Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5292post #79366 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:18pmpost #79367 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:33pmpost #79368 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:42pmpost #79369 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:43pmpost #79370 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:15pmpost #79371 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:41pmI've seen people post these in the past but... Which Arny brand are you looking for? I've seen "Arny's" ties in the past (always ugly so never kopped) but today I saw a huge # of "Arnies" ties (also nice quality, most had blade damage but I snagged one). Is either desirable? Both? Neither? Purely academic, I'm happy with the one I grabbed.post #79372 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:48pmHere's what I did end up getting after passing on the 2 gucci, Hermes, and that weird E. Zegna tie.
RT, PRL, Perry Ellis (I know, I liked the pattern), PRL, PRL.
Plus a pair of no name braces, a Burberry sport coat and a Hickey Freeman orphaned suitcoat that are both at my tailor getting the arms maxed out.post #79373 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:49pmQuote:arnysOriginally Posted by staxringold
I've seen people post these in the past but... Which Arny brand are you looking for? I've seen "Arny's" ties in the past (always ugly so never kopped) but today I saw a huge # of "Arnies" ties (also nice quality, most had blade damage but I snagged one). Is either desirable? Both? Neither? Purely academic, I'm happy with the one I grabbed.
first time thrifting in a while, got a crazy jacket really crazy owned by an actor(massimo bizzocochi)! recent brioni suit 2 recent isaia suits and a recent isaia jacket and alot ties brioni, versace t&a, etc also a few shirts including a recent lorenzini that looks like a skeet blanketpost #79374 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:53pmpost #79375 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:54pmpost #79376 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:57pmpost #79377 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Not sure why this thread has so much trouble ID'ing Hermes ties. The fakes are usually very obvious (no accent mark, price embroidered on the tie). Also, I've handled real Hermes ties where the thread loop isn't showing—I wouldn't let that detail be the deciding factor.
I think its real too. On the subject of IDing Hermes, I once bought an Hermes H belt on ebay with a guarantee that its authentic, which of course I didn't trust, so I brought it to the
Hermes store in Manhattan and the manager there told me that they never have id cards with their items so its fake. Now take a look on ebay and see how many you
can find without cards.post #79378 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevenkmason
Ended up passing on all 3. Gucci's weren't super wearable for $11 and I'm not real into flipping. I would have worn the Hermes, but everyone was saying fake. Shrug. Thanks everyone for their opinions.
Well everyone, I'm done lurking. Here to post and stay.
I'm Steven. I'm in Michigan. I thrift mostly for myself and a couple friends. Just don't have time and energy to flip. Plus, Michigan isn't exactly a hotbed of flippable designer goods.
I'm a giant, so finding clothes is always tough. When you see huge stuff and wonder, "Who the hell wears this?", it's me. I'm a 44/46 XL in suits. 38x36 in pants. 17x40/41 slim in shirts. I'm 6'8" and 265 pounds. Shoes are 15, 16 or 17.
If anyone ever comes across giant stuff, I'll take it! Almost always!
Welcome, its good to know there's someone here who can handle the really big stuff.post #79379 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #79380 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:30pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 21 seconds ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › The Frank Leder thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...