or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5512

post #82666 of 113047
Man this is like my nightmare, especially when dealing with higher value items. Sorryan, hopefully eBay won't screw you.
post #82667 of 113047
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Thanks. I'm so fucking pissed right now. In all my years as a member of the ebay community, I've never had someone purposely destroy something just to get a refund. But what really upsets me is paypal holding my money for 21 days. Can they legally do that? It totally fucks with my system of buying and selling.

Half of the people I've talked to via eBay customer service weren't the savviest people in the world, to put it politely. The fact that you had pictures to back up your story and they sided with him is absolutely absurd. I would say that paypal holding any portion of your money beyond what those bags were sold for is questionable, at best, although I'm sure they're very well protected legally.
post #82668 of 113047
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Half of the people I've talked to via eBay customer service weren't the savviest people in the world, to put it politely. The fact that you had pictures to back up your story and they sided with him is absolutely absurd. I would say that paypal holding any portion of your money beyond what those bags were sold for is questionable, at best, although I'm sure they're very well protected legally.

The money for the bags was refunded long ago. It's just since my powerseller status was revoked yesterday that they started holding my money.... on all my sales. They say payments that were made yesterday should be available by Nov 9. Are you fucking kidding me? ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif
post #82669 of 113047
That sucks eazy
In other news I passed on a bunch of different savile row house licensed rtw stuff, ancient and ugly cdg zip polo, and also these...
But I figure someone might want a proxy if so pm me ASAP

Unvented and could make a killer alternative tux jacket about a 42-44 short with 19-20 shoulder super short sleeves maybe like 24 and around a 30 or less boc also large pit to pit measurment a Hong Kong tailor label 14 micron fabric label as says Marzoni on top tag
And then this old school super 60s blazer 1/4 lined taped seams super low dual vents really open weave green wool tweedish fleck fabric about a 40 on the longish side and slim
post #82670 of 113047
Any of the GTA peeps get to this?

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/gms/4131057485.html

I've heard it's fairly picked over by now but it looks like they had lots of stuff.
post #82671 of 113047
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Thanks. I'm so fucking pissed right now. In all my years as a member of the ebay community, I've never had someone purposely destroy something just to get a refund. But what really upsets me is paypal holding my money for 21 days. Can they legally do that? It totally fucks with my system of buying and selling.

What, an issue with eBay/PayPal?

There is absolutely, positively nothing you can do about it, and they don't give a shit about being fair. They put my funds on hold after someone complained about shipping charges that were fully disclosed in the listing. So I switched to my wife's account, and they put her funds on hold (apparently because she hadn't sold enough stuff, whatever that means).

Really, it's not your money, it belongs to PayPal, All you can do is add the motherfucker to the Black List, move on and remember: It is always, always better, if you can, to sell stuff outside eBay, even if you don't get as much. You can't put a price on aggravation like this.
post #82672 of 113047
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post


What, an issue with eBay/PayPal?

There is absolutely, positively nothing you can do about it, and they don't give a shit about being fair. They put my funds on hold after someone complained about shipping charges that were fully disclosed in the listing.

 

That's the main problem I run into. So many dumb questions from idiots because they just don't read the description. It scares me on some of the higher end stuff. I kind of expect that if you're spending that kind of money on an item on eBay then you would want to read through the whole listing.

post #82673 of 113047
post #82674 of 113047
Thank god I went to another store u deserve popcorns for this, think grail vintage military, Gucci, the most staple blazer ever, silk, and crazy low prices
post #82675 of 113047

Gucci camel hair trousers with side tabs and button pockets a week old so $1
Insane wool cargo pants with side tabs and cool leather bottom fasteners
Zenga double patch pocket dual vent travel blazer with mop buttons 3/2 gutted it doesn't fit me
55% silk Burberry blazer
Measurements and size and good pictures later like tomorrow
post #82676 of 113047

Couple fits over couple days...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

crotch shot.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #82677 of 113047
Liking that tie
post #82678 of 113047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

Nah Oakland metro
I didn't realize there were so many punk fans in the thread
I like being in Berkeley because it seems like everyone is into punk, just the other day when I was thrifting with booksandtweed both of us looking preppy as hell and met up with some crusty ass street punks who liked my social distortion patch and tried to buy my American opticals off me

Seeing you guys talking about NA on here was wild for me. Haha. I'm in the Detroit area and I was in a nationally touring hardcore band up until a couple years ago.
post #82679 of 113047
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkmason View Post

Seeing you guys talking about NA on here was wild for me. Haha. I'm in the Detroit area and I was in a nationally touring hardcore band up until a couple years ago.
No shit
The vass finder whose handle I can't remember was in a hardcore band that is pretty big now too
post #82680 of 113047

Definitely surprised how many punk/HC fans there are in here... Spotted a Hatred Surge profile pic awhile back I think, can't remember who at the moment.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread