Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/28/15 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Yesterday
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5292
Styleforum Top Picks
RT, PRL, Perry Ellis (I know, I liked the pattern), PRL, PRL.
Plus a pair of no name braces, a Burberry sport coat and a Hickey Freeman orphaned suitcoat that are both at my tailor getting the arms maxed out.
I've seen people post these in the past but... Which Arny brand are you looking for? I've seen "Arny's" ties in the past (always ugly so never kopped) but today I saw a huge # of "Arnies" ties (also nice quality, most had blade damage but I snagged one). Is either desirable? Both? Neither? Purely academic, I'm happy with the one I grabbed.
first time thrifting in a while, got a crazy jacket really crazy owned by an actor(massimo bizzocochi)! recent brioni suit 2 recent isaia suits and a recent isaia jacket and alot ties brioni, versace t&a, etc also a few shirts including a recent lorenzini that looks like a skeet blanket
Not sure why this thread has so much trouble ID'ing Hermes ties. The fakes are usually very obvious (no accent mark, price embroidered on the tie). Also, I've handled real Hermes ties where the thread loop isn't showing—I wouldn't let that detail be the deciding factor.
I think its real too. On the subject of IDing Hermes, I once bought an Hermes H belt on ebay with a guarantee that its authentic, which of course I didn't trust, so I brought it to the
Hermes store in Manhattan and the manager there told me that they never have id cards with their items so its fake. Now take a look on ebay and see how many you
can find without cards.
Ended up passing on all 3. Gucci's weren't super wearable for $11 and I'm not real into flipping. I would have worn the Hermes, but everyone was saying fake. Shrug. Thanks everyone for their opinions.
Well everyone, I'm done lurking. Here to post and stay.
I'm Steven. I'm in Michigan. I thrift mostly for myself and a couple friends. Just don't have time and energy to flip. Plus, Michigan isn't exactly a hotbed of flippable designer goods.
I'm a giant, so finding clothes is always tough. When you see huge stuff and wonder, "Who the hell wears this?", it's me. I'm a 44/46 XL in suits. 38x36 in pants. 17x40/41 slim in shirts. I'm 6'8" and 265 pounds. Shoes are 15, 16 or 17.
If anyone ever comes across giant stuff, I'll take it! Almost always!
Welcome, its good to know there's someone here who can handle the really big stuff.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 23 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Doctor Who 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories