Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 4/27/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/26/16 at 4:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5278post #79156 of 1387289/6/13 at 2:24pmpost #79157 of 1387289/6/13 at 2:27pmpost #79158 of 1387289/6/13 at 2:33pmpost #79159 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
That's just sick. How often do you actually find shell cordovan or shoes from good brands, regardless of what size you are using? I've only been to a thrift shop a couple times, and I didn't find anything "good" than a PRL corduroy jacket and boot cut Prada jeans. I guess people in my city don't dress well.
Finding good stuff, shell or not, is completely dependent on where you live and how often you hit the racks.post #79160 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:22pmpost #79161 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:55pmpost #79162 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:56pmpost #79163 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:41pmpost #79164 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:44pm
I've stopped picking up Sammy, but I couldn't leave this one behind. Year old and Loro Piana Cashmere.
PRL 100% Linen SC (NA)
2x Beretta Techwool Hunting Sweaters
4x Current Label Zegna Ties (NA)
PRL Square (NA)
2x PRL Braces (NA)
Some e-thrifts (both for me ):
New RLBL suit (yes, there are pants). I'm currently in communication with the seller to buy 4-5 more and all 6 would cost me less than 1 suit at full retail
I find the RLBL suits with Caruso tags to have much nicer fabrics, drape and construction than the current suits. I haven't gotten a definite answer on who the maker currently is -- I've heard it's still Caruso and a SA in Dallas said it's Saint Andrews. Although I have seen the same tags in current RLPL, I find it hard to believe that St. A makes them.
Billy Reid Car Coat
Edited by LeSacre - 9/6/13 at 9:48pmpost #79165 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:49pm
A few finds from my trip to the North Bay and San Francisco today (running an errand).
Pictures were taken using the lens capnwes sent me (along with a couple of cycling jerseys I haven't tried on yet). So yes, the lens works flawlessly. Thanks, bro!
Clockwise from left:
Mavic women's road cycling shoes (9)
Scarpa approach shoes (11)
Vasque Skywalk boots (M's 5.5)
Reebok Calgary Flames Jersey (W's Medium)
Capo Forma cycling jersey (XL)
Patagonia Silkweight Capilene top (w's medium)
Shebeest Cycling jersey (W's XL)
background: 3/4 Length Ultralight Thermarest sleeping pad
RRL check shirt (XXL -NWOT)
Model Sporis Cycling jersey celebrating Tony Rominger's win at the 1992 Vuleta a Espana (XL
Aforementioned Orvis Harris Tweed with leather elbow patches (tagged 41R -must be newish because the size feels bigger to me)
I wasn't sure about this one, but at the price it was worth the gamble.
Salko Austria coat (3/4 Coat?) -80%wool, 20% alpaca -In perfect condition... (tagged 53)post #79166 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:58pmpost #79167 of 1387289/6/13 at 5:01pmQuote:
But the other 1%... hoooo boy.
Dry spell continues, so I'll post a thrift/discount fit. Pretty much the shape of thrifting for me at present.
Blazer - Robert Geller, B&S
Shirt - Club Monaco, thrift
Jeans - APC, discount
Boots - Alden, someone here can't remember who sorry!post #79168 of 1387289/6/13 at 5:37pmpost #79169 of 1387289/6/13 at 7:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by txwoodworker
Y'all want to help me ID the dead animal these here things were made from?
They're Tony Lamas, there's an "8" stamped twice on each boot inside, but they sure as hell didn't look like 8's so I put them on and they fit perfect, I'm a 10.5, am I missing something?
Special cowboy shoe sizes?
Crocodile, but not sure why the sizing is so different. I wear a 9.5 in tennis shoes and a 10 in most boots, but I haven't heard about a two and half size difference.post #79170 of 1387289/6/13 at 7:55pm
OK Folks. Today I decided to channel my inner "Wes" and buy some tweed.
This should also serve as a Trad Alert.
Vintage HSM Wool Herringbone Overcoat - Very Heavy. I'm guessing a 48L.
And from the same owner, an HSM Houndstooth, quarter-lined sports coat. I'm guessing around a 46L
An then there was this Polo University Club.
And for the Ladies out there, this faux shearling tagged "Lauren: Ralph Lauren Original Dry Goods"
And just because its my first, a nice condition Canali Dress shirt:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm eventually going to have to sell some of this stuff I'm buying.........
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 11 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 34 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 41 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 47 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts