I remember Marty. He did the most amazing store window displays. Is he still in business?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/18/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5011post #75151 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:43pmpost #75152 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:46pmpost #75153 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
I remember those. They were great.
Keep at it...post #75154 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:50pmpost #75155 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:20pmpost #75156 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:28pmCheck out issuu.com. Search for Allen Edmonds. They have all the back issue catalogs. If you can get the four digit model number you can cross reference which years it was made. Should be prior to 1983 with that logo style.
Off the top of my head.post #75157 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by ilikethelights
Been pretty dry here for anything since I got back into things in the last week. Not much to brag about.
Heading out through Des Moines, Lawrence and Wichita this weekend on a rock band playing some out of town shows trip. Gonna keep an eye out for middle America's best hidden thrift stores.
Good luck in Lawrence, I live there and if you're lucky you can prolly nab a few things. A few weeks ago, I nabbed a BB Golden Fleece in black from the Goodwill, fits like a glove, and a pair of Florsheim penny loafers that were a tad too small. Also quite a few nice shirts. There are a couple of places downtown on Massachusetts that are more "hipster" then anything but you might get lucky and snag something nice.post #75158 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:32pmpost #75159 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:04pmQuote:Quote:
No creepers or super skinny trousers, but I did get this bad boy:
Just needs the body taken in slightly. Really pumped to wear this when NYC isn't an oven.post #75160 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #75161 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:31pmQuote:
Ah! I wasn't trying to be a dick. Your comment made me laugh really hard. I enjoy the good-natured humor of this thread. So different than most forums.
Also, if anyone DOES thrift creepers, I'm a US 8.5-9post #75162 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:37pmpost #75163 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:38pmpost #75164 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
Proxy cool stuff in 40s???!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quote:
I remember seeing his profile on here. Can I add him on FB? Can I add you on FB, too, Nat?post #75165 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Nothing to do with Marty but...
HOW COOL IS THIS???
Some VERY interesting pictures accompany the speech. I included a link.Quote:Wedding Attire in the Modern World
What follows is (more or less) the text of a speech delivered at a convention of wedding planners. I was asked to discuss "What the well dressed groom is wearing." Well, not exactly. The invitation was actually not specific at all. So I figured a polite harangue might be most useful. If any of you find this post "Tutee-esque," and thus derivative, I would take that as the highest form of praise.
" The Suit : A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style"
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › NWT Cifonelli 100% cashmere lightweight overcoat: size 44 2 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shopthefinest Gift Card $100 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 13 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 17 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding