Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5082post #76216 of 1387287/27/13 at 2:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76217 of 1387287/27/13 at 2:42pmpost #76218 of 1387287/27/13 at 3:10pm
Guess it would be made by Hickey Freeman. Is it a jacket, blazer or suit? Should do OK.
Not direct at you, but since you asked I'm using this as an example. If you asking opinions to buy something (really the wrong thread), but besides that, what it is? whats the use (wear or flip) and how much does it cost make a HUGE difference in what kind of reply you get. $10 yes, $100, no. Pinstripe Jacket, NO. solid blue blazer, YES. .Big differences.
PS - Just noticed 4,000 posts (I feel old)post #76219 of 1387287/27/13 at 3:47pmpost #76220 of 1387287/27/13 at 3:48pmpost #76221 of 1387287/27/13 at 4:02pmQuote:
I used the special "ebay whats it worth app" (considering half the people a few bad apples here have no sense of humor, I am joking) It's really easy to look up completed listing on ebay..... Here is the link for all BURBERRY BLUE DOUBLE BREASTED that have ended in highest -> lowest $$ (red is unsold, green is sold). 89 have finished recently which should give you an idea of pricing.
There are still multiple variables which you only understand by researching more and spending time looking stuff up.. size, length, condition age/label, are a few that come to mind quick. Photos make a HUGE difference (hence why I take in consignments )
OK, now back to thirfting talk.....If you have more questions, ask all you want in the ebay tips thread....Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
Edited by Brianpore - 7/27/13 at 4:20pmpost #76222 of 1387287/27/13 at 5:46pmpost #76223 of 1387287/27/13 at 7:37pm
Three trips to the local Goodwill Stores.
I also scored a pair of Black Bally Loafers in very good condition. But the shoes are to big for me. They are a size 11.5. (Available)
Fendi (I am trying not to like the tie. But It's growing on me)
RR Custom Tie
Ike Behar (NWOT) Available
E. Zegna (NWOT) Available
Nordstroms Made in Italy Available
Tarton Wool Tie (Free. Pay Shipping cost)
Suits and Sport Coats
Custom Tailored Suit in Dark Brown Birdseye Pattern
Boss by Hugo Boss Suit (Didn't photo the pants)
Custom Tailored Black Wool (Feels Like Cashmere)
Tan Unlined Sport Coat (35 yrs old in prestine condition) Available
Rain/Trench/Overcoat with removal lining
Lavin Feather Suede Heather Green (Available-Free. Just pay for shipping based on final destination)
Custom Shirt Made in Japan (Small spot can be removed)
(Available-Free. Just pay for shipping based on final destination)
Billy Reid (Not available)
Tailored Pants Waist Sizes 33-34
Checkered Pair Available for actual cost ($4.99 plus shipping)
Checkered Pair Available for actual cost ($4.99 plus shipping)
I am addicted now. The beast has been unleashed.
Edited by PointDexter2014 - 7/28/13 at 8:25pmpost #76224 of 1387287/27/13 at 8:24pmpost #76225 of 1387287/27/13 at 8:25pmpost #76226 of 1387287/27/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Did you really buy a pair of size 17 Wide shoes??? I have left a lot of things that I would kop at a normal size. Size 56 pants 29 inseam pants, size 15 shoe etc... Checking ebay there has been 1 17W shoe sold in the last month, so not a real popular size. I still have a pair of 13AAA AE shoes I can't give away for cost + shipping. Good luck though man!post #76227 of 1387287/27/13 at 9:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shoeluv
Did you really buy a pair of size 17 Wide shoes??? I have left a lot of things that I would kop at a normal size. Size 56 pants 29 inseam pants, size 15 shoe etc... Checking ebay there has been 1 17W shoe sold in the last month, so not a real popular size. I still have a pair of 13AAA AE shoes I can't give away for cost + shipping. Good luck though man!
LOL, yeah. I got em cheap and everything eventually sells for a profit. Might take a year though.post #76228 of 1387287/27/13 at 10:01pmpost #76229 of 1387287/27/13 at 10:03pmpost #76230 of 1387287/27/13 at 11:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stewie
Decent pickup today, no sizes, will figure out later... Store was closing so will go back tomorrow and go thru shirts and pants. He obviously got fatter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm at work and the desktop for some reason doesn't display the option to spoiler things. So, I'll fix this when I get home but I have to say this is one bad ass haul!!!! I've yet to see a A&S haul this awesome!!! Props!
Edited: This haul is only next to Gmmcl's A&S Chords suit!
Edited by barrelntrigger - 7/28/13 at 8:09am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › New Zegna ties, Isaiah 7 fold, Eton wool, Etro for sale 7 minutes ago
- › What kind of Waistband is This? 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Jack Erwin Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Borrelli, Barba, Attolini, Burberry, Acquascutum ties 11 minutes ago
- › Dolce & Gabbana A/W 2014 Collection Rare Leather/Denim Jacket Cost... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...