SEXY - One of the items that is leaving a big hole in my wardrobe
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5111
Styleforum Top Picks
Ok, time to do some thread housekeeping...
1) there is someone who sent me a small amount of money for a set of tux studs a loooong time ago, and I could never find them at my parents house, who was it and what do I owe you? Really sorry bro, although im sure its not a huge deal, otherwise I would've heard from you :)
2) BIG PROPS TO GMMCL FOR HOOKING ME UP WITH A SWEET LORO PIANA CASHMERE OVERCOAT, I MADE HIM AN OFFER ON EBAY, HE ASKED IF IT WAS ME FROM SF AND SUBSEQUENTLY DECLINED MY OFFER, WE COMPLETED THE TRANSACTION OUTSIDE OF EBAY FOR ~ HALF OF WHAT I'D OFFERED, GREAT GUY!!!!! I owe you one, or a few!
3) BIG PROPS TO CESARC FOR SENDING ME A PAIR OF NETTLETONS SO I COULD TRY THEM ON (THEY FIT BRO, PM ME WITH PP INFO AND $$$, OR ILL SEND YOU YOUR BALLYS AND WE CAN JUST TRADE/ILL COVER THE DIFFERENCE IN THE COSTS BETWEEN THE SHOES ONCE YOU SEE IF THEY FIT)
4) PROPS TO BRIAN FOR BEING A GREAT GUY, WE HAD A NICE CONVERSATION ON THE PHONE NOT TOO LONG AGO (ILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THE SUBJECT OF OUR DISCUSSION HOMIE)
5) To everyone who bought a pair of those MD loafers from me, im shipping tomorrow! sorry for the delay, but i've slept in my own bed once in the past week because of unforeseen work travel.
6) Not that any of you really care, but im making a fucking killing on those loafers so far. They've been up on the bay for 10 days now, i've sold 8 pair for a total of $1038 (thats slightly higher than my optimistic average of 125 per pair for whoever the doubting thomas was who opined that ~45 was more realistic, suck ittttttt.) For those of you bad at math that is a profit of $838, and im fucking stoked. (if any of you still want a pair get at me! I've settled on $62 shipped for you guys which is a tad under the 50% of ebay thread homie hook-up.)
7) Horses ass acted like anything but in our last transaction, I took fucking forever to ship him his Indochino SCs and feel like a real fucking douchebag. Toby, hollatcha boi on anything I post you want, unless it something super, super valuable its yours on the free tip.
8) Im about to drop a monster haul, for me anyway.
If you cant tell its a dual vented, MiItaly Polo SC, 100% linen with Ticket pocket! So sexay, apart from being black, but coudl be cool for some summer evening wear/going out. (sorry for these and the other shitty pics to follow, but on my one evening home I started snapping some because I wanted to share with you fine gentlemen, and if there is anything you're really interested in I can always take more)
Long Story Short.... those went to Cali... I havn't been to Cali since last October due to work, so havnt gotten to wear them in a LONG time and totally forgot I had them I have no wholecuts in my NJ wardrobe.
So felt bad that I left the suit and the wife and kids were away so I decided to drive back to the store.
I remember why I left it, one of the buttons on the sleeve was broken but there was a spare inside the coat so I grabbed it. Also one of the belt loops is all f'ed up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
15 miles of back road to beat traffic and I get behind an older guy with a corvette and I am stoked cause we are gonna drive this road fast... Not so much, in a 45 zone this ass clown is driving 37. In a Corvette!
If it says Made in New York City, chances are it's good.
No clothing today, but I did pick up some speakers and LPs. Never heard of ProAc before but they had the look and feel to be something. Need to get them refoamed though. No big deal - Midwest Speaker Repair (one of the best places in the region to get speakers refoamed) is 1/2 hour away from me.
Also pretty happy with The Torques LPs. It seems they don't pop up too often. This also had the look so I grabbed both copies.
I was lucky enough to beat a swarm of record flippers to the crates. Record flippers around here don't bathe or use deodorant on purpose (to keep people away as they flip though the crates - it certainly seems to work as I almost gagged today). I got in, got my stuff and bailed out. Went back to try and see if I missed something and it smelled worse than a zoo. I left.
LPs were marked up a bit so I had to pass on a bunch of stuff that was too new for my tastes and didn't really know the value of. A bunch of Talking Heads LPs, a couple more Ramones and The Specials LPs and some new wave-ish and punk looking stuff. No private press stuff though (I know most any of that is rare and usually valuable), stuff was commercial and on labels like Sire and Chrysalis.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dude..I can't see the Roxy Music cover!
+1 - I've never had a pair of Aldens my ebay account didnt like...
That's a pretty good price. My guy is almost double that for full soles, and since they're generic branded, I usually forego the repair and just sell as-is. YMMV, but I have always managed to get my money back (or more) out of Aldens, even at the ridonk inflated prices I;m routinely forced to pay.
No easy crown to steal, but that is arguably T.H.E. ugliest Hermes I've ever seen.
Don't care, found hermes
I have an even uglier brioni somewhere in my closet that I thrifted back in like February and never got around to listing.
I still regret passing on the first pair of Alden's I ever saw in thrift because the sole was worn through... but $2!!! Live and learn
somebody size small
might want to take a look at this
if I had more funds I would buy with the intent to use as trade bait or flip but I figure I will pass a good deal on
Guess who has the highest sold Zanella? But, they are not worth picking up .