or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5539

post #83071 of 115845

my attempt at a master post of stuff I have just taken quick snapshots of and aren't sold or traded away yet

ALL AVAILABLE

 

wool cargos with leather ankle straps I remember a pair of these being posted a long time ago and people freaking out so I picked them up

32 waist 13 rise 31 inseam 8 leg opening

 

ī

only markings (Click to show)

 

my personal favorite find of ever, double patch pockets, 3/2 dual vented, thick mop buttons, pick stitching everywhere 1/4 lined

19 shoulder 21 ptp 30 boc

 

STAPLE AS FUCK

 

 

 

DAT OPEN WEAVE (Click to show)

 

 

GUCCI 10% cashmere 90% wool tuape/tan color side tabs button front pockets

36 waist 35 inseam with 2in underneath the hem so you have plenty of material to put cuffs on

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

WW2 era naval deck jacket/parka/smock

20 shoulder 25.5 sleeve 28 length

 

another zegna, 3/2 fully lined half canvassed wool and cashmere nice plaid

19.5 shoulder 22 ptp 30.5 length

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

one piece collar barbera

21 shoulder 26 sleeve 26 ptp

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

d&g

19 shoulder, 28 sleeve, 21ptp

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

prada 18 shoulder 26 sleeve 20 ptp

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

ralph lauren black label cashmere cardigan with horn buttons

18 shoulder 25 sleeve

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

orange cashmere vest/gilet by barneys new York 100% cashmere smoked mop buttons

17 shoulders 22 ptp

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

anything I don't get a message on (and I don't expect many I mean these pictures are god awful) is going to spoo on Monday so pm me if you have any inkling you might want one of these

post #83072 of 115845

It seems like most people here are going to stores that are generally priced lower than where I am. Any sport coats at GW or similar start at 9 bucks at least, where at VV they're 10-20. The only places where they're $5 is at volunteer community thrift stores, but then I see someone posting about spending $1.90 on a SC, is the PNW generally higher priced for thrift stores? I'm curious how much everyone pays on average for specific items. 

 

TLDR: How much do you guys usually pay for sport coats?

post #83073 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

So I needed a last minute Halloween costume and obviously I thrift a lot, so easy choice was to pick my most flamboyant shit and call it Craig Sager.  Good game.

Not sure if this helps you but I have this FLAMBOYANT Paul Smith
EBAY TALK (Click to show)
on ebay right now.

post #83074 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post


Not sure if this helps you but I have this FLAMBOYANT Paul Smith EBAY TALK (Click to show)
on ebay right now.

 

that would be excellent, if you could get it here in about 2.5 hours

post #83075 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorker View Post
 

It seems like most people here are going to stores that are generally priced lower than where I am. Any sport coats at GW or similar start at 9 bucks at least, where at VV they're 10-20. The only places where they're $5 is at volunteer community thrift stores, but then I see someone posting about spending $1.90 on a SC, is the PNW generally higher priced for thrift stores? I'm curious how much everyone pays on average for specific items. 

 

TLDR: How much do you guys usually pay for sport coats?

Your experience is similar to mine (I'm in Austin). Sport coats start at $9.99. We also have GW Boutiques here where SCs may be as much as $19.99. Haven't seen a suit for more than $49.99, but that was a nice flannel vintage Polo in great shape, however I also got an HF, recent, for 24.99. but yes, I'm always astounded when I hear someone on here say they got a SC for like 3 bucks. Never seen any coat in my town for less than $10.

post #83076 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

that would be excellent, if you could get it here in about 2.5 hours

Do they have that shipping option? Hell I ll just deliver it my self satisfied.gif
post #83077 of 115845
post #83078 of 115845
Two outdoors labels I've never thrifted before. Neither are my size, but both are windproof. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #83079 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorker View Post

It seems like most people here are going to stores that are generally priced lower than where I am.

Prices here in the Minneapolis area are about the same. Sportcoats/blazers base price is $8.99. Suits are $8.99 for the jacket, $5.99 for the pants. Shirts are $6.99 and ties are $3.99. The thing that sucks is everything is individually tagged which makes it easier to mark up anything and everything. I like how SoCal Goodwills are set up with mostly flat prices and little colored plastic tags.

I'm sure the jacket Easy got was either on a steep discount day or at a small local shop. Can't see anything being that cheap anywhere really these days unless it's on a day before that color tag stuff gets pulled to be bailed up or something.
post #83080 of 115845

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COULD SOMEONE PLEASE THRIFT ME A PAIR OF TAN OR BROWN PENNY LOAFERS SIZE 11.5 OR 12

PLEASE I CANNOT FIND A SINGLE PAIR

post #83081 of 115845
I routinely pay over and around 20 for jackets on average. If lucky, half price day.


Btw looking for a waxed Barbour preferably women 8 or better 10, would be men's 38-40
post #83082 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Prices here in the Minneapolis area are about the same. Sportcoats/blazers base price is $8.99. Suits are $8.99 for the jacket, $5.99 for the pants. Shirts are $6.99 and ties are $3.99. The thing that sucks is everything is individually tagged which makes it easier to mark up anything and everything. I like how SoCal Goodwills are set up with mostly flat prices and little colored plastic tags.

I'm sure the jacket Easy got was either on a steep discount day or at a small local shop. Can't see anything being that cheap anywhere really these days unless it's on a day before that color tag stuff gets pulled to be bailed up or something.

Where do they have those fill up a bag and pay a set price sales? I have only heard of them and never seen one. Urban Myth
post #83083 of 115845
Ian: The wool pants are Swedish military (three crowns). Model name is M/39. They are about the warmest pants ever and I quite like them. We can get them for about 15-20 bucks from military surplus, since they were made to survive just about anything (and we really don't have moths).

http://www.rodastjarnan.com/klader/vadmalsbyxa-m/39-58-small-10070
post #83084 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post

Where do they have those fill up a bag and pay a set price sales? I have only heard of them and never seen one. Urban Myth

There is one close to me. It's $8/kg. I can't recall every finding anything good there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

Your experience is similar to mine (I'm in Austin). Sport coats start at $9.99. We also have GW Boutiques here where SCs may be as much as $19.99. Haven't seen a suit for more than $49.99, but that was a nice flannel vintage Polo in great shape, however I also got an HF, recent, for 24.99. but yes, I'm always astounded when I hear someone on here say they got a SC for like 3 bucks. Never seen any coat in my town for less than $10.

You guys are lucky. Here in Sydney many of my local spots have shirts starting at $15 & suits at $100+. Highest price i've seen for a suit has been $399 for an old old Armani.
post #83085 of 115845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Prices here in the Minneapolis area are about the same. Sportcoats/blazers base price is $8.99. Suits are $8.99 for the jacket, $5.99 for the pants. Shirts are $6.99 and ties are $3.99. The thing that sucks is everything is individually tagged which makes it easier to mark up anything and everything. I like how SoCal Goodwills are set up with mostly flat prices and little colored plastic tags.

I'm sure the jacket Easy got was either on a steep discount day or at a small local shop. Can't see anything being that cheap anywhere really these days unless it's on a day before that color tag stuff gets pulled to be bailed up or something.

Yeah, this is basically exactly the price scale here (tho 3 for ties). And I hate the places that are like 50+% individually priced items.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread