Not only are they signed, but all of these have a little pocket on the inside of the placket at the bottom that holds an extra set of Robert Talbott collar stays. Crazy cool little details.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 4/27/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/26/16 at 4:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5542post #83116 of 13872810/26/13 at 8:56pmpost #83117 of 13872810/26/13 at 9:02pm
Thrift store finds:
4 NWT Hickey Freeman wool flannel trousers
Canali,EZ,Charvet,Hermes, Trafalgar belt
Luciano Barbera corduroy pant
Polo Italy trouser
Unworn 1960's Vietnam Macshore BDU
Gieves & Hawkes sport coat
like-new vintage Starter jacket
new Robert Talbott vineyards cycling bib
RGpost #83118 of 13872810/26/13 at 9:04pmpost #83119 of 13872810/26/13 at 9:07pmpost #83120 of 13872810/26/13 at 9:36pmpost #83121 of 13872810/26/13 at 9:54pmpost #83122 of 13872810/26/13 at 9:58pm
A few more finds from this week. I've got a couple more to take pictures of tomorrow.Zegna (by Incotex, right?) (Click to show)post #83123 of 13872810/26/13 at 10:05pm
I Just want to say a big heartfelt thanks to all the members who pm'd me with positive messages, and convinced me to stay. it won't be forgotten.
and those expecting (or not expecting) parcels should receive them very soon.
i'm here imagining members doing music video lip syncs while watching youtube. =awesome. "styleforum does it like nobody does"
you guys (and girls?) give me a little happiness everyday.
again, thanks all.
38Rpost #83124 of 13872810/26/13 at 10:23pmpost #83125 of 13872810/26/13 at 10:55pmpost #83126 of 13872810/27/13 at 12:09amHad quite a good day today.
First offf, some shoes. I rarely find any shoes of note, and here were two brands you just don't see in Oz.
Brooks Brothers tassel loafer, size US11.5E. Pretty sure these are by Alden
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tassel loafers from Dexter, size not marked but I suspect the same as the Brooks. Never heard of this US brand before, but they seem well made and in good nick.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Three BD shirts, all 17.5. L-R Crombie, Ike Behar and Mastai Ferretti (I believe that MF are made by Truzzi). I'm betting these are from the same guy that donated the shoes.
H&K shirt, size 15.5
Found these enamelled thistle cufflinks in an antique shop. Not exactly op shop prices, but well within my limits for a vintage piece.
Also in an antique shop, and not at all an op shop price, but I thought I'd share this with you guys. Near full 1940s bottle of Jean Patou L'Heure Attendue, in its original box. Almost unattainable these days, even in its 80s reformulation.post #83127 of 13872810/27/13 at 12:36amQuote:Originally Posted by mainy
Levi's update: Buyer actually paid for them. $1400. Was for sure it was a bullshit nonpaying bidder. Officially my all time greatest find and you thrift thread OG's know I've had some good hauls. Bananaaaaaaaaaaas. I don't even really thrift anymore, but Kansas City: I still run thisQuote:Originally Posted by cpmac7
The Hermes from yesterday:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bad ass!!!!!!!!!!post #83128 of 13872810/27/13 at 12:47ampost #83129 of 13872810/27/13 at 12:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Yorker
It seems like most people here are going to stores that are generally priced lower than where I am. Any sport coats at GW or similar start at 9 bucks at least, where at VV they're 10-20. The only places where they're $5 is at volunteer community thrift stores, but then I see someone posting about spending $1.90 on a SC, is the PNW generally higher priced for thrift stores? I'm curious how much everyone pays on average for specific items.
TLDR: How much do you guys usually pay for sport coats?
As somebody who recently moved from Oregon, Portland has some crazy high prices at some locations. Not uncommon to see suits marked $50 and up, and at a certain location downtown $100+ ain't nothin' but a thing. Of course there is a still a lot to be had a "regular" thrift prices. Cucinelli and Isaia will fly under the radar while Zegna will be sky high. It all depends.post #83130 of 13872810/27/13 at 1:00amQuote:
Do it! You have 11 more days to decided but once they are gone they might not make a come back until at a later time. I was waiting for the Super Heavy Slubs to make a return but decided to jump on these for now...I think these will be my last pair of Gustin. These will be my 3rd pair. I'm super stoked on the Rainbow Nep, too! I'm gonna step up my game and get a pair of Iron Heart, 21 oz or get that 28 oz. Studio D!!! Oh man, it's gonna suck to break those in!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › Classic Burberry Prorsum trench, size 46 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts