Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/18/17 at 4:48am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5278post #79156 of 1387289/6/13 at 2:24pmpost #79157 of 1387289/6/13 at 2:27pmpost #79158 of 1387289/6/13 at 2:33pmpost #79159 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
That's just sick. How often do you actually find shell cordovan or shoes from good brands, regardless of what size you are using? I've only been to a thrift shop a couple times, and I didn't find anything "good" than a PRL corduroy jacket and boot cut Prada jeans. I guess people in my city don't dress well.
Finding good stuff, shell or not, is completely dependent on where you live and how often you hit the racks.post #79160 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:22pmpost #79161 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:55pmpost #79162 of 1387289/6/13 at 3:56pmpost #79163 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:41pmpost #79164 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:44pm
I've stopped picking up Sammy, but I couldn't leave this one behind. Year old and Loro Piana Cashmere.
PRL 100% Linen SC (NA)
2x Beretta Techwool Hunting Sweaters
4x Current Label Zegna Ties (NA)
PRL Square (NA)
2x PRL Braces (NA)
Some e-thrifts (both for me ):
New RLBL suit (yes, there are pants). I'm currently in communication with the seller to buy 4-5 more and all 6 would cost me less than 1 suit at full retail
I find the RLBL suits with Caruso tags to have much nicer fabrics, drape and construction than the current suits. I haven't gotten a definite answer on who the maker currently is -- I've heard it's still Caruso and a SA in Dallas said it's Saint Andrews. Although I have seen the same tags in current RLPL, I find it hard to believe that St. A makes them.
Billy Reid Car Coat
Edited by LeSacre - 9/6/13 at 9:48pmpost #79165 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:49pm
A few finds from my trip to the North Bay and San Francisco today (running an errand).
Pictures were taken using the lens capnwes sent me (along with a couple of cycling jerseys I haven't tried on yet). So yes, the lens works flawlessly. Thanks, bro!
Clockwise from left:
Mavic women's road cycling shoes (9)
Scarpa approach shoes (11)
Vasque Skywalk boots (M's 5.5)
Reebok Calgary Flames Jersey (W's Medium)
Capo Forma cycling jersey (XL)
Patagonia Silkweight Capilene top (w's medium)
Shebeest Cycling jersey (W's XL)
background: 3/4 Length Ultralight Thermarest sleeping pad
RRL check shirt (XXL -NWOT)
Model Sporis Cycling jersey celebrating Tony Rominger's win at the 1992 Vuleta a Espana (XL
Aforementioned Orvis Harris Tweed with leather elbow patches (tagged 41R -must be newish because the size feels bigger to me)
I wasn't sure about this one, but at the price it was worth the gamble.
Salko Austria coat (3/4 Coat?) -80%wool, 20% alpaca -In perfect condition... (tagged 53)post #79166 of 1387289/6/13 at 4:58pmpost #79167 of 1387289/6/13 at 5:01pmQuote:
But the other 1%... hoooo boy.
Dry spell continues, so I'll post a thrift/discount fit. Pretty much the shape of thrifting for me at present.
Blazer - Robert Geller, B&S
Shirt - Club Monaco, thrift
Jeans - APC, discount
Boots - Alden, someone here can't remember who sorry!post #79168 of 1387289/6/13 at 5:37pmpost #79169 of 1387289/6/13 at 7:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by txwoodworker
Y'all want to help me ID the dead animal these here things were made from?
They're Tony Lamas, there's an "8" stamped twice on each boot inside, but they sure as hell didn't look like 8's so I put them on and they fit perfect, I'm a 10.5, am I missing something?
Special cowboy shoe sizes?
Crocodile, but not sure why the sizing is so different. I wear a 9.5 in tennis shoes and a 10 in most boots, but I haven't heard about a two and half size difference.post #79170 of 1387289/6/13 at 7:55pm
OK Folks. Today I decided to channel my inner "Wes" and buy some tweed.
This should also serve as a Trad Alert.
Vintage HSM Wool Herringbone Overcoat - Very Heavy. I'm guessing a 48L.
And from the same owner, an HSM Houndstooth, quarter-lined sports coat. I'm guessing around a 46L
An then there was this Polo University Club.
And for the Ladies out there, this faux shearling tagged "Lauren: Ralph Lauren Original Dry Goods"
And just because its my first, a nice condition Canali Dress shirt:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm eventually going to have to sell some of this stuff I'm buying.........
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 50 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 17 minutes ago
- › Standard & Strange - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...