This man sounds like a truly awesome fellow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Yesterday at 6:42 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5483post #82231 of 13872810/15/13 at 9:53ampost #82232 of 13872810/15/13 at 10:15amQuote:
I'm finding this to be true. To paraphrase Mayor Daley, go early, go often.
Case in point, last night I was by a goodwill at about 8PM. did a walk thru of shoes, ties, and a run down the suits. This morning, I had to be in the same parking lot again, and since I was there at 9:30, figured I'd walk thru again. no shoes. no ties, but one guy donated 3 harris tweed jackets, one BB Cashmere blend sports coat and a Canali jacket. Not there 12 hours before.
I grabbed all 5.
Someone just recently mentioned finding tweeds with moth holes said to hold them up to the light so before I went to pay, I held them each up to the window and discovered that one of them had 3-5 moth holes, all small.
So I left with the other 4.
Again, this forum continues to pay dividends.post #82233 of 13872810/15/13 at 10:29amQuote:
You're welcome! It was the least we could do.
Now, if I could only figure out how to do a round of homemade cinnamon buns for the forum, I'd probably have some decent trade fodder!
PS tell your wife I'll be sending her the secret recipe.post #82234 of 13872810/15/13 at 10:32ampost #82235 of 13872810/15/13 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by stevenkmason
I'm in the field now. If anyone wants these minty AE Bridgetons in 12 D I'll get them. Otherwise they're too small for me. They'll be sitting in my cart until I leave. PM me in the next 15-20 minutes if you want them. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nobody here should be buying those to wear. Wingtip kiltie tassel loafers = the trifecta of ugly.Quote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Anyone seen this version of Brooks Brothers buttons before? Found these on an oooold undated custom suit. No other markings on the suit that would indicate BB, buttons were likely added.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Never seen them before, but those are neat!post #82236 of 13872810/15/13 at 10:55ampost #82237 of 13872810/15/13 at 11:14ampost #82238 of 13872810/15/13 at 1:04pm
Hi all, just checking in here. I have been super busy and SF just drifted out of my consciousness for a few months until fall compelled me to break out some tweed. Any quick highlights since mid-August? Oh, and my deepest apologies to any unseen and unreplied PM's that were sent during that period.
I have been thrifting pretty frequently, actually, but mostly for electronics and housewares. I will try to get photos of my highlights, but they include what I think is a pretty nice silver-trimmed Bavarian porcelain 10pc dinner set in near-mint condition (I know china is common, but not in so large a set or in such great condition), and a Technics SL-PD5 cd player. Also have photos of clothing items laying around somewhere, but will dig them out in time.
On an unrelated note, for opera-lovers in the NYC area or with Met Live telecast access -- I highly recommend seeing The Nose, by Shostakovich! One of the most visually interesting productions I've seen (though I admittedly have a taste for the modern). A rare treat.post #82239 of 13872810/15/13 at 2:13pmpost #82240 of 13872810/15/13 at 3:09pmpost #82241 of 13872810/15/13 at 3:15pmpost #82242 of 13872810/15/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I stand corrected, although I'd want to see the whole coat.Quote:
+1 those things look like they were created as part of a practical joke.Quote:Originally Posted by darkmatter7
Thrift Fit Pic
jacket: forme d'expression (thrifted)
shirt: v::room (thrifted)
pants: uniqlo x undercover (thrifted)
shoes: damir doma (thrifted)
Love the jacket (same one you rocked in a past fit pic?) but a little less sure of the cropped pants + fur-lined slipper boots. Take a full body pic!post #82243 of 13872810/15/13 at 4:45pmQuote:
It looks legit to me.post #82244 of 13872810/15/13 at 5:06pmpost #82245 of 13872810/15/13 at 5:38pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 14 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 27 minutes ago
- › Should I get a new tailor? (Bad sewing jobs? Need Advice) 33 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 08/26/2016 -- DROWN IN BROWN 46 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 52 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Tan Gabardine Flat Front Pants, Spring/Summer Weight Wool,... 52 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 54 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 57 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding