Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/24/17 at 3:27pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4996post #74927 of 1387287/7/13 at 9:57pmpost #74928 of 1387287/7/13 at 10:35pm
Jos A Bank cancelled my order like everyone else, but have yet to refund my money. The saga continues.
Picked up a couple items. Only had the chance to get out for one day, but did have the opportunity to get out to a storage auction, my second opportunity.
NWT Ralph Lauren by Corneliani Flax Pants Size 34Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex 32Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NWT x3 DrakesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All Available.post #74929 of 1387287/7/13 at 10:36pmQuote:Did you ask at the checkout? Sometimes they put out only one shoe to deter theft.Originally Posted by capnwes
Same store also had really nice Peal & Co for Brooks perf cap toe (photo from Brooks site) in my size with even less wear than the shells - somehow they only had the right shoe. I spent the next 45 minutes scouring the entire store for the other one with no luck. Felt awful having to leave it behind - more than anything because I was really liking the style... shells were definitely a nice consolation prize though.
This scavenger hunt thing is awesome. I may have to skip the first couple of weeks but looking forward to participating.post #74930 of 1387287/7/13 at 10:51pmpost #74931 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:07pmpost #74932 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:11pmpost #74933 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:28pm
Some recent finds. Also, I'm in for the scavenger hunt if you'll have me. :)
Suggestion for scavenger hunt: Worst mannequin styling.
Barbour Cowes jacket...for me
A bit dirty but it was half off.
A couple of Cucinelli. I found these at the same thrift store a week apart. In 18 months of thrifting, I've only really found 4 things at this particular store: these Cucinelli sweaters, a D'Avenza jacket, and Brioni jacket.
Gran Sasso sweaters.
Women's Armani Classico blazer. I rarely pick up women's stuff but everything about this felt right. Is anyone able to authenticate?
Almost passed up on this because it's a 42 extra extra short....almost.
Spotted this little guy tucked at the end of a women's rack in a GW as I was checking out.
An orphan. I tore the store apart looking for his pants...no luck. The label had been removed.post #74934 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:38pmpost #74935 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:51pmpost #74936 of 1387287/8/13 at 1:28ampost #74937 of 1387287/8/13 at 1:30ampost #74938 of 1387287/8/13 at 3:53am
Limited edition Denim Demon and Sneakersnstuff selvedge, nr 3/30. Fits me but was missing top button. Reindeer leather patch in the back, really nice jeans if I may say so
More/better pictures and info here:
Cotton cashmere JCrew
And agree with most overpriced item is a good idea for scavengerpost #74939 of 1387287/8/13 at 6:21am
A bunch of people have PM'd me with questions about the '70s shirts. To avoid cluttering up the thread with business, I'm putting everything in a spoiler below.
Here's a sample pic.:The shirts range in size from a kid's 4-6 (for those with kids or petite wives/girlfriends) to a men's M-L. The adult medium fits like a modern small/medium, measuring about 17" in the chest, 13" in the shoulders, and 27.5" long. The adult large fits like a tighter modern medium/large: 19" in the chest, 17" in the shoulders, and 28" long. The kid's 4 is a 12" chest, 17.5" length, and 9" shoulder. The 6 is about a 12" chest, 9" shoulders, and 19" long.
All shirts are printed on 100% cotton stock. The adult shirts are vtg Fruit of the Loom. The kid's are Viscount. The printing was done in the '70s.
Because these have been in storage for so long, I would prefer to hand-wash and hang-dry before selling. You can see that some of the sample pics have a bit of dirt on them. But it'll be up to you. I won't ship anything that isn't clean, so this thread is basically pre-orders. I have other shirts with other graphics that I'm going to hold back for now.
Obviously, I have only a finite amount of these things. So while I'd prefer to sell them for what they'd cost in 1974, I'll need to cover shipping from Canada and make a bit of a return. I'm thinking that $25 shipped is fair.
Adult Large: Also available in a black graphic.
Kid's 4: Raggedy Anne and Andy.
Kid's 4:post #74940 of 1387287/8/13 at 6:45amQuote:
I can exactly tell you how I feel about that fight! Silva deserved to get knocked out for being a cocky bastard! His plan of toying with Weidman back fired on him. The cocky bastard even refused to touch gloves! Wtf is that? I mean, Weidman ain't no joke either. He took down Silva earlier during round one with relative ease. His skills were also apparent with his almost Heel Hook on Silva then transitioned into an almost Achille Lock. And on top of that, he even landed some decent elbows and punches on Silva's dome. You can tell by the end of round one, Silva was a bit gassed.
All in all, Silva could have won the match had he did what he did best. But noooooooooo, he had to risk it all by acting like a jack ass. As a result, he was dethroned! Maybe their 10 years apart in age also played a hand in Silva's game. Rather than trying to go toe to toe with Weidman, he resorted to cheap mind games. Yes, a rematch would be awesome. But then again, this could be Silva's downfall a la Rich Franklin style.Quote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Rancourt for Eastland
Ebbets Field Flannels
rag & bone
Rancourt for Eastland
You sir are doing it right!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 13 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 13 minutes ago
- › My Review: Italian Broletto 'Fasano' Double Monk Strap Shoes -... 34 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 46 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...