Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5033post #75481 of 1387287/15/13 at 11:30ampost #75482 of 1387287/15/13 at 11:32am
Been super dry lately, finally was able to pick up some decent items last week:
Just in time for Summer - Overcoats!
Alpacuna Coat from the 1940s (40/42)
No Name Chesterfield (42)
No Name Polo Coat (44)
Turnbull & Asser x7
Vintage BB Tux shirt, Luciano Barbera, Steven Alan x4
Ties for $1 each:
Facconable, Prada, Hilditch & Key
Burberry, BB, Talbot BOC x2
Armani, Drake's, Zegna, Fendi
RLPL x2, Polo x3
Willis & Geiger (XL)
Oxxford Plaid (41)
Carroll & Co. Tux from the 60s/70s
Chester Barrie (43)
Polo Linen (N/A)
BB Donegal Tweed (N/A)
Super old Dunn & Co. Harris Tweed (40ish)
Oxxford POW (44)
Bass made in the USA Weejuns (8.5 D)
And after over a year of searching, Alden suede loafers for myself via Ebay:post #75483 of 1387287/15/13 at 11:40ampost #75484 of 1387287/15/13 at 11:43ampost #75485 of 1387287/15/13 at 12:36pmpost #75486 of 1387287/15/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Crazy haul, nice work.
Picked up a minty J Press mac raincoat, with pristine detachable wool liner for $6. 42R. Pics to come, still out and about.post #75487 of 1387287/15/13 at 12:46pmpost #75488 of 1387287/15/13 at 12:55pmpost #75489 of 1387287/15/13 at 12:57pm
Im liking these thrift fits, I guess it mean's I've finally found enough stuff to start putting outfits together!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sport Coat - Samuelsohn silk/wool blend thrifted by me
Shirt - Brooks Brothers on sale
Tie - Land's End NWOT thrifted by me
Watch - Nomos ethrifted by me from Watchuseek b/s forum
Jeans - J. Brand clearance at Nordstrom Rack
Shoes - Allen Edmonds ethrifted fron teh bay
Pocket Square - Turnbull and Asser proxy thrifted by CesarC (thanks again bud)post #75490 of 1387287/15/13 at 1:00pmQuote:
Well, I suppose that's better than doing "favors" in the men's room for some quick cash.post #75491 of 1387287/15/13 at 2:11pmBeen out of the thrift game (and thread) for a long, long time for many reasons that I won't get into. Really do miss seeing all of your guys finds! Will try to make it back here more often, but for now I'll post a little Ebay score I made today:
Boom!post #75492 of 1387287/15/13 at 2:11pmpost #75493 of 1387287/15/13 at 2:13pmpost #75494 of 1387287/15/13 at 2:15pmI think I'm going to start setting time limits for myself because lately it seems that if I have a whole day to spend thrifting I won't find anything but if I only have 10 minutes I end up with a great score (as good a score as you can have with only 10 minutes to look around)!
Had been looking for brown (and black if anyone has any they would be willing to part with!) split toes for quite some time. Never found any in my size. Today the search for brown ended. 9.5C. Perfect fit. Sorry about the paint on the table. It's where I do most of my watercolors and I just realized that it provides the best lighting for photos (probably should have realized this earlier).
The interior is a bit worn but I really don't mind because I exclusively wear smartwool socks and they deal with almost any imperfections. If anyone hasn't tried them I suggest you do, best socks ever.
I also have been using a less than satisfactory pair of burgundy wingtips from J&M because I couldn't find anything better in my size after my last pair went missing while at the gym a while back. No longer will I be stooping to that level!
These look like they were only worn a few times. And again, prefect fit.
I really can't get over how they fit like a glove AND they are basically brand new. And for only 5$, I just have to brag.
However the real pièce de résistance is this. New with tag and still in the plastic sleeve.
Ferragamo. Orange with dogs and bones. 2$. When I first saw it I automatically assumed it would be fake but it all checked out. Additionally I saw this exact tie in blue in the Munich airport only a couple weeks ago, so it is very recent.
Additionally. I just looked through the sport coats very quickly and didn't find anything in my size in the ones I checked, however, they had 5 or 6 subtle plaids by southwick in 44R, must have been from the same guy. If anyone is interested I can head back and pick they up. Most were tan. The couple I examined were in perfect shape. He must have liked (or disliked) khaki and tan because they were all very similar.
Edited by sthenosall - 7/15/13 at 2:41pmpost #75495 of 1387287/15/13 at 2:25pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Brand new Unworn Barena Torceo Blazer & Brian Dales Boucle DB Blazer 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...