or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5545

post #83161 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Is anyone here a 52 US jacket?

Is it a really slim 52 that could pass as a fiddy?

post #83162 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Is it a really slim 52 that could pass as a fiddy?

This, only maybe really really really skinny that's closer to a 48?
post #83163 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Is it a really slim 52 that could pass as a fiddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staxringold View Post

This, only maybe really really really skinny that's closer to a 48?

Will PM you guys.
post #83164 of 124407

McRibb, that PRL tweed toggle coat looks really cool.

post #83165 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

Looks like a trip you should repeat on a regular basis

The shirts and one BB jacket came from the other city I visited.... I don't think Org would appreciate it if I started making that a habit. :embar: 

 

Also picked up Orvis and Barbour moleskin trousers on my return pass through the 'Nati this afternoon.  Pretty solid weekend for southwest Ohio/Kentucky thrifting.

post #83166 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL3212 View Post
 

McRibb, that PRL tweed toggle coat looks really cool.

+1. More pics / size if available?

post #83167 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Some recent accessories....





















 

I think those are probably not genuine cashmere. Do they have glued on labels? I thrifted one with the same Britain flag tag (glued on) and did a burn test on a small snippet- the smell and end product were not of a natural fiber such as wool or cotton but of a synthentic (acrylic?)

post #83168 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post

I think those are probably not genuine cashmere. Do they have glued on labels? I thrifted one with the same Britain flag tag (glued on) and did a burn test on a small snippet- the smell and end product were not of a natural fiber such as wool or cotton but of a synthentic (acrylic?)

Shit, is this a thing? Worst case is I have some nice ones for me.
post #83169 of 124407
Some recent clothing....

AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark

AppleMark



AppleMark

AppleMark


AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark


AppleMark

AppleMark
AppleMark


AppleMark
post #83170 of 124407

Some good fall color cords. BB and Canali. (canali is deep burgundy)

Navy Aqua 5 made in England, for me. Great shape, just the leather on the buckles has completely corroded off from rust underneath. Going to see if someone local can redo.

 

First Barbour jacket find, Liddesdale. Really minty. n/a

 

 

One of those lizard/sterling RL belts.

 

NIB cedar shoe trees.

 

These PRL fishing vests look to do ok. Haven't seen them in teal. We'll see.

Couple vtg Pendletons (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Sport Coats (Click to show)

 

Think I put this back twice, but the glorious hideousness won out. Slubby silk in pink sherbert. Available if you can rock it. About 42R I think.

Cool vtg cashmere with horn buttons.

Hugo Boss Selection

Burberry London

 

 

Also snagged a very nice Herno wool jacket for the wife and a nwot Brooks Brothers skirt suit for about $9 that fits her great. Despite the skirt, it was still placed in the mens section. Hey, probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

post #83171 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

haha come right on over!

The number of pairs of shoes I find (I'm lucky to find 1 decent pair per month) affords me the luxury of spending 20 minutes of cleaning on a single pair.
post #83172 of 124407
This , I'm assuming, was a sales sample. It is about 10" by 13", appears to be faced on a piece of calfskin and bound on all sides with leather. For 50 cents, how do you pass on a nice piece of what appears to be croc belly skin. It should be at least enough to turn into a very nice wallet.

ABD09FF4-BB7E-40F9-B061-A2AE9D28D14C-15217-00000C974C000BB4_zpsdac9d3da.jpg
post #83173 of 124407
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post

This , I'm assuming, was a sales sample. It is about 10" by 13", appears to be faced on a piece of calfskin and bound on all sides with leather. For 50 cents, how do you pass on a nice piece of what appears to be croc belly skin. It should be at least enough to turn into a very nice wallet.

ABD09FF4-BB7E-40F9-B061-A2AE9D28D14C-15217-00000C974C000BB4_zpsdac9d3da.jpg

Ammo bag.
post #83174 of 124407
Mezlan Mario Ostrich 12 Available





post #83175 of 124407
On mobile so it's hard to catch up here. But I did stop by Saks Off 5th - Samuelson shirts originally tagged $225 were $19 after all the discounts I could muster. Bought all of them (which wasn't many). Nutty sale.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread