Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5476post #82126 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82127 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:10pmpost #82128 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:33pmpost #82129 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:37pmpost #82130 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:38pm
Had a few decent finds this week, not too much worth posting (RG, JPress OCBD, etc.) but a couple of shoes stood out a bit:
The first mostly just for being random... AE Nassau Sharkskin oxfords:Not gonna speak too much to the styling but these things feel like they are basically bulletproof...
Royal Tweed Church's cap toes that were barely worn and high for thrift prices but ended up getting them for me anyways because they were so mint. After trying them on again, they really are a bit too tight so to the bay they will go:
Lastly, was running down a bit on thrifting this past couple of weeks and starting to see too few new things at my typical shops so thinking about a break but decided on a whim to hit up a new GW a decent ways out of my way. Took a peek in the case (in my experiences these are usually complete busts) on my way back to the men's section and saw a nice looking pair of Chelsea boots along with some Cole Haans. Decided if I find anything else in the store I'd ask to see them while I check out.
Ended up finding a Barney's by Samuelsohn sport coat with Loro Piana fabric that I was probably gonna grab but saw the line was about 15 people deep and I was already running late so went back to leave the jacket and bounce. I couldn't shake the thought of those boots though and found an associate on my way back and asked them if they could open the case for me.
Saw this first... good sign
then...post #82131 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
Ah. I seem to remember googling Nick and Bergdorf Goodman, and Wooster came up since apparently he used to be their fashion director. The tie itself ain't bad though, and it's staple-ey enough to be useful. Looking at sold items, these may not be entirely worthless either. Some get decent money, some don't.post #82132 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:50pmpost #82133 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:50pmpost #82134 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:51pmpost #82135 of 13872810/13/13 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by R01gt
Obviously couldn't get in the line soon enough.
Congrats on the Lobbs!
I ran across a pair of those Church's/Royal Tweed last week, unfortunately not in my size, and more unfortunately beat to hell so I had to leave them.post #82136 of 13872810/13/13 at 7:07pm
Pretty insane finds lately. Lobbs, Vicuna, those Isaia suits, Vass....
Only a few minor things recently..
Irish Aran Sweater.
Faconnable by Cantarelli for myself. Linen and Cotton blend.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
J Crew chinos with marlins (?) 30 x 30.
First T&A. Getting the treatment right now..
Also first pair of Incotex in my size. Cotton/linen. "Chinolino"
Edited by JL3212 - 10/13/13 at 7:35pmpost #82137 of 13872810/13/13 at 7:10pmpost #82138 of 13872810/13/13 at 7:13pmI've been sitting here watching all this craziness for the last couple of days. I have been on the fence about jumping in and just saying well done. Finally yesterday I said to myself "if someone finds a pair of Lobbs tomorrow I'll go ahead and comment", not expecting it to happen. But congratulations, thrift thread, you blew my mind. WELL FREAKING DONE!!!! "Killing it" doesn't even BEGIN to describe it. I want to thrift sooooo bad right now. No joy though. However, I am interviewing for a job at Brooks Brothers tomorrow, so that should be interesting. Anyway, happy Columbus Day, and keep up the incredible work fellow thrift-gents.post #82139 of 13872810/13/13 at 7:21pmpost #82140 of 13872810/13/13 at 7:51pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Shirt fit on suit when leaving collar unbuttoned 20 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 25 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...