz. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
 

My crapshoot Tellasons arrived. I couldn't find anything that looked exactly like these on their website, and no model name on them either. Can any of you denim heads clue me in? They're a slim straight fit, little big in the waist, and a little snug in the scrotal region, but they fit well enough to keep.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #84099 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

the collages are just a fast way to get posted. I just add them to a photo book in iPhoto (bottom right hand corner) and do a save as pdf and then convert to png. they have a dozen layouts for every page. plus you don't have to crop. just pop them in and use a slider to get it where you want it. 

post #84100 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



CAN I MENTION HOW EXCITED I AM FOR NATAKUS 1940s LEATHER JACKET

On the bay right now? Or the deerskin has made it's way east?
post #84101 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Damn dude, you have been looking for a vest for 2 years at least.

I found them but little pricey:

http://www.walkerslater.com/shop/mens/clothing/tweed-suit-waistcoats.html

I may still pull the trigger, but now can't choose biggrin.gif
post #84102 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

the collages are just a fast way to get posted. I just add them to a photo book in iPhoto (bottom right hand corner) and do a save as pdf and then convert to png. they have a dozen layouts for every page. plus you don't have to crop. just pop them in and use a slider to get it where you want it. 

Cool. Thanky, Sai.

post #84103 of 112750

If I'm interpreting this tag right, I just picked up a USN Reefer from 1965 that looks like it just left the factory.  Do people do reproductions of Bridge coats? 

 

DSA-1

 

All the buttons look like new.

Corduroy pocket lining

Choker still present

post #84104 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltorb View Post
 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
 

My crapshoot Tellasons arrived. I couldn't find anything that looked exactly like these on their website, and no model name on them either. Can any of you denim heads clue me in? They're a slim straight fit, little big in the waist, and a little snug in the scrotal region, but they fit well enough to keep.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

This is what I got as well. They're the indigo canvas. I don't know Tellason calls them specifically and they're not their site anymore.

post #84105 of 112750
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

If I'm interpreting this tag right, I just picked up a USN Reefer from 1965 that looks like it just left the factory.  Do people do reproductions of Bridge coats? 


Looks like 1963 to me. nice!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread