Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/27/16 at 10:53pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5220post #78287 of 1387288/24/13 at 3:06pmQuote:
God I hate going through stores in Dallas when they don't have winter coats. They were priced cheaply at stores that had them during the summer and no one ever went through the outwear section.post #78288 of 1387288/24/13 at 3:20pm
I am in the Dallas area. And, I've found a bunch of stuff that's not outdoor/winter wear. Just today I picked upIncotex Wool Super 100's Size 36wMani by Armani Wool trousers Size 34wHickey Freeman Chocalate Double Pleated cuffed trousersCanali TrousersBallin TrousersBrooks Brothers TrousersAltea Malino striped tieBrooks Brothers L/S Stripe Shirt 16x33Burgendy Coach Belt w/ Goldtone buckleNWT Signature Fit Wide Leg womens pants Size 6Foot Joy Golf Shoes size 10MGem FindVintage Penncrest Electric Shoe Polisherpost #78289 of 1387288/24/13 at 3:49pmTurns out there's a slight problem with being on a trip for two weeks with seven hotels, couple of train rides and two rental car pickups: as I discovered yesterday, I was supposed to pick up a rental car last Thursday to go out thrifting. Blargh.
So, now I've made new reservations for a car, and I sort of comforted myself by getting some stuff yesterday. Not quite thrift prices, but not really bad either.
Vintage made in UK LL Bean knit. Great condition.
Hand cableknit PRL cashemere. A few loose threads from the labels, but otherwise good condition (a little loose thread under one armhole).
And I also fetched a big package from Vente Privee from the front desk at the hotel! 4 x Borrelli shirts that were $49.95 each. Three were mainline, one cheaper luxury vintage (no MOP buttons). But darn, the mainlines are really great. Best shirts I've ever seen, and for less than 50 bucks shipped, jikes. Bought a 41 which is probably too snug, so I might get rid of that some way. Didn't even unpack it.
One of the ones that fit. Gosh.post #78290 of 1387288/24/13 at 3:56pmpost #78291 of 1387288/24/13 at 4:10pmpost #78292 of 1387288/24/13 at 4:17pmpost #78293 of 1387288/24/13 at 4:52pm
EDIT: is that the Sulka I am looking for? Or is it only the label with the script / cursive writing / A. Sulka?
Edited by TheNeedMachine - 8/24/13 at 5:43pmpost #78294 of 1387288/24/13 at 4:55pmpost #78295 of 1387288/24/13 at 4:57pmpost #78296 of 1387288/24/13 at 5:17pmQuote:
Here's the pic you posted. It could just be a trick of the photo angle and the way the coat is folded but the gorge appears as if it will fall well below the tie knot a la Jerry's in the pic below..
Go back to this pic and see how the notches are pointing at the tie knot instead of an area somewhere south of it. Looking at the full size pic in your original post, it doesn't look to be abnormally low, just low-ish. Probably within tolerances.post #78297 of 1387288/24/13 at 5:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy
Welcome to the jungle! :P
As far as going back to pick up those things, they don't sound like they're worth the return trip. My best advice to you is to learn your brands and learn what good craftsmanship looks like. That and ask us when you need help- most people here are very knowledgeable (Except me, I'm the house n00b)
Thanks for the advice and tips. I visited a few more shops yesterday, unfortunately for me I live in a rather tacky part of Australia (the city I live in tries to be the Aussie version of both LA and Las Vegas), needless to say polyester suits were abundant. I don't think I'll find too much BB or suits from london here, but, worth trying I guess.
I did see two jackets from local (closed down) Australian tailors. Both looked too small for me, but, is it worth picking them up? I was hesitant as I thought they could be an odd size or fit being tailor made. Thoughts on picking up bespoke jackets?post #78298 of 1387288/24/13 at 5:45pmpost #78299 of 1387288/24/13 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by dexconstruct
Anyone up for more unconstructed goodness?
Boglioli Coat tan/blue plaid
Plus some SWD
Gant Rugger oxford
RRL club collar button-down
I am loving the Boglioli Coat tan/blue plaid sport coat. I have a Glen plaid suit I purchased 3 yrs ago that I've worn around 3 times. It's hard to find this brand here in the Dallas area.post #78300 of 1387288/24/13 at 6:13pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 45 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 54 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 7 minutes ago
- › Cigars 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding