Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4996post #74927 of 1387287/7/13 at 9:57pmpost #74928 of 1387287/7/13 at 10:35pm
Jos A Bank cancelled my order like everyone else, but have yet to refund my money. The saga continues.
Picked up a couple items. Only had the chance to get out for one day, but did have the opportunity to get out to a storage auction, my second opportunity.
NWT Ralph Lauren by Corneliani Flax Pants Size 34Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex 32Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NWT x3 DrakesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All Available.post #74929 of 1387287/7/13 at 10:36pmQuote:Did you ask at the checkout? Sometimes they put out only one shoe to deter theft.Originally Posted by capnwes
Same store also had really nice Peal & Co for Brooks perf cap toe (photo from Brooks site) in my size with even less wear than the shells - somehow they only had the right shoe. I spent the next 45 minutes scouring the entire store for the other one with no luck. Felt awful having to leave it behind - more than anything because I was really liking the style... shells were definitely a nice consolation prize though.
This scavenger hunt thing is awesome. I may have to skip the first couple of weeks but looking forward to participating.post #74930 of 1387287/7/13 at 10:51pmpost #74931 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:07pmpost #74932 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:11pmpost #74933 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:28pm
Some recent finds. Also, I'm in for the scavenger hunt if you'll have me. :)
Suggestion for scavenger hunt: Worst mannequin styling.
Barbour Cowes jacket...for me
A bit dirty but it was half off.
A couple of Cucinelli. I found these at the same thrift store a week apart. In 18 months of thrifting, I've only really found 4 things at this particular store: these Cucinelli sweaters, a D'Avenza jacket, and Brioni jacket.
Gran Sasso sweaters.
Women's Armani Classico blazer. I rarely pick up women's stuff but everything about this felt right. Is anyone able to authenticate?
Almost passed up on this because it's a 42 extra extra short....almost.
Spotted this little guy tucked at the end of a women's rack in a GW as I was checking out.
An orphan. I tore the store apart looking for his pants...no luck. The label had been removed.post #74934 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:38pmpost #74935 of 1387287/7/13 at 11:51pmpost #74936 of 1387287/8/13 at 1:28ampost #74937 of 1387287/8/13 at 1:30ampost #74938 of 1387287/8/13 at 3:53am
Limited edition Denim Demon and Sneakersnstuff selvedge, nr 3/30. Fits me but was missing top button. Reindeer leather patch in the back, really nice jeans if I may say so
More/better pictures and info here:
Cotton cashmere JCrew
And agree with most overpriced item is a good idea for scavengerpost #74939 of 1387287/8/13 at 6:21am
A bunch of people have PM'd me with questions about the '70s shirts. To avoid cluttering up the thread with business, I'm putting everything in a spoiler below.
Here's a sample pic.:The shirts range in size from a kid's 4-6 (for those with kids or petite wives/girlfriends) to a men's M-L. The adult medium fits like a modern small/medium, measuring about 17" in the chest, 13" in the shoulders, and 27.5" long. The adult large fits like a tighter modern medium/large: 19" in the chest, 17" in the shoulders, and 28" long. The kid's 4 is a 12" chest, 17.5" length, and 9" shoulder. The 6 is about a 12" chest, 9" shoulders, and 19" long.
All shirts are printed on 100% cotton stock. The adult shirts are vtg Fruit of the Loom. The kid's are Viscount. The printing was done in the '70s.
Because these have been in storage for so long, I would prefer to hand-wash and hang-dry before selling. You can see that some of the sample pics have a bit of dirt on them. But it'll be up to you. I won't ship anything that isn't clean, so this thread is basically pre-orders. I have other shirts with other graphics that I'm going to hold back for now.
Obviously, I have only a finite amount of these things. So while I'd prefer to sell them for what they'd cost in 1974, I'll need to cover shipping from Canada and make a bit of a return. I'm thinking that $25 shipped is fair.
Adult Large: Also available in a black graphic.
Kid's 4: Raggedy Anne and Andy.
Kid's 4:post #74940 of 1387287/8/13 at 6:45amQuote:
I can exactly tell you how I feel about that fight! Silva deserved to get knocked out for being a cocky bastard! His plan of toying with Weidman back fired on him. The cocky bastard even refused to touch gloves! Wtf is that? I mean, Weidman ain't no joke either. He took down Silva earlier during round one with relative ease. His skills were also apparent with his almost Heel Hook on Silva then transitioned into an almost Achille Lock. And on top of that, he even landed some decent elbows and punches on Silva's dome. You can tell by the end of round one, Silva was a bit gassed.
All in all, Silva could have won the match had he did what he did best. But noooooooooo, he had to risk it all by acting like a jack ass. As a result, he was dethroned! Maybe their 10 years apart in age also played a hand in Silva's game. Rather than trying to go toe to toe with Weidman, he resorted to cheap mind games. Yes, a rematch would be awesome. But then again, this could be Silva's downfall a la Rich Franklin style.Quote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Rancourt for Eastland
Ebbets Field Flannels
rag & bone
Rancourt for Eastland
You sir are doing it right!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 9 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › HELP: Stopped getting email notifications from SF 3 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding