I don't generally go for critter-print ties, but if I did, I'd rock the flock out of that cheetah print!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5007post #75091 of 1387287/9/13 at 4:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75092 of 1387287/9/13 at 4:44pmSilverwarebandit: Score on those BoO items! Wow!
Picked up a few items today.
Not pictured: 2 Willis & Geiger Bush poplin shirts (both XL) & a Robert Graham paisley embroidery shirt. Got the RG for $1!
AE Hancock. Mint! 9 D
Monster Marantz home theater receiver. I have a similar model and it puts out a lot of power!post #75093 of 1387287/9/13 at 5:21pmpost #75094 of 1387287/9/13 at 5:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
Everyone says that about apc and I don't doubt it but the pair you sent me is still going strong with almost daily wear and multiple washes I don't even see the beginnings of a crotch blowout and someone must have worn them for at least a year before me
I have been wanting to try gustins but I stick to only 3 pairs of blue jeans at a time right now it is acne apc and lvc. I actually like the fact that lvc's don't fade well because I have them as my permanently dark jeans
Wow, I'm happy you like 'em bro! I've heard the their quality have gone down hill a bit so maybe yours were the older model?Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by noob
Whoah, these oxfords from Gustin look like a great deal:
Also +1 on Naked & Famous, especially if you're looking for more adventurous jeans in a variety of cuts. My brown canvas pair and the white waxy ones get a ton of wear, and look better as they age.
+1 on N&F for entry denim. Their Elephant 3 just came out!Quote:
Naw, most of their wares are made in third world country. I did buy a pair of vintage trainers from them which were made in Viet Nam. They look cool but I'm expecting them to fall apart after a few more wear. My experiences with selvedge made in third world country is they really suck...I've learned the hard way and have since moved on to greener pastures...Quote:
Fuck me, man! Crazy ass haul!!!Quote:Originally Posted by noob
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here's a pic of the Levi's Engineered jeans, for those curious. Twisted seam / J-pant construction, linen/cotton blend for cool texture/drape, and a great cut (unfortunately undermined by the big-ass Red Wing boots in this pic).
*Chairman Meow not included.
That's an awesome name for a cat!post #75095 of 1387287/9/13 at 5:52pmpost #75096 of 1387287/9/13 at 5:58pmpost #75097 of 1387287/9/13 at 5:58pm
AE Chester - 14Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AE Newport - 14Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Eddie Bauer Chukkas - 12Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Florsheim Longwing 5 Nails - 8Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Florsheim Summer Weave - 10.5Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hanover Longwing Brown - 8Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hanover Longwing Burgundy - 8Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hanover Longwing Black - 8Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Johnston & Murphy Leather/Hemp weave - 13Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nettleton Monk Strap - 12Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Florsheim PTB Shell Cordovan - 9.5SURPRISE INSIDE!!!! (Click to show)post #75098 of 1387287/9/13 at 6:07pmThanks dudes! I can't lie and say these were at a goodwill or something similar, they were at a consignment shop in town, pretty damn underpriced, they all fit, and I got a bonus today so fuck it, right?
Plus I got an idea of the schedule of the person who dropped all of these off from the staffpost #75099 of 1387287/9/13 at 6:17pmpost #75100 of 1387287/9/13 at 6:23pmpost #75101 of 1387287/9/13 at 6:56pmpost #75102 of 1387287/9/13 at 6:56pmpost #75103 of 1387287/9/13 at 7:00pm
Bostonian Crown Windsor - 8
Not Sure, but I think VTG LL BEAN - 10
Hanover Longwing (slightly mismatched widths) - 8.5
AE Park Ave - 13
Vintage Woven Blucher - 9
Hanover Black Longwing - 9.5
Hanover Longwing Burgundy - 9post #75104 of 1387287/9/13 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
I'd figure there's some killer vintage workwear to be found in small midwestern towns. I think in these areas, it's the opposite of looking for high-end clothing. Big cities won't hold much, the small towns are what you're looking for. People who've lived in the same house for a few generations and still have grandpa's old jeans folded away in the closet.
+1. I skip shirts, ties, shoes etc entirely when I'm thrifting rural-like and concentrate on winter / outer wear, vintage & quality woolens and the like. Have come across many a nice vintage Pendleton flannel / woolen item, wool stadium blankets, cowboy sport coat &c. Also about the only place you can find decent mid-century items at thrift prices any more.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 27 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 56 seconds ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...