Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5292post #79366 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79367 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:33pmpost #79368 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:42pmpost #79369 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:43pmpost #79370 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:15pmpost #79371 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:41pmI've seen people post these in the past but... Which Arny brand are you looking for? I've seen "Arny's" ties in the past (always ugly so never kopped) but today I saw a huge # of "Arnies" ties (also nice quality, most had blade damage but I snagged one). Is either desirable? Both? Neither? Purely academic, I'm happy with the one I grabbed.post #79372 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:48pmHere's what I did end up getting after passing on the 2 gucci, Hermes, and that weird E. Zegna tie.
RT, PRL, Perry Ellis (I know, I liked the pattern), PRL, PRL.
Plus a pair of no name braces, a Burberry sport coat and a Hickey Freeman orphaned suitcoat that are both at my tailor getting the arms maxed out.post #79373 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:49pmQuote:arnysOriginally Posted by staxringold
I've seen people post these in the past but... Which Arny brand are you looking for? I've seen "Arny's" ties in the past (always ugly so never kopped) but today I saw a huge # of "Arnies" ties (also nice quality, most had blade damage but I snagged one). Is either desirable? Both? Neither? Purely academic, I'm happy with the one I grabbed.
first time thrifting in a while, got a crazy jacket really crazy owned by an actor(massimo bizzocochi)! recent brioni suit 2 recent isaia suits and a recent isaia jacket and alot ties brioni, versace t&a, etc also a few shirts including a recent lorenzini that looks like a skeet blanketpost #79374 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:53pmpost #79375 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:54pmpost #79376 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:57pmpost #79377 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Not sure why this thread has so much trouble ID'ing Hermes ties. The fakes are usually very obvious (no accent mark, price embroidered on the tie). Also, I've handled real Hermes ties where the thread loop isn't showing—I wouldn't let that detail be the deciding factor.
I think its real too. On the subject of IDing Hermes, I once bought an Hermes H belt on ebay with a guarantee that its authentic, which of course I didn't trust, so I brought it to the
Hermes store in Manhattan and the manager there told me that they never have id cards with their items so its fake. Now take a look on ebay and see how many you
can find without cards.post #79378 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevenkmason
Ended up passing on all 3. Gucci's weren't super wearable for $11 and I'm not real into flipping. I would have worn the Hermes, but everyone was saying fake. Shrug. Thanks everyone for their opinions.
Well everyone, I'm done lurking. Here to post and stay.
I'm Steven. I'm in Michigan. I thrift mostly for myself and a couple friends. Just don't have time and energy to flip. Plus, Michigan isn't exactly a hotbed of flippable designer goods.
I'm a giant, so finding clothes is always tough. When you see huge stuff and wonder, "Who the hell wears this?", it's me. I'm a 44/46 XL in suits. 38x36 in pants. 17x40/41 slim in shirts. I'm 6'8" and 265 pounds. Shoes are 15, 16 or 17.
If anyone ever comes across giant stuff, I'll take it! Almost always!
Welcome, its good to know there's someone here who can handle the really big stuff.post #79379 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #79380 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:30pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 second ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 37 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › 2 weeks in Gent, Belgium 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...