I remember Marty. He did the most amazing store window displays. Is he still in business?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 11:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5011post #75151 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:43pmpost #75152 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:46pmpost #75153 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
I remember those. They were great.
Keep at it...post #75154 of 1387287/10/13 at 12:50pmpost #75155 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:20pmpost #75156 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:28pmCheck out issuu.com. Search for Allen Edmonds. They have all the back issue catalogs. If you can get the four digit model number you can cross reference which years it was made. Should be prior to 1983 with that logo style.
Off the top of my head.post #75157 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by ilikethelights
Been pretty dry here for anything since I got back into things in the last week. Not much to brag about.
Heading out through Des Moines, Lawrence and Wichita this weekend on a rock band playing some out of town shows trip. Gonna keep an eye out for middle America's best hidden thrift stores.
Good luck in Lawrence, I live there and if you're lucky you can prolly nab a few things. A few weeks ago, I nabbed a BB Golden Fleece in black from the Goodwill, fits like a glove, and a pair of Florsheim penny loafers that were a tad too small. Also quite a few nice shirts. There are a couple of places downtown on Massachusetts that are more "hipster" then anything but you might get lucky and snag something nice.post #75158 of 1387287/10/13 at 1:32pmpost #75159 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:04pmQuote:Quote:
No creepers or super skinny trousers, but I did get this bad boy:
Just needs the body taken in slightly. Really pumped to wear this when NYC isn't an oven.post #75160 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #75161 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:31pmQuote:
Ah! I wasn't trying to be a dick. Your comment made me laugh really hard. I enjoy the good-natured humor of this thread. So different than most forums.
Also, if anyone DOES thrift creepers, I'm a US 8.5-9post #75162 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:37pmpost #75163 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:38pmpost #75164 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
Proxy cool stuff in 40s???!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quote:
I remember seeing his profile on here. Can I add him on FB? Can I add you on FB, too, Nat?post #75165 of 1387287/10/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Nothing to do with Marty but...
HOW COOL IS THIS???
Some VERY interesting pictures accompany the speech. I included a link.Quote:Wedding Attire in the Modern World
What follows is (more or less) the text of a speech delivered at a convention of wedding planners. I was asked to discuss "What the well dressed groom is wearing." Well, not exactly. The invitation was actually not specific at all. So I figured a polite harangue might be most useful. If any of you find this post "Tutee-esque," and thus derivative, I would take that as the highest form of praise.
" The Suit : A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style"
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 seconds ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Tan Gabardine Flat Front Pants, Spring/Summer Weight Wool,... 8 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 13 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 19 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts