or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5245

post #78661 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

What didn't you pass on? mwink[1].gif


I copped a Zegna tie and a BP tie for myself. Also, got a cat bed with toy. My pops coped a Zegna navy trousers. Uhh, didn't even have time to go through shirts and denim...

post #78662 of 102647

I've been seeing a lot of cowboy boots lately. Can someone enlighten me about what to look for? Not only brands but materials and construction details. 

post #78663 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

I've been seeing a lot of cowboy boots lately. Can someone enlighten me about what to look for? Not only brands but materials and construction details. 

Lucchese, sometimes Justin, and always croc. smile.gif
post #78664 of 102647

I cried when I got out of bed this morning.

 

I had the most vivid dream that I found a Cashmere Kiton Suit at TJ Maxx for $215. I swore it was really happening. I had already bragged about it here and everything.

 

frown.gif

post #78665 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I cried when I got out of bed this morning.

I had the most vivid dream that I found a Cashmere Kiton Suit at TJ Maxx for $215. I swore it was really happening. I had already bragged about it here and everything.

frown.gif

You should probably go there today.
post #78666 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


You should probably go there today.

I will, but I am not optimistic about it. At ours, you are lucky if you can find a real PRL in a sea of US Polo Assn. and they rarely have suits (Chaps) at all.

post #78667 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Lucchese, sometimes Justin, and always croc. smile.gif

 

Thanks! I've seen a lot of boots with scales before. Any tips regarding deciphering between exotic materials?

 

Edit: answered my own question tooling around the Lucchese website. Looks like I've seen a lot of lizard lately.

post #78668 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

 

Thanks! I've seen a lot of boots with scales before. Any tips regarding deciphering between exotic materials?

On most boots, a search of the model numbers inside will tell you pretty much everything about them. The boot makers seem to be pretty good about that.

post #78669 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I cried when I got out of bed this morning.

I had the most vivid dream that I found a Cashmere Kiton Suit at TJ Maxx for $215. I swore it was really happening. I had already bragged about it here and everything.

frown.gif

Weird, I was just dreaming about unlined light blue with white poka-dot schlubby silk ties. Of course, it's already been noted that we have problems. biggrin.gif
post #78670 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

 

Thanks! I've seen a lot of boots with scales before. Any tips regarding deciphering between exotic materials?

 

Edit: answered my own question tooling around the Lucchese website. Looks like I've seen a lot of lizard lately.

Wouldn't Tony Lama be on that list too?  Justin's are the only boots some of my friends would be caught dead in, but when would they be a good pickup?

post #78671 of 102647

Just some Burberry stuff this week (not all from the same person - I'll upload pics later), but if you're a Police/Sting fan like I am, you'll know why I value this find the most...

 

6 Disc set, rang up for 49 cents!

 

 

post #78672 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Weird, I was just dreaming about unlined light blue with white poka-dot schlubby silk ties. Of course, it's already been noted that we have problems. biggrin.gif

Weird, I was dreaming about a woman I knew in college.......sly.gif

post #78673 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post

Weird, I was dreaming about a woman I knew in college.......sly.gif

It'd be really weird if she was wearing an unlined light blue with white poka-dot schlubby silk tie. uhoh.gif
post #78674 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Weird, I was just dreaming about unlined light blue with white poka-dot schlubby silk ties. Of course, it's already been noted that we have problems. biggrin.gif

You might be obsessed if...
post #78675 of 102647
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post

Weird, I was dreaming about a woman I knew in college.......sly.gif

It'd be really weird if she was wearing an unlined light blue with white poka-dot schlubby silk tie. uhoh.gif

 

I agree to disagree.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread