or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5119

post #76771 of 124860

I thrifted a pair of allen edmonds saratoga in size 12D.  It doesn't have tassells.  So I am not sure if the design calls for this.  I also picked up an H. Freeman & Son customed made suit. I know it's on the smaller end (below 40R).  If anyone is interested just post a response.  I can let the AE go dirt cheap.

post #76772 of 124860
Shell Indy's are an amazing find, unworn shell indy's is absolutely absurd. Well done!

Two Buffalo Exchange finds today:

Uniqlo Undercover Easy Jacket. A little long in the sleeves but they look alright rolled so keeping
AppleMark
AppleMark Thrift Fit (for noob!) (Click to show)
AppleMark


Next up a NWT Levi's Made & Crafted/Levi's Vintage Clothing Sack Coat. Size L. Tag says "Levi's Made and Crafted Sample" but content tag says Levi's Vintage Clothing- My guess is that is indeed LVC. Too big for me so available - I'm looking at you nataku.
AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
P2P 24
Shoulders 20
Sleeve 27
Length 29
post #76773 of 124860

It's August 4th. Do you know where your tweeds are?

 

I do.

post #76774 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

It's August 4th. Do you know where your tweeds are?

I do.

So cap, when does Operation: Cover the World With Tweed officially kick off?
post #76775 of 124860

Can anyone help me with the sizing on these Balint shoes?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I have no idea what the numbers inside mean. They are 11.5 inches long inside and 3 7/8th inches at the widest point.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Only few recent things:

 

PRL Corduroy Blazer. S. Functioning Cuffs.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

BB Tie

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Pioneer CS-G101WAII speakers for $10, in excellent shape.

post #76776 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post


So cap, when does Operation: Cover the World With Tweed officially kick off?

Just in time for the first frost.

post #76777 of 124860
Crazy jewelry haul, high end costume jewelry all new 5 bucks a pop, picked up a couple hundred, lowest retail was 190 up to 895
post #76778 of 124860

Not a clothing find, but kind of had to have this Piggy Bank. 

New in box and not for sale. It is going to be a Christmas gift for my ex-wife. 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

post #76779 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by hucklecat View Post

Not a clothing find, but kind of had to have this Piggy Bank. 

New in box and not for sale. It is going to be a Christmas gift for my ex-wife. 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

crackup[1].giflol8[1].gifrotflmao.gif

post #76780 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

Thrift Fit (for noob!) (Click to show)
AppleMark

 

Nice find! However, I don't think you need to roll the sleeves. The length looks like it'd be perfect if you left them alone, and right now you're borderline showing too much cuff even for an MCish fit. For some reason the jacket made me think of a recent fit from WAYWT, also with sleeves rolled, but you can see the difference in length and effect (http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/98925#post_6503893)

 

Unless that was just a red herring to distract us from the manpris.

post #76781 of 124860
post #76782 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

Nice find! However, I don't think you need to roll the sleeves. The length looks like it'd be perfect if you left them alone, and right now you're borderline showing too much cuff even for an MCish fit. For some reason the jacket made me think of a recent fit from WAYWT, also with sleeves rolled, but you can see the difference in length and effect (http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/98925#post_6503893)

Unless that was just a red herring to distract us from the manpris.
Hahaha, I actually loved my "cropped pants" (ie Manpris) but it's definitely an acquired tasted and yeah I think they are just longer than I am used too. Considering the relaxed silouette I think they will be okay.
post #76783 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

Crazy jewelry haul, high end costume jewelry all new 5 bucks a pop, picked up a couple hundred, lowest retail was 190 up to 895

Back of truck AGAIN?  Holy shit man, you're the master of right place/right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Thrift Brag icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350841934987

Funny, I just listed one, swinging for the fence on it, trying to beat Brian's record for a used one.

RG

post #76784 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Back of truck AGAIN?  Holy shit man, you're the master of right place/right time.

Funny, I just listed one, swinging for the fence on it, trying to beat Brian's record for a used one.

RG

What was the record?

post #76785 of 124860
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

What was the record?

+1 I thought it was you that held it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread