Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 2:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5300post #79486 of 1387289/10/13 at 10:24pmpost #79487 of 1387289/10/13 at 10:43pm
Found these shoes a month or two ago but forgot to post. Better late than never, and I've been totally striking out on finding any half-decent shoes lately.
Ferragamo, apparently owned by someone who didn't know that stores sell something called "shoe polish." They shined up nice enough with a Saphir regimen but the vamps are kind of beat. Hopefully I'll get enough wearings out of them to justify the $6.
AE Bridgeton. Decided they're just too snug for me. 10 C and available.
Now for the last week or two worth of finds...
Couple of Pendletons
Prana climbing pants (holla atcha Fueco). I don't climb anymore but these are comfy as hell, great for hiking or just bumming around.
Couple of BB shirts. Not super brag worthy but for the fact that I rarely run across my size of 15.5-34/35.
Zegna and Paul Smith
Finally a Brioni shirt in my size that's not trashed!
Santorelli Luxury Serge trou
Knits in staple colors from un-noteworthy makers.
Liberty of London (because I like it), J Crew (English silk), Hugo Boss
NWT Charles Tyrwhitt, Murray's Toggery Shop whale pattern (n/a), PRL cotton, wool blackwatch from the old Georgetown University Shop (n/a)
The third one from the left is houndstoothy silk/linen awesomeness, been looking for something like it for quite a while so that one is n/a.
Couple of Harris Tweeds in my size. Forgot to lock the camera exposure settings so the pics don't show it well, but the second one is significantly darker than the first. So in my mind, it's a totally justifiable use of closet space to keep both!
BB puppytooth SC with a blue overcheck
Marks & Spencer gun club checkWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HF gray glen plaid with blue overcheckWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
J Press mid gray
J Press navy pinstripeWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
J Press glen plaid w/ red overcheck
Southwick navy w/ light blue pinstripe, might not have to alter this one at all, n/a.
And to cap it off, a Brioni that may have never been worn after being tailored. Tag still on pants, came with spare buttons and fabric swatches. Not sure what the specific name of this fabric is, but it has herringbone type rows of alternating twill, and is a mix of green, blue and light brown. Looks kind of greenish-gray from a distance. My first thrifted Brioni, ain't spoilerin'.post #79488 of 1387289/10/13 at 10:51pmpost #79489 of 1387289/10/13 at 10:59pmpost #79490 of 1387289/11/13 at 12:11amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
And here they are. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Boggi
PRL, turns out it's made in Mexico
While trying to take the price tag off, I did this:
I would totally rock the shit out of that made in Mexico PRL if it were my size!
That is the Daks but not sure if it's any good...I usually pass on those unless it fit me like a glove.Quote:Originally Posted by jcubzzz
Vintage Brooks Brothers still "new" with tags, only $35.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HOw much did you pay for it?
What's going on? You ok?
You know what they say something about a pic is worth a blah blah blah!post #79491 of 1387289/11/13 at 12:26ampost #79492 of 1387289/11/13 at 1:03ampost #79493 of 1387289/11/13 at 1:11ampost #79494 of 1387289/11/13 at 1:23ampost #79495 of 1387289/11/13 at 4:15ampost #79496 of 1387289/11/13 at 5:05ampost #79497 of 1387289/11/13 at 5:34ampost #79498 of 1387289/11/13 at 6:06amQuote:
What's your size for those brands? I pass on them often so I might as well pick them up for a SF homie. I also seem to run across a lot of North Face shirts and pants -- are those things you'd like as well?post #79499 of 1387289/11/13 at 6:45amThis motherfucker, from ebay, three weeks after the auction ended.
Am going to keep the belt, but cannot in good conscience give you a good rating on the way the belt was described.
Clearly, the most wear to a belt is where the tongue and buckle hold the belt together; this belt shows substantial wear on two belt holes.
Any comments before I publish my rating?
Sir, I told you that up that I would refund your money from the beginning . It has now been, what, three weeks, and you say you are going to keep the belt but still give me a negative rating? It's people like you that make it frustrating that sellers can no longer leave negative feedback. I know the belt had negligible wear and the color was absolutely shown correctly in the photos listed. I also know that there are some people out there with nothing better to do than to harass other people over the internet. Sir, get a life, and next time, stick to retail.post #79500 of 1387289/11/13 at 6:46am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 14 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › BNWT Tom Ford Dress Shirt Size 15 2 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit from Savile Row London - A structured process to... 2 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding