or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5319

post #79771 of 110178
Went back and got the Altea tie. They has re-racked it but with the jackets (I had tied it around the hanger). Jackets were long gone, which is a shame, but T was the tie I really liked, so WIN.

Of course its not a slew of kit on and brioni, but...
post #79772 of 110178

Picked up a few things today.

 

J. Press shirt

 

 

 

 

 

BB "Original Polo"

 

 

 

Zegna Sport Leather Jacket- Large

 

 

 

And these Sulka ties. Can anybody tell me about this label? I picked them up because I remembered hearing on here that they're at least semi desirable.

 

post #79773 of 110178
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Went back and got the Altea tie. They has re-racked it but with the jackets (I had tied it around the hanger). Jackets were long gone, which is a shame, but T was the tie I really liked, so WIN.

Of course its not a slew of kit on and brioni, but...

Is Altea flippable? I didn't think so - I passed on 2 today. Nice, thick babies with wild patterns.
post #79774 of 110178

Just finished thrifting with my family in the Irving area.  Found a few items I will I post later.

post #79775 of 110178
I just made the purchase. Pics coming as soon as I get home.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

Kop them all. Sounds like most thrifters' dream haul.
post #79776 of 110178
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Found this RLPL jacket at the outlets for $375. It was 50% off the already discounted tagged price, plus another 50% off that price. I'm thinking retail is $3,500+ based on other coats I've seen at RL stores. Fits like a glove. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

They had a 100% cashmere Kiton suit in navy blue that was around $2500 (before tax) with the sale. Easily the nicest item I've seen at an outlet. Marked down from $7k.

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


Oh God.... drool.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionofRW View Post

Just found a slew of brioni, Kiton, sulka, Zegna, canali sport coats. They are all priced a little under 20.00. There are so many that I have to pass some up. They are all in good shape, some are 100% cashmere. I'm trying to decide if I should just buy them all. I think the color tag that they are might go on sale tomorrow. What do you guys think? Should I try to be greedy and wait or just cop??

I'd pass on Canali, Zegna and Sulka if they are unvented, dated, etc. Brioni and Kiton and are definite buys. Even if dated they will sell well. Just buy them. You will be kicking yourself if you don't.
post #79777 of 110178
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDexter2014 View Post

Just finished thrifting with my family in the Irving area.  Found a few items I will I post later.

Texas? I was in Irving earlier.
post #79778 of 110178
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionofRW View Post

Just found a slew of brioni, Kiton, sulka, Zegna, canali sport coats. They are all priced a little under 20.00. There are so many that I have to pass some up. They are all in good shape, some are 100% cashmere. I'm trying to decide if I should just buy them all. I think the color tag that they are might go on sale tomorrow. What do you guys think? Should I try to be greedy and wait or just cop??

 

Dibs on 42L!?!

post #79779 of 110178
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionofRW View Post

Just found a slew of brioni, Kiton, sulka, Zegna, canali sport coats. They are all priced a little under 20.00. There are so many that I have to pass some up. They are all in good shape, some are 100% cashmere. I'm trying to decide if I should just buy them all. I think the color tag that they are might go on sale tomorrow. What do you guys think? Should I try to be greedy and wait or just cop??

Oh and dibs 46R. Actually, 45R if any are sized as such.
post #79780 of 110178
Guys I'm about to post pics. Does anyone know how to get the spoiler function to work on iPad?
post #79781 of 110178
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionofRW View Post

Just found a slew of brioni, Kiton, sulka, Zegna, canali sport coats. They are all priced a little under 20.00. There are so many that I have to pass some up. They are all in good shape, some are 100% cashmere. I'm trying to decide if I should just buy them all. I think the color tag that they are might go on sale tomorrow. What do you guys think? Should I try to be greedy and wait or just cop??

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionofRW View Post

I just made the purchase. Pics coming as soon as I get home.

ffffuuuu.gif I knew I should have went east instead of south today.

But, besides a bunch of cool stuff Ill eventually get pics of, I found this bear of a jacket which comes close enough to fitting that I dont believe I can sell it....





I dont think its real fur, but then again, Idunno. Anyone? no content label. Its midnight blue icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #79782 of 110178

I've never seen a blue bear :nest:

post #79783 of 110178
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionofRW View Post

Guys I'm about to post pics. Does anyone know how to get the spoiler function to work on iPad?

just type it in - [ SPOILER] (pic) [ /SPOILER]
post #79784 of 110178

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post
 

Passed on hella shit today. But did find a kick ass CP Company, made in HK jacket with PINK lining and deep pockets for my boy, Troika! It fits him so well. :slayer:

 

*

 

 

I guess I should spoiler the gang sign... (Click to show)
*

 

 

 

Sidenote: do any of the former regulars still post here at all? 

post #79785 of 110178
This is a test..Trying to see if spoilers will work for me. A preview..Enrico Isaia Napoli. Tagged as a size 42 by the thrift store, inside tag says 52 (European)


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread