Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5058post #75856 of 1387287/21/13 at 11:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75857 of 1387287/21/13 at 11:29am
That is going to be my new route, I have face to face meetings with a customer once a month and I am going to start stopping off there . They had some good stuff, I will warn you after I pillage the place so you don't waste your time for a few days.post #75858 of 1387287/21/13 at 11:41ampost #75859 of 1387287/21/13 at 11:52amQuote:
Or better yet, give drop me a line beforehand.
SO WE CAN DO A MEETUP. Jeez, relax. You're
(No seriously, would love to meet up. Swamped with work and kids, but drop me a line)post #75860 of 1387287/21/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
I will, I met Brian for a few minutes in Dirty Jersey to drop off a few things for consignment which was the first SF member I have met. While I was expecting someone nicely dressed, he surprised me with the top hat! (That is the State Farm French Model in case he looks familiar)post #75861 of 1387287/21/13 at 12:48pmpost #75862 of 1387287/21/13 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by darkmatter7
No pics yet, but I got two Forme D'Expression coats from a legit thrift... and black achilles mids (which are a meager find in comparison to the coats)...
So afterward I went to a sample sale and picked up two pairs of shoes for myself
KVA Surgery Sneakers and Cazabat Combat Boots
Dude you should be posting in the StyleZeitgeist thrift thread.
Except they don't have one.
And you'd probably be the only poster.
PICS PLEASE!post #75863 of 1387287/21/13 at 3:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Nothing too brag worthy these last few weeks except the Drakes I found the other day and the Mainetti hanger I found the day after posting about how I want more. and this PRL tie that I thought was cool. I've been passing on loads of ties that were old/unwearable patterns.
Drakes is a silky dream.post #75864 of 1387287/21/13 at 3:35pmpost #75865 of 1387287/21/13 at 4:17pmNot sure exactly how much of a "find" this is but I, like much of this forum, like the vintage American workwear aesthetic. I have no clue if this is actually vintage though. I know that Urban Outfitters sell this particular brand as part of their Urban Renewal line but that's about it. This one appears to be original. The fabric of this shirt is super cool and it fits me perfectly. Just thought I'd share.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #75866 of 1387287/21/13 at 4:21pmSeven years of checking the sleepwear sections in thrift stores and this is the first item I've found. I knew the name, as someone on SF once referred to them as the "Rolls Royce" of robes and dressing gowns. This one's cotton rather than cashmere, but still the nicest dressing gown I've ever seen. Daniel A Hanson.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #75867 of 1387287/21/13 at 4:27pmpost #75868 of 1387287/21/13 at 4:47pm
A few pick ups from the last week....
Brooks Brothers St Andrews Golf Shirt, Medium, N/A
NWT Dark Gray Plaid Robert Talbott Best of Class, Medium
Polo by Corneliani 38 W x32 x 2, 1st is gray, flannel-ish
2nd is a gray twill
Zanella Platinum Pleated w/ Loro Piana s 110's, 34 W x 30
RRL Red Cotton Jacket, size XLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NWT North Face L/S, LargeWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PIcked up two of these NWT, Braeval 80/20 Cotton Wool, havent heard of this brand but
apparently they are based in connecticut and do high end outdoor clothes- anyone have any other info?
(XXL shown in avail, also snagged a nwt medium I am keeping)
NWT North Face L/S, Medium
Hackett, Armani, Nicky Milano, FerragamoWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Plaid Sperry Slip Ons in exc condition for me....post #75869 of 1387287/21/13 at 4:55pmpost #75870 of 1387287/21/13 at 5:06pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 44 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...