or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5267

post #78991 of 109338

12 days in SD and no thirfting, but the weather was killer

 

post #78992 of 109338
Which SD, Brian? If San Diego, there is a modicum of thrifting to be had. I'm confident that I'm not blowing up someone's honey hole by saying that it can be worth the few minutes it takes to go through the GW of La Jolla. Great brands, but they do know it.

Edit: And I just read your sentence again, and note the tense used, so nm.
post #78993 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 

Do you mean Manchester New Hampshire (USA) or Manchester England?

I mean Manchester, England (UK).

post #78994 of 109338

just had time to post a pseudo  thrift fit.


Hat : Locke&co (1966)  - ebay

Odd Jacket: Pal Zileri Labs. black shiny awesome. -new, ebay

Shirt: a white one (Cotton)- old fave

Tie : Burberry Grey Wool check. - from a friend.

Pocket Square: White cotton. found in a drawer.

Pants: BB Brookease, charcaol - from CesarC? or was it Barrel?  while back now.

Shoes: my Gilmore's.

Umbrella:  need a Black one, but it was raining out. so this was at hand.

 

tried an old look with new stuff thrown in. this (with a few alts) will be my wedding ceremony odd suit. :bigstar:

post #78995 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

Is the size 7 B or 7 E. it looks like B and I think that's for womens sizing. I just never saw it by mens.

 


 

Um....No (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Actually... those AEs do look like womens shoes....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 NOT

 

My point was just to point out the B and like sparrow said you need to find out how GUCCI uses the B. This is my first mens B that I've seen so thanks for the ed.

post #78996 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

Actually... those AEs do look like womens shoes....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 NOT

 

My point was just to point out the B and like sparrow said you need to find out how GUCCI uses the B. This is my first mens B that I've seen so thanks for the ed.

Lamps and shoes are my forte. :D

post #78997 of 109338

My 3rd pair of Alden's in the last week or so.

 

 

And a semi-thrift fit.

 

 

 

details! (Click to show)

 

 

Zegna jacket (consignment)

CT shirt (gift)

J.Press silk knit tie (thrift)

chambray PS (tiebar)

Loro Piana chinos (thirft)

Magnanni double monks (ebay)

post #78998 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylamer View Post

I don't want to start posting teak/furniture finds 'cause that'll clutter up the thread like crazy, but I find it weird that Frenchy found this a couple of days ago:




And I found this--the exact same set with the leaf in--last week. I think a steal at $45.



These are gorgeous. Great great great buy
post #78999 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post


And a semi-thrift fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



details! (Click to show)






Zegna jacket (consignment)
CT shirt (gift)
J.Press silk knit tie (thrift)
chambray PS (tiebar)
Loro Piana chinos (thirft)
Magnanni double monks (ebay)

THOSE. SHOOZ.
post #79000 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


THOSE. SHOOZ.

I saw those at the Saks Outlet on Monday at a steep discount. They ran too narrow for my feet. I was heartbroken.

post #79001 of 109338

I still don't fully understand how to tell shell vs. other leathers. Are these shell?

 

J&M Aristocraft

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

or these? AE Warton

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Last one re: shell. AE Ostendo

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Some other cool shoes I've found in the past couple of weeks:

 

J&M (unworn, I think)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

2x Santoni Loafers

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

PRL (Anyone know anything about these?)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Magnanni 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

post #79002 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

Actually... those AEs do look like womens shoes....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 NOT

 

My point was just to point out the B and like sparrow said you need to find out how GUCCI uses the B. This is my first mens B that I've seen so thanks for the ed.

Lamps and shoes are my forte. :D

And tuxedos and scavenger hunts and .....

post #79003 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

I still don't fully understand how to tell shell vs. other leathers. Are these shell? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Last one re: shell. AE Ostendo

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Some other cool shoes I've found in the past couple of weeks:

J&M (unworn, I think) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



2x Santoni Loafers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












PRL (Anyone know anything about these?) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









Magnanni  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






None are shell.
post #79004 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post

just had time to post a pseudo  thrift fit.




Hat : Locke&co (1966)  - ebay
Odd Jacket: Pal Zileri Labs. black shiny awesome. -new, ebay
Shirt: a white one (Cotton)- old fave
Tie : Burberry Grey Wool check. - from a friend.
Pocket Square: White cotton. found in a drawer.
Pants: BB Brookease, charcaol - from CesarC? or was it Barrel?  while back now.
Shoes: my Gilmore's.
Umbrella:  need a Black one, but it was raining out. so this was at hand.

tried an old look with new stuff thrown in. this (with a few alts) will be my wedding ceremony odd suit. bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

...not a huge fan of this ensemble. You seem to be trying to combine elements that don't work right together. Vintage hat (combined with an umbrella and the shoes) with a fashion forward jacket from Zileri Labs make an odd combination. Switch out the jacket for something more traditional and hem the pants up a bit and it would be good.
post #79005 of 109338
Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post
 

just had time to post a pseudo  thrift fit.


Hat : Locke&co (1966)  - ebay

Odd Jacket: Pal Zileri Labs. black shiny awesome. -new, ebay

Shirt: a white one (Cotton)- old fave

Tie : Burberry Grey Wool check. - from a friend.

Pocket Square: White cotton. found in a drawer.

Pants: BB Brookease, charcaol - from CesarC? or was it Barrel?  while back now.

Shoes: my Gilmore's.

Umbrella:  need a Black one, but it was raining out. so this was at hand.

 

tried an old look with new stuff thrown in. this (with a few alts) will be my wedding ceremony odd suit. :bigstar:

 

Where the fuck is the spoiler function???!!! I can't find it any where on the damn Page Editor!!! Anyhow, nah bro, the Brookease pants weren't from me. Dude, bro, where are the pants to the PZ jacket? I want to see a full fit pic of the suit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post


...not a huge fan of this ensemble. You seem to be trying to combine elements that don't work right together. Vintage hat (combined with an umbrella and the shoes) with a fashion forward jacket from Zileri Labs make an odd combination. Switch out the jacket for something more traditional and hem the pants up a bit and it would be good.

I think the troll face goes very well with the umbrella! :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread