Have not - interesting looking from here. Gonna harvest, swap out, or leave as-is?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5482post #82216 of 13872810/14/13 at 9:08pmpost #82217 of 13872810/14/13 at 9:13pmpost #82218 of 13872810/14/13 at 9:18pmQuote:
Exactly this. Honestly not TOO crazy, but definitely low.Quote:
GRAHHH! Congrats! The Barba's are amazeballs, and the Bastian is obviously high quality though not my style. And all my size (neck at least). Must resist temptation... (unless you want to trade)post #82219 of 13872810/14/13 at 9:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by DeadBoy
Not the 'good' Valentino by this thread's quality/flippability standards. There are two 'good' Valentinos:
1) Recent Valentino.
2) Valentino's 'Tailoring' label, which is made by Isaia. Will be a black label with gold lettering, the word 'Tailoring' underneath and, you know, an Isaia content tag.
The dead giveaways that that's old is the 'Uomo,' the stupid V logo and just about everything else you took a pic of.
So yeah, not the good Valentino, but from the looks of it, a good jacket you'll enjoy wearing.
As mentioned above, Valentino Boutique may also be The Good. Isaia + stupid V:
(Black 2 button jacket, not my size.)post #82220 of 13872810/14/13 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
So, it's got these oak leaves on the shoulders (I went back today, rather than taking a chance 'til Wednesday). I'm a firm believer in NOT putting military insignia on clothing having done nothing to earn it but these puppies are machine stitched in place. I'm afraid there will be little holes in the fabric if I try to remove them. Thoughts?
BTW, cherry popped on Nomex apparel!
Lt. Colonel patches? Someone chime in to be sure. I have the same jacket and it would be very cool with those patches on it.
Wear it as vintage...it is 30+ years old.post #82221 of 13872810/14/13 at 10:19pm
Ittierre seems to be a likely candidate for making their stuff. - quick google search reveals work with Versace and other more well-known designers. Cotton feels very good. Fisheh can haz?
As promised, here's the non-e-thrifted haul. Bigass shoutout to 1ofthecoolkids for being an awesome thrifting buddy.
Inco x 5 (Zegnatex x 3) all of them are around the 32-34 range.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Inco cargos! Rivets to expand.
They're more of a slate blue IRL.
I don't always buy cargoes, but when I do...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Charvet rugby shirt- main pics seem to have been deleted :/ might be womens?
RLPL, ridiculously softWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Zegna lounge pants? That's what I think they are, anyways.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fac (cantarelli) unstructured corduroy SC, 40Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really old Zegna label still bomb doe! Patch pockets and all.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Isaia shirt!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Busted-ass ladies watch... solid 14k case :D (low-end swiss, nothing special in there, but gold is gold is gold)
Zegna shirtWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #82222 of 13872810/14/13 at 11:18pmpost #82223 of 13872810/14/13 at 11:48pm
A few thrift store finds from today's 50% off salesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #82224 of 13872810/15/13 at 3:42amQuote:
I actually found a BB Tweed SC with buttons like that....but done in leather. IIRC it found a new home fairly quickly.post #82225 of 13872810/15/13 at 4:39ampost #82226 of 13872810/15/13 at 8:19amQuick drop in for a thrift fit shout out to
FACE OF BOH
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Isaia (Only problem with this pose is it hides the ticket pocket)
Valentino (the GFT kind -- they did actually make some nice stuff, guys)
Links home made; square unknown
Banana Republic belt
Vintage Kilgour trou
Bally kid leather side zip boots
He sent me this SC knowing it was my size on total faith of a player to be named later. Now, it turned out he named a very awesome player in the form of THIS Corneliani SC.
But he simply took it on faith that I'd get his back, which I was glad to do.
Good dude.post #82227 of 13872810/15/13 at 8:55ampost #82228 of 13872810/15/13 at 9:34am
Thanks man. It looks great!
And what made the trade even more special is that, if I recall correctly, neither one of us had to do any tailoring. They were near perfect.
I'm off from work this week trying to get my house and yard ready for winter but I'll try to do a thrift fit of mine next week.post #82229 of 13872810/15/13 at 9:39ampost #82230 of 13872810/15/13 at 9:48amA very special thanks to FaceOfBoh for coming by with a care package for my family during some rough times. I did thank him personally when he came by, but I think he also deserves some public recognition for his actions.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cigars 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 17 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 24 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding