Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5508post #82606 of 13872810/20/13 at 4:19pmpost #82607 of 13872810/20/13 at 4:26pmpost #82608 of 13872810/20/13 at 4:29pmpost #82609 of 13872810/20/13 at 5:04pmHad a bag of stuff I was going to redonate so I made the longer trip to a gw that was next to buffalo exchange to see if they would take anything. They gave me $110 bucks lol.
Picked up a pair of Oliver people and Persols they had at $15 each. And these two for a steal. Both Nwot.
Not sure if I am keeping yet. Both selvedge.post #82610 of 13872810/20/13 at 5:04pm
Prop Warehouse Liquidation at 721 Eastern Ave in Toronto today (and Mon and Tues for those of you who want the last scraps).
Queued for 45 mins to get in towards the end of the day, but almost all of the good stuff had been picked earlier.
Did manage a few more ties though (apologies for the crappy pics) and my wife picked up a raw silk Ungaro blazer ...
Paul Smithpost #82611 of 13872810/20/13 at 5:17pmQuote:
Aesthetics usually take a backseat to labels and eBay margins here these days, unfortunately, but cool-looking stuff does crop up almost daily. You have to wade through a bunch of dreck, but it's there.post #82612 of 13872810/20/13 at 5:28pmpost #82613 of 13872810/20/13 at 5:42pmpost #82614 of 13872810/20/13 at 6:09pm
Having said that I also put back 3 more Stefano Ricci ties as the internet connection was awful, and I couldn't validate if they were worth picking up based on my gut feeling and I kind of recognized the name, so they will be there in the morning for the taking. All ties were $10 each.post #82615 of 13872810/20/13 at 6:15pmQuote:
As most of you know, I proxy women's designer jeans for a friend in VA who sells them. Just last week I had to pass on a pair of True Religion in great shape other than excessive blood stains in the crotch region. They could be seen in the outside both front and back.post #82616 of 13872810/20/13 at 6:16pm
Couple of decent finds this weekend - highlights are:
NWT Dale of Norway 1994 Lillehammer edition sweater
Basically unworn older Church's boots but with some staining issues on one of the shoes so not perfect
Pretty new (I believe) Caruso blazers - 55% silk, 40% wool, 5% cashmere in some wild colors (apologies for the photos but I didn't want to get the setup out for better pics - if anyone wants to see them better I will post them later).
First is a lavender, second is a melon.
PRL Italy Linen - seems fairly recent as well...post #82617 of 13872810/20/13 at 6:18pmSince we're not scared to post thrift brags tonight. These were in the basket o' glasses at a Sally and then sat in my closet for over a year.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221298343444?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649post #82618 of 13872810/20/13 at 6:22pmpost #82619 of 13872810/20/13 at 6:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
I once saw a man walk along a row of shirts, pick one out and exclaim "Wow, Merona!". He then without even looking around blew his nose right in the sleeve. Literally. Right into the sleeve. He then put it back and continued into the men's section like nothing ever happened.
Umm is this for real?post #82620 of 13872810/20/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
That's disgusting...that a sharp businessman like yourself wouldn't realize that they would likely bring a premium on ebay!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › #BLM 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › EPLA Overdye Vintage Black BD Size Large 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...