Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5292post #79366 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:18pmpost #79367 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:33pmpost #79368 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:42pmpost #79369 of 1387289/9/13 at 2:43pmpost #79370 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:15pmpost #79371 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:41pmI've seen people post these in the past but... Which Arny brand are you looking for? I've seen "Arny's" ties in the past (always ugly so never kopped) but today I saw a huge # of "Arnies" ties (also nice quality, most had blade damage but I snagged one). Is either desirable? Both? Neither? Purely academic, I'm happy with the one I grabbed.post #79372 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:48pmHere's what I did end up getting after passing on the 2 gucci, Hermes, and that weird E. Zegna tie.
RT, PRL, Perry Ellis (I know, I liked the pattern), PRL, PRL.
Plus a pair of no name braces, a Burberry sport coat and a Hickey Freeman orphaned suitcoat that are both at my tailor getting the arms maxed out.post #79373 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:49pmQuote:arnysOriginally Posted by staxringold
I've seen people post these in the past but... Which Arny brand are you looking for? I've seen "Arny's" ties in the past (always ugly so never kopped) but today I saw a huge # of "Arnies" ties (also nice quality, most had blade damage but I snagged one). Is either desirable? Both? Neither? Purely academic, I'm happy with the one I grabbed.
first time thrifting in a while, got a crazy jacket really crazy owned by an actor(massimo bizzocochi)! recent brioni suit 2 recent isaia suits and a recent isaia jacket and alot ties brioni, versace t&a, etc also a few shirts including a recent lorenzini that looks like a skeet blanketpost #79374 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:53pmpost #79375 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:54pmpost #79376 of 1387289/9/13 at 3:57pmpost #79377 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Not sure why this thread has so much trouble ID'ing Hermes ties. The fakes are usually very obvious (no accent mark, price embroidered on the tie). Also, I've handled real Hermes ties where the thread loop isn't showing—I wouldn't let that detail be the deciding factor.
I think its real too. On the subject of IDing Hermes, I once bought an Hermes H belt on ebay with a guarantee that its authentic, which of course I didn't trust, so I brought it to the
Hermes store in Manhattan and the manager there told me that they never have id cards with their items so its fake. Now take a look on ebay and see how many you
can find without cards.post #79378 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevenkmason
Ended up passing on all 3. Gucci's weren't super wearable for $11 and I'm not real into flipping. I would have worn the Hermes, but everyone was saying fake. Shrug. Thanks everyone for their opinions.
Well everyone, I'm done lurking. Here to post and stay.
I'm Steven. I'm in Michigan. I thrift mostly for myself and a couple friends. Just don't have time and energy to flip. Plus, Michigan isn't exactly a hotbed of flippable designer goods.
I'm a giant, so finding clothes is always tough. When you see huge stuff and wonder, "Who the hell wears this?", it's me. I'm a 44/46 XL in suits. 38x36 in pants. 17x40/41 slim in shirts. I'm 6'8" and 265 pounds. Shoes are 15, 16 or 17.
If anyone ever comes across giant stuff, I'll take it! Almost always!
Welcome, its good to know there's someone here who can handle the really big stuff.post #79379 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #79380 of 1387289/9/13 at 4:30pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 14 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › EFV goes to Pitti Uomo 90 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding