or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5035

post #75511 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Not a thrift fit but a discounted fit (?) Errr...I guess??? puzzled.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ain't this a fucking kick in the nuts!

I finally got my NWT Norse Projects Roeldal blazer at 1/3 of the retail price shipped to me. I just got it today and I think this thing doesn't fit right...Apparently, my arms are too big, my back is too wide, and I think the sleeve pitch is all off. I know this is SWnD so it doesn't have to fit like the way MC jackets should but do you guys think the fit is too far off?

I even got a L according to the measurements.

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/norse-projects-roeldal-blazer.html

Buttoned

*

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

*
Unbuttoned
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

*


*



I think it's an ok fit for a SWnD jacket. Shit, I think I need to lose another 10 lbs. to fit it better. baldy%5B1%5D.gif

Oh yeah, please excuse the ugly ass green gym tank top. uhoh.gif
Looks too tight in the back and chest but too big in the shoulders? I'd return it. Even if you did loose weight it probably wouldn't look good. No offense! If it is indeed too big in the shoulders you should check out engineered garments. I have narrow shoulders for chest size and their stuff works for me. Same kind of high button stance boxy fit that our legacy does.
post #75512 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post


Looks too tight in the back and chest but too big in the shoulders? I'd return it. Even if you did loose weight it probably wouldn't look good. No offense! If it is indeed too big in the shoulders you should check out engineered garments. I have narrow shoulders for chest size and their stuff works for me. Same kind of high button stance boxy fit that our legacy does.

Yeah, it's too tight especially in the back. I don't think the shoulders are too big. It's just the arms are way too tight so the sleeve pitch is off therefore pulling the shoulders forward. I think I'm going to put it on BnS to cover my cost...Anyone looking for a NWT Norse Project jacket in a 40? spam[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Sorry...

That jacket doesn't fit. At all. You would, seriously, be better off in a Stafford jacket that fit. You should not buy clothing that does not fit. If you buy clothing online that does not fit, then you should return it. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not plan on losing weight or gaining weight or stretching yourself in a medieval rack--if it does not fit, and that jacket does not fit, send it back.

I understand that I may be old and in the way and that such get-ups might be all the rage amongst Japanese Ninja Goth Steam Punks or whatever it is they call folks who wear clothes that don't fit these days..


That's the problem with buying clothes online. Even with measurements provided, you won't know how the hell it's going to fit you until you've gotten it. I'm seriously thinking about just selling it on BnS or eBay...

post #75513 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Japanese Ninja Goth Steam Punks
This is the greatest thing pretty much ever
Also barrel please give me the jacket can proxy big bootie women with gypsy cleavage
post #75514 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Japanese Ninja Goth Steam Punks...

 

Speaking of dreamed up genres, I just got invited to a seapunk themed party this Saturday. I'm seriously contemplating throwing an outfit together.

post #75515 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Speaking of dreamed up genres, I just got invited to a seapunk themed party this Saturday. I'm seriously contemplating throwing an outfit together.
Dip dye your hair and wear a pastel crop top
post #75516 of 113101
Wooden, steam-powered D-in-a-box.
post #75517 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

 

Speaking of dreamed up genres, I just got invited to a seapunk themed party this Saturday. I'm seriously contemplating throwing an outfit together.

 

Lavc52.72.2

Can't wait to see this.  wear a bow tie for pnutplug. lol8[1].gif     

post #75518 of 113101
Had a rather unusual find this afternoon. Happened upon 30+ Zegna items, all de-tagged.
All the items appeared new, but the size tags, Zegna tags & anything that would let you recongize a Zegna garment were cut off.
I'm assuming that they must of came from the flagship store in Sydney.
I grabbed all the shirts + some of the pants. Is it worth grabbing the suits? From what i could tell, most seemed to be size 54-56, with the odd being smaller (but not slim).
post #75519 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboowwyy View Post

Had a rather unusual find this afternoon. Happened upon 30+ Zegna items, all de-tagged.
All the items appeared new, but the size tags, Zegna tags & anything that would let you recongize a Zegna garment were cut off.
I'm assuming that they must of came from the flagship store in Sydney.
I grabbed all the shirts + some of the pants. Is it worth grabbing the suits? From what i could tell, most seemed to be size 54-56, with the odd being smaller (but not slim).

If you're buying them to flip, you may have trouble selling them with their tags missing. How would you prove authenticity? Anything your size, I would grab.

You might want to get onto the Australian Members thread and ask the members there if anyone's interested. I think there's a few guys there in that size range.
post #75520 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

If you're buying them to flip, you may have trouble selling them with their tags missing. How would you prove authenticity? Anything your size, I would grab.

You might want to get onto the Australian Members thread and ask the members there if anyone's interested. I think there's a few guys there in that size range.

Yep good idea. Probably won't have much luck flipping without the tags. I'll ask if anyones interested before I go back to the shop.
post #75521 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

So....no one has anything to say about this? I thought it was somewhat remarkable, perhaps I was mistaken. patch%5B1%5D.gif



Ok then I'll give you something to talk about. Love the patch pocket pattern matching on this one.






Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






































It looks to have a fair amount of handwork, plus cashmere and made in England? Like my grandpa used to say, "that's a toughie". Also, why u no 38R???? ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif

edit: ^^^^ that comment was for the CD, not sure why the picture disappeared.
post #75522 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboowwyy View Post

Had a rather unusual find this afternoon. Happened upon 30+ Zegna items, all de-tagged.
All the items appeared new, but the size tags, Zegna tags & anything that would let you recongize a Zegna garment were cut off.
I'm assuming that they must of came from the flagship store in Sydney.
I grabbed all the shirts + some of the pants. Is it worth grabbing the suits? From what i could tell, most seemed to be size 54-56, with the odd being smaller (but not slim).


If you're grabbing them to proxy here they will move, if you are trying on eBay or something similar then they wont.

post #75523 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post


This is the greatest thing pretty much ever
Also barrel please give me the jacket can proxy big bootie LATINAS with gypsy cleavage

FTFY! inlove.gif

 

Bro, that jacket is way too short for you! Trust me cuz I know your size/measurement by heart! Wait...Did I just say that...uhoh.gif

post #75524 of 113101
Taking a little tour of the south. Day 1:
Ties


Trafalgar ltd Ed's and a polo silk tartan


Bb web


EZ


Size 46 EU staple navy 2b 2v sc!


Sick nasty fabric on this MTM


Lnwot grey flannel 41r suit


1977 bb MTM with side tab pants, just awesome


And the best part
post #75525 of 113101
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

edit: ^^^^ that comment was for the CD, not sure why the picture disappeared.

Because you can't quote a quote.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread