Eazy? Nat? Noob? Boh?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:15 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/26/16 at 5:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5261post #78901 of 1387289/1/13 at 8:56pmpost #78902 of 1387289/1/13 at 9:04pmpost #78903 of 1387289/1/13 at 9:08pmpost #78904 of 1387289/1/13 at 9:14pmpost #78905 of 1387289/1/13 at 9:24pm
I can't actually hunt until I get back to Seattle, but I'm pumped!
Speaking of which... THREE DAYS!
Also e-thrifted this, not quite thrift prices but pretty solid:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D-Series-D90-12-3-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Body-Only-/190891672304?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=E0DEbuP71iAo56wERt9bH4SrII0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncpost #78906 of 1387289/1/13 at 9:29pmpost #78907 of 1387289/1/13 at 9:38pmpost #78908 of 1387289/1/13 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by matty long legs
Edited to add this horror story:
I'm flipping through the SCs in the GW where I found the Zegna and Canali jackets. I pass a shitty, outdated BB jacket and notice something stiff, like a brochure, in the inner jacket pocket. Turns out it's not a brochure. I pull out a Polaroid of one of the most disturbing images I've ever seen: an old, wrinkly, obese grandmother completely naked after what appears to be open heart surgery...
Maybe this was missed because it was edited after being paged, but just wanted to say it made for a good laugh over here. Yikes...post #78909 of 1387289/1/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
Heh, you married guys must just have to go for it whenever you can, hey.Quote:
Do you mean Harry Rosen? If so, no idea, but I have a pair too and they're awesome.
Nice looking fit. However... I'm no church-going man, but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be buttoned one higher in a house of the Lord.
Sorry dude, my car dying has pretty much sunk my thrifting down to nothing. Still trying to figure out an alternative.post #78910 of 1387289/1/13 at 11:44pmpost #78911 of 1387289/2/13 at 12:30amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by leftofthedial
Wanted to start contributing a little more in here. And Ian asked if I'd post up some pics of a popover I picked up.
Don't find tailored clothing very often (I mostly buy for myself, 36R/S is a hard size to come by), so it's typically more SW&D stuff.
LVC 1947 501XX
Ahh shit! Been looking for some pre 1950's...Good stuff!Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen!Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by bytor13
Just one stop today. Did pick up my 3rd BoO shirt in a week, along with a couple of Billy Reid shirts. (N/A)Quote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
thrift fit from church today: andover shop, brooks brothers, henry rosen, j crew
also who the hell makes these henry rosen made in Italy pants, I love them, they are washed cotton like a lbm 1911 or bolgioli jacket and the label looks familiar I just can't place it
Bro! Bad ass fit! But still ain't feel'n those chicken legs...Quote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
I only found a few things over the past week but we did manage to get a away for a day or so for the long weekend to the ole homestead. It's been in the family for almost 100 years. These are three of my kids walking through a field of barley.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mint late '50s to early-'60s varsity collared cardigan.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I'm going to try an experiment, probably on etsy. Fur is coming back. I see a lot of fur but much of it ratty and ragged, not a lot of premium stuff. But I though I'd test the waters. Vintage muskrat coat. Looks ratty in the photo but it's in VG condition, including the lining. Oh, and if you want to read about the resurgence in fur, here ya go:
All about rich Chinese driving up prices.
Damn! Pics or it didn't happen!Quote:
I totally missread that as "underwear!"Quote:
Ahhh shit! Thanks for putting me up on game, Wes! I guess I'll have to do it now...post #78912 of 1387289/2/13 at 7:16amQuote:
That phrase will always be funny.
Levi's Little "e" 501. After some further digging, they're actually late 70's or early 80's. I love the history of Levi's because of all the little nuances that exist. It's fun trying to date the product.
Anyway, here you go.post #78913 of 1387289/2/13 at 7:28ampost #78914 of 1387289/2/13 at 8:07ampost #78915 of 1387289/2/13 at 9:07am
ok. Posting 2 things.
Burberry Women's Hooded Jacket, Size XS, $4.80
2nd is a Canali leather coat, size large. I'll probably keep this one for myself, and as such, paid $90, but it is in extremely good condition. sleeves are about an inch too long.
BTW, Photo's are taken with an overhead light I build to mimic Wes's set up.
one 4 lamp and one 2 lamp fixture for a total of 6 lamps. all bulbs are 6500K daylight.
I tried both a white background (these) and a neutral gray #8 background (Wes's system).
These are straight out of the camera, cropped and resized for posting.
will dink with white balance and aperture later tonight.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 58 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - JULY 29, 2016 - LOCAL CHALLENGE 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › Pocket squares sale, Viola Milano, Eton, Stenströms, Monsieur Fox etc 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Paul Stuart FW2014 Spectators in US10.5 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › On Jacket Length 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding