Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5433post #81481 of 13872810/5/13 at 3:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81482 of 13872810/5/13 at 3:39pmpost #81483 of 13872810/5/13 at 3:54pmpost #81484 of 13872810/5/13 at 4:43pmPass on C.P Company unless it's for your personal wardrobe. C.P. Company used to be great but now it seems you can't even give the stuff away. I vowed never to buy a piece again to flip after I relisted a pair of really nice pants 3 times and they never sold for the opening bid of $4.99. Wonder what happened. Retail is still up there.
Harvitz81 - Score on the 3sixteens! Always look through the denim section!post #81485 of 13872810/5/13 at 4:50pm
So, I bought some ties.
Popped my Brioni cherry, I think, anyway, can someone confirm this?
Anyway, Zegna, Tyrwhitt, Brioni.Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, another question, this may belong in the labels thread, but here goes, whats the deal with the Ralph Lauren label thats blue with red diagonal stripes? I can't find anything but I figured you guys would know. Thanks.post #81486 of 13872810/5/13 at 4:59pmpost #81487 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Pass on C.P Company unless it's for your personal wardrobe. C.P. Company used to be great but now it seems you can't even give the stuff away. I vowed never to buy a piece again to flip after I relisted a pair of really nice pants 3 times and they never sold for the opening bid of $4.99. Wonder what happened. Retail is still up there.
Harvitz81 - Score on the 3sixteens! Always look through the denim section!
Yeah that CP company trench I picked up was a bad auction.
+1 on the 3sixteens, those are some great jeanspost #81488 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:27pm
Couldn't figure out what KNITES was. So Bi-color knits - got it, sounds cool, have never seen IRL. Nor have I found a Drakes yet, still on my ever dwindling list of gotta-finds. - So, good stuff!
I don't think we can call flat front Zanellas unicorns anymore, I just photographed my backlog, and out of the 11pr, 5 of them were FF, so I have a small herd of Unicorns :)
About Zanellas, they're really nice freaking pants, nothing I would pay $245 for, but probably the nicest dress pants I've ever handled. If the waistband weren't so easy to spot, I could probably find them by feel.post #81489 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:32pmpost #81490 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:34pmpost #81491 of 13872810/5/13 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Second, thanks to Gmmcl and Wes for an awesome time last night at dinner. We laughed, we ate, we talked thrifting while enjoying a few drinks and some good food.
Also, Wes was a pro in the Ferrari. Screaming down the Midtown Tunnel at 7000 rpms and 80 mph, he didnt even flinch. Though, when we crossed the 100mph mark at the tunnel exit, I did see a slight shudder.
It was a great weekend! Spent the afternoon with GMMcL in CT. Awesome guy, took me to some cool spots. Loved the Shake Shack.
Traffic was horrible pretty much everywhere. I don't know how you city slickers put up with that every day.
Wound up at the incorrect hotel, just at the time I needed to be at the right one. Arrived at the correct hotel about the time I wanted to leave for dinner. I have never showered and dressed so quickly.
The front desk called me a taxi....or so I thought. Up drives a sweet luxury town car from a private company. "15th and 10th" I said.
When we arrived at 58th and 10th about 15 minutes til dinner time, I realized that the language barrier may have been a problem.
Somehow, possibly magically, the lights for 43 blocks turned green and the sea of yellow cabs parted down the center like Moses and the Red Sea. We arrived at the correct address in about 5 minutes. The driver was tipped generously for his extra effort.
The restaurant, Del Posto was amazing. I felt like I was walking into one of the rooms of Gatsby's great rooms.
Pics of the place here....
There was a mysterious man at the bar with his back to the door. Luckily I knew his real name....I would have felt silly asking the maitre d' for a gentleman named "Spoo".
GMMcL was not far behind me.
The three of us sat and talked like we were long lost friends.
We dined on delicacies like
ORECCHIETTE with Lamb Neck Ragu, Orange Carrots & Toasted Rye
Ricotta & Egg Yolk GNUDI with Shaved AsparagusBird’s Nest Style
LOBSTER Salad Oreganata Chilled Tomato & Summer Squash Ragù
Charred OCTOPUS with Umbrian Garbanzo, Celery Hearts & 25 yr Aceto Tradizionale
Apician Spiced DUCK Breast with Braised Endive, Hazelnuts & Black Mission Figs
Burnt BEEF with Charred Spring Onions, Parmigiano Zeppole & Tomato Raisins
The ride into town was nice, 10 time nicer than a regular cab ride, but the ride back to the hotel, was 10 times nicer than that. Of course I handled it like a champ, I ride like that all the time in my Altima. The slight shudder you saw was probably the damn pot holes.
Hell of a time fellas. Hope to do it again before long.post #81492 of 13872810/5/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
The following were "stolen", with permission, from Brianpore's territory on the way home today. My single best shoe find to date. These should find themselves rested comfortably on Ferrari pedals some time mid week.post #81493 of 13872810/5/13 at 6:05pmpost #81494 of 13872810/5/13 at 6:26pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 1 minute ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 13 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...