Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/18/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5433post #81481 of 13872810/5/13 at 3:34pmpost #81482 of 13872810/5/13 at 3:39pmpost #81483 of 13872810/5/13 at 3:54pmpost #81484 of 13872810/5/13 at 4:43pmPass on C.P Company unless it's for your personal wardrobe. C.P. Company used to be great but now it seems you can't even give the stuff away. I vowed never to buy a piece again to flip after I relisted a pair of really nice pants 3 times and they never sold for the opening bid of $4.99. Wonder what happened. Retail is still up there.
Harvitz81 - Score on the 3sixteens! Always look through the denim section!post #81485 of 13872810/5/13 at 4:50pm
So, I bought some ties.
Popped my Brioni cherry, I think, anyway, can someone confirm this?
Anyway, Zegna, Tyrwhitt, Brioni.Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, another question, this may belong in the labels thread, but here goes, whats the deal with the Ralph Lauren label thats blue with red diagonal stripes? I can't find anything but I figured you guys would know. Thanks.post #81486 of 13872810/5/13 at 4:59pmpost #81487 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Pass on C.P Company unless it's for your personal wardrobe. C.P. Company used to be great but now it seems you can't even give the stuff away. I vowed never to buy a piece again to flip after I relisted a pair of really nice pants 3 times and they never sold for the opening bid of $4.99. Wonder what happened. Retail is still up there.
Harvitz81 - Score on the 3sixteens! Always look through the denim section!
Yeah that CP company trench I picked up was a bad auction.
+1 on the 3sixteens, those are some great jeanspost #81488 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:27pm
Couldn't figure out what KNITES was. So Bi-color knits - got it, sounds cool, have never seen IRL. Nor have I found a Drakes yet, still on my ever dwindling list of gotta-finds. - So, good stuff!
I don't think we can call flat front Zanellas unicorns anymore, I just photographed my backlog, and out of the 11pr, 5 of them were FF, so I have a small herd of Unicorns :)
About Zanellas, they're really nice freaking pants, nothing I would pay $245 for, but probably the nicest dress pants I've ever handled. If the waistband weren't so easy to spot, I could probably find them by feel.post #81489 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:32pmpost #81490 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:34pmpost #81491 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Second, thanks to Gmmcl and Wes for an awesome time last night at dinner. We laughed, we ate, we talked thrifting while enjoying a few drinks and some good food.
Also, Wes was a pro in the Ferrari. Screaming down the Midtown Tunnel at 7000 rpms and 80 mph, he didnt even flinch. Though, when we crossed the 100mph mark at the tunnel exit, I did see a slight shudder.
It was a great weekend! Spent the afternoon with GMMcL in CT. Awesome guy, took me to some cool spots. Loved the Shake Shack.
Traffic was horrible pretty much everywhere. I don't know how you city slickers put up with that every day.
Wound up at the incorrect hotel, just at the time I needed to be at the right one. Arrived at the correct hotel about the time I wanted to leave for dinner. I have never showered and dressed so quickly.
The front desk called me a taxi....or so I thought. Up drives a sweet luxury town car from a private company. "15th and 10th" I said.
When we arrived at 58th and 10th about 15 minutes til dinner time, I realized that the language barrier may have been a problem.
Somehow, possibly magically, the lights for 43 blocks turned green and the sea of yellow cabs parted down the center like Moses and the Red Sea. We arrived at the correct address in about 5 minutes. The driver was tipped generously for his extra effort.
The restaurant, Del Posto was amazing. I felt like I was walking into one of the rooms of Gatsby's great rooms.
Pics of the place here....
There was a mysterious man at the bar with his back to the door. Luckily I knew his real name....I would have felt silly asking the maitre d' for a gentleman named "Spoo".
GMMcL was not far behind me.
The three of us sat and talked like we were long lost friends.
We dined on delicacies like
ORECCHIETTE with Lamb Neck Ragu, Orange Carrots & Toasted Rye
Ricotta & Egg Yolk GNUDI with Shaved AsparagusBird’s Nest Style
LOBSTER Salad Oreganata Chilled Tomato & Summer Squash Ragù
Charred OCTOPUS with Umbrian Garbanzo, Celery Hearts & 25 yr Aceto Tradizionale
Apician Spiced DUCK Breast with Braised Endive, Hazelnuts & Black Mission Figs
Burnt BEEF with Charred Spring Onions, Parmigiano Zeppole & Tomato Raisins
The ride into town was nice, 10 time nicer than a regular cab ride, but the ride back to the hotel, was 10 times nicer than that. Of course I handled it like a champ, I ride like that all the time in my Altima. The slight shudder you saw was probably the damn pot holes.
Hell of a time fellas. Hope to do it again before long.post #81492 of 13872810/5/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
The following were "stolen", with permission, from Brianpore's territory on the way home today. My single best shoe find to date. These should find themselves rested comfortably on Ferrari pedals some time mid week.post #81493 of 13872810/5/13 at 6:05pmpost #81494 of 13872810/5/13 at 6:26pmpost #81495 of 13872810/5/13 at 6:32pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 58 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Cleverley appreciation thread 15 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding