Looks real to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5241
Styleforum Top Pickspost #78602 of 1387288/29/13 at 10:15am
Yeah, they both look real. The tie on the right is a woven silk, so it has an Hermes-Paris keeper.
If you can post a picture of the backing, that should confirm it.post #78603 of 1387288/29/13 at 10:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Tweets
Frustrating...I guess I'm not pushy enough...these were at auction, starting at $89.99 last night...someone must have convinced him to switch to BIN at $100...which one of you was it? :)
Dayyum. Not even my size but I would pounce on that.post #78604 of 1387288/29/13 at 10:32amQuote:
So it is normal for the woven ties to not have a model number and two letter code? What about the "tell-tale" thread loop? I defer to y'all's expertise but I'd like to know in case hell freezes over and I run across one in a thrift.post #78605 of 1387288/29/13 at 11:13ampost #78606 of 1387288/29/13 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy
Vaguely related... someone should probably kop this (not my auction)
Considering the nature of this piece, I'd call it an e-thrift
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vtg-DAvenza-Roma-Sz-40-L-Black-Blue-Abstract-Pattern-Silk-Wool-Blazer-/200790692453?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item2ec00ed265post #78607 of 1387288/29/13 at 11:45ampost #78608 of 1387288/29/13 at 11:53amQuote:
I read that they use to make their stuff in Canada in the same factory as W+H. Now they make their stuff somewheres in China.post #78609 of 1387288/29/13 at 11:56amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Last days of summer thrift fits, from today and yesterday, all thrifted/traded/heavily discounted.
Linen/cotton Corneliani SC - from GMMcL BEST TRADE EVER!!!
No name silk PS
Ike Behar silk/linen tie
HB Baldessarini pants - from Nataku
Church's Custom Grade shoes
Linen Southwick SC - from GMMcL
Nautica Vintage BD shirt
No name cotton PS
Cashmere silk, some low-level label that but Made in Italy
Canali linen pants - dolfan, I think
FLorsheim v-cleats - GMMcL
I like the first look better than the 2nd one. The 2nd SC is too boxy. You kinda look like a JCPenney male fashion model. It could be that the shoulders are too padded. I also think it may be too short. And, I realize that shorter coats are in vogue now.
This may be just me, but I like to pair a rough looking fabric (linen) with something smoother on the 2nd half. Here, you have linen (rough) with linen (rough) in contrasting colors. Unless, of course, you have an all-linen suit. I guess that's why I like the 1st look: rough SC with smooth fabric pants. Carry on.post #78610 of 1387288/29/13 at 11:58ampost #78611 of 1387288/29/13 at 11:59amQuote:
I found a button down about two years ago that was made in the US (I think by Gitman from the tag). Sold for something north of $130.post #78612 of 1387288/29/13 at 12:10pmpost #78613 of 1387288/29/13 at 12:13pmpost #78614 of 1387288/29/13 at 12:14pmpost #78615 of 1387288/29/13 at 12:22pmBarrel: Congrats on the new pad. Wow! You did well.Quote:Quote:
Dang - hope you're not moving too far from your current spots. You find some great SW&D pieces. Good luck with grad school and don't be a stranger on here.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 11 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 15 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...