Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5036
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75527 of 1387287/16/13 at 7:58ampost #75528 of 1387287/16/13 at 8:32ampost #75529 of 1387287/16/13 at 9:49amAnybody got a link to the maker label list that was posted in here recently? I think Brian posted it? Can't seem to find it- should have bookmarked it when I first saw it.
EDIT: Found it. In case anyone else is looking- http://www.styleforum.net/t/352887/the-official-thrift-thread-maker-label-guide/0_20
Thanks again for putting that together Brian!post #75530 of 1387287/16/13 at 10:23ampost #75531 of 1387287/16/13 at 11:04am
PRINGLE is becoming a "brand" like HUGO BOSS or BROOKS BROTHERS that outsources a lot of their items to factories all over the world. I was unaware that they are now outsourcing there sweaters. I have seen items like golf shirts made in Hong Kongpost #75532 of 1387287/16/13 at 11:05ampost #75533 of 1387287/16/13 at 11:14am
My wife and I are planning our trip to the US right now and when I saw that I sent her an SMS that said "I'm hungry for a double steakburger from Steak 'N Shake." She sent an angry smiley in response.
Oh and if you haven't found an owner, get at me with that navy jacket (EU 46).post #75534 of 1387287/16/13 at 11:22amJust a few things today, a personal grail crossed off my list. I've been looking for a decent chambray shirt since I really started thrifting. It's been 2 years, but I finally found one. Vintage PRL made in the USA broken in to perfection in the ultra rare small size. Thing is buttery soft. I'm guesing from the tag and the fact it's made in the USA, it' from the 80's or so.
Skull and bones skeet
Wool Talbott, schlubby silk and linen Talbott and a cotton madraspost #75535 of 1387287/16/13 at 12:29pmpost #75536 of 1387287/16/13 at 12:42pm
So ever since I told my daughter she can have half the net profit on anything she finds she makes a bee line for the ties as soon as we hit a thrift.
This time by the time I caught up with her she had a fistful of Zegna's already and was asking if Brioni was any good. All she left for me was the RT BOC, Polo and a possibly fake Versace...
I suspect if it's real it's very old. I have never seen that lining before. Any opinions? Spoo?post #75537 of 1387287/16/13 at 12:54pmpost #75538 of 1387287/16/13 at 1:05pmpost #75539 of 1387287/16/13 at 2:10pm
Fishy went thrifting.
Had to leave behind a Zegna BLUE AND GREEN herringbone, every bit as baller as you'd imagine. Unfortunately some kid appeared to have went at an arm with scissors
I got a pair of Alfred Sargent (well, some other brand, made by AS) loafers in brown calf, but they have a couple nicks, so I'm working on them before I photo.
Thrift fit! Without the Arowana for a head this time, be nice to my face :P
Linen Tom James blazer, maybe 60% done with the tailoring work
Pink (older, when they were made in England) grenadine
Unknown brand (just know it's Italian) pocket square
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 3 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 17 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 27 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › The beginnings of a shoe collection 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...