or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5511

post #82651 of 109251

actually the nicest 4 sport coats that I have ever thrifted.

post #82652 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Sure....but I will have to continue after dinner....

 

But first. Drunken thrift fit. I don't care what you think, my wife loves it....and that's all that matters tonight.

 

Blackwatch Dinner jacket...thrifted

Fila T-shirt....purchased on deep discount form Kohls

Brooks Brothers Chinos...Thrifted

Belt....thrifted.

Bostonian Saddle shoes.....thrifted.

 

Gotta go...time to fire up the '68 (see avatar)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Wes, what do you have in your pocket?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcubzzz View Post

I've seen a few roaches, a few piss stains in canali pants, a fresh lougie on the sleeve of a jacket.

 

Damn sir, you got me beat. All I've really seen was a big ass spider in the pants section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


I once saw a man walk along a row of shirts, pick one out and exclaim "Wow, Merona!". He then without even looking around blew his nose right in the sleeve. Literally. Right into the sleeve. He then put it back and continued into the men's section like nothing ever happened.

That mofo needs a swift kick in the balls. WTF!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

Had a bag of stuff I was going to redonate so I made the longer trip to a gw that was next to buffalo exchange to see if they would take anything. They gave me $110 bucks lol.

Picked up a pair of Oliver people and Persols they had at $15 each. And these two for a steal. Both Nwot.



Not sure if I am keeping yet. Both selvedge.

WTF! GTFO!!! PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


Sadly yes. One of the strangest things I've witnessed.

Replace with "Fuck ballest".

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post
 

 

THIS KID FORGOT TO MENTION IT IS GANT MICHAEL BASTIAN FW 2012 IF THAT IS NOT THE BEST NOOB FIRST POST EVER I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE

 

you kids don't understand anything with your "Gucci man" and your "basic god"

Throw some White Girl Mob in there...Juss say'n...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post
 


know the feeling.....:embar:

 

anyway, i got some brown pants.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

and a fit pic. :devil:


Shirt: Polo chambray

Jacket: banana Republic

Tie: Austin Reed

Vest: "A Blue one"

Pocket Square: Geoffrey Beene

Jeans: Kaminari Garage

Boots: Frye

 

NOICE!!! :slayer:

post #82653 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Drunken thrift fit...

Gotta go....


Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post



wtf uhoh.gif
post #82654 of 109251

Message from wes.....

post #82655 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post
 

Wes, what do you have in your pocket?

 

A roll of hundreds $$$

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post



wtf uhoh.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post
 

Message from wes.....

My wife drove, I was in charge of pictures.

post #82656 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

its at my favorite venue but it is also expensive I don't really pay more than 20 for concert tickets plus I am seeing negative approach and the casualties that day

Saw Negative Approach this summer and they were awesome. The Casualties however...uhoh.gif
post #82657 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethelights View Post


Saw Negative Approach this summer and they were awesome. The Casualties however...uhoh.gif

 

Negative Approach is still so great. John Brannon is a truly unhinged maniac in the best way. 

post #82658 of 109251
+1 for negative approach saw them last year in Connecticut. Ian are they playing at Gilman?
post #82659 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcubzzz View Post

+1 for negative approach saw them last year in Connecticut. Ian are they playing at Gilman?
Nah Oakland metro
I didn't realize there were so many punk fans in the thread
I like being in Berkeley because it seems like everyone is into punk, just the other day when I was thrifting with booksandtweed both of us looking preppy as hell and met up with some crusty ass street punks who liked my social distortion patch and tried to buy my American opticals off me
post #82660 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Nice, just sold one non-suede for good $

one more thumbs-up.gif

What the ACTUAL FUCK?
I come on here with the sole purpose of bragging about my greatest purchase today and eazye already posted it.  About a minute before. The exact same thing.  Same size. et al.











Different liner, but seriously, what are the odds?
This would have been someone elses big find if not for the graciousness of jgill79.  Thank you SIR!

Hahaha, oh wow! Talk about synergy! You win though, that liner makes all the difference. I actually found another one today that was even older, but all the toggles had been carelessly ripped off. censored.gif
post #82661 of 109251
So I sold those two Gurka bags awhile ago to some asshole on the bay. He sends me a message saying that he wasn't happy with his purchase and that he wants a refund. I tell him that the bags were accurately described and that they were sold "as is", which is what I put in the description along with a no return policy. Long story short, he opens up a case, after providing ebay with additional pictures, they side with him. I get the bags back, and they look like this.

This cocksucker completely destroyed the bottoms of the bags so that his pictures would reflect his claims to ebay. On top of that, his negative feedback fucked with my powerseller status and now paypal is holding all my payments for 21 days! What the fuck! I just got completely screwed by this motherfucker!

Edit: here's the picture I used in the listing, in which you can see the bottom is still intact.

post #82662 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

So I sold those two Gurka bags awhile ago to some asshole on the bay. He sends me a message saying that he wasn't happy with his purchase and that he wants a refund. I tell him that the bags were accurately described and that they were sold "as is", which is what I put in the description along with a no return policy. Long story short, he opens up a case, after providing ebay with additional pictures, they side with him. I get the bags back, and they look like this.

This cocksucker completely destroyed the bottoms of the bags so that his pictures would reflect his claims to ebay. On top of that, his negative feedback fucked with my powerseller status and now paypal is holding all my payments for 21 days! What the fuck! I just got completely screwed by this motherfucker!

Open an "Item received not as sent" (or something like that) claim. It's a sort of appeals claim that should cover your losses or at least a good portion of them.

post #82663 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Did you appeal?

I just sent them a message. cloud.gif
post #82664 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


I just sent them a message. cloud.gif

Edited...see above. This is where seller protection is supposed to kick in. Good luck.

post #82665 of 109251
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Edited...see above. This is where seller protection is supposed to kick in. Good luck.

Thanks. I'm so fucking pissed right now. In all my years as a member of the ebay community, I've never had someone purposely destroy something just to get a refund. But what really upsets me is paypal holding my money for 21 days. Can they legally do that? It totally fucks with my system of buying and selling.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread