or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5335

post #80011 of 112405

RLPL linen/cotton paisley shirt. 

 

AppleMark


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

Corneliani for PRL bubblegum pink cords. 

 

AppleMark


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

Bright yellow grenadine tie from a small shop in Italy called Luciano. Still around, selling gloves, ties, scarves. Would love to visit. http://lucianogloves.blogspot.com/

 

AppleMark


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

J. Crew lambswool fair isle scarf. 

 

AppleMark

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

 

Recent Zegna linen pants.

 

AppleMark


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

post #80012 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, I just told her what you said and she's so pissed and I can't stop laughing my ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rotflmao.gif

That is beautiful!!!

bounce2.gif

What is it?


Well. In my defense I did send you pics first, and you didn't mention that. Lol. She must be pissed at you.
post #80013 of 112405
Taking our dog to Baltimore right now to have her eye removed and replaced with a prosthetic. Would appreciate some prayer for my wife who is on the verge of a meltdown.
post #80014 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

This is apparently what happens when you spend $400 at thrifts on Friday morning, head out to play golf with your 3 best friends at 11AM,  get hammered by Noon, and black out by 4PM.

 

I'm in the blue shirt.....and I have no recollection of this ever happening.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Such a cool pic, I want to hear more about this day!

 

Maybe bad timing with this post, good luck with your dog

post #80015 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Taking our dog to Baltimore right now to have her eye removed and replaced with a prosthetic. Would appreciate some prayer for my wife who is on the verge of a meltdown.

Good luck my man! I'm sure everything will be alright, and your pup will be happy not to have a busted eye anymore. nod[1].gif

Also, huge shout out to dolfan954 for hooking me up with some seriously sick vintage hunting boots. I've never seen a pair quite like these before. They have a really neat double lacing system so you can lace the liner separately from the outer part of the boot. Really cool.
post #80016 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Taking our dog to Baltimore right now to have her eye removed and replaced with a prosthetic. Would appreciate some prayer for my wife who is on the verge of a meltdown.

 

So sorry! Wishing you all good luck.

post #80017 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post

Id say that was a good day. nod[1].gif

USE SPOILERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Glad you got a chance to get out, but speaking of my haul...here are the pieces I picked up for me
 
Centofanti bespoke suits - chalk stripe navy and grey  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



  sexy details! (Click to show)
Surgeon cuffs

  

Hand stitching ...and the selvedge of the cloth in the pockets!

  

Wow! Those are amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Taking our dog to Baltimore right now to have her eye removed and replaced with a prosthetic. Would appreciate some prayer for my wife who is on the verge of a meltdown.

Bummer, man. I prayed for her.
post #80018 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Also, huge shout out to dolfan954 for hooking me up with some seriously sick vintage hunting boots. I've never seen a pair quite like these before. They have a really neat double lacing system so you can lace the liner separately from the outer part of the boot. Really cool.

Pics?
post #80019 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Taking our dog to Baltimore right now to have her eye removed and replaced with a prosthetic. Would appreciate some prayer for my wife who is on the verge of a meltdown.

Best wishes buddy!

post #80020 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcmcklwht View Post
 

Such a cool pic, I want to hear more about this day!

 

Maybe bad timing with this post, good luck with your dog

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Good luck my man! I'm sure everything will be alright, and your pup will be happy not to have a busted eye anymore. nod[1].gif

Also, huge shout out to dolfan954 for hooking me up with some seriously sick vintage hunting boots. I've never seen a pair quite like these before. They have a really neat double lacing system so you can lace the liner separately from the outer part of the boot. Really cool.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

 

So sorry! Wishing you all good luck.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post


USE SPOILERS.
Wow! Those are amazing.
Bummer, man. I prayed for her.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Best wishes buddy!

 

Thanks my thrifting brothers. Just this second, as I was hitting the multiquote buttons, got the email from my wife. Mia is out of surgery and it went well. She is still asleep, but we may be taking her home tonight instead of tomorrow night. Ughh, I am not ready to fight that traffic twice in one day. City people are nuts to do that everyday.

post #80021 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post


Wow! Those are amazing.
 

 

I'm pretty stoked

 

 

Thrift fit x-post! (Click to show)
post #80022 of 112405


First thrift fit post. Be brutal, I can handle it. Haha.

Suit: HSM (thrifted)
Shirt: Local MTM
Shoes: Cole Haan (Nordstrom Rack)
Belt: Gap (thrifted)
Square: Izod linen (thrifted)
Tie: J. Crew Factory sale
Lapel Flower: cut it off a little girl's ponytail band I found in the toy section at a thrift.
Girlfriend: not thrifted.
post #80023 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post









Thanks my thrifting brothers. Just this second, as I was hitting the multiquote buttons, got the email from my wife. Mia is out of surgery and it went well. She is still asleep, but we may be taking her home tonight instead of tomorrow night. Ughh, I am not ready to fight that traffic twice in one day. City people are nuts to do that everyday.

Glad to hear she's doing better.
post #80024 of 112405
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkmason View Post



First thrift fit post. Be brutal, I can handle it. Haha.

Suit: HSM (thrifted)
Shirt: Local MTM
Shoes: Cole Haan (Nordstrom Rack)
Belt: Gap (thrifted)
Square: Izod linen (thrifted)
Tie: J. Crew Factory sale
Lapel Flower: cut it off a little girl's ponytail band I found in the toy section at a thrift.
Girlfriend: not thrifted.

 

It's close, but the waist on the jacket looks a bit tight and the pants are too long. Also, what color is the suit? Black? Charcoal? If so, shoes should be black. If it's navy then you're ok. Some folks around here might also take issue with all the "extras" (lapel flower, tie clip etc). At a certain point those things can make an ensemble look too busy.

post #80025 of 112405
I just thrifted my first Borrelli Napoli blazer. The content tag says 80% cam, 15% li, 5% si. Am I right in assuming that's cashmere linen silk?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread