Wisdom. (I have a TH shirt and it is very nice!)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 4/27/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/26/16 at 4:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4987post #74792 of 1387287/6/13 at 7:43pmpost #74793 of 1387287/6/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by almosthandsome
Happy B-day and welcome to 32 Wish I still felt 18! After 30 I feel more like an old man every day. The cane and way I dress now probably don't help.
One stop today and filled a gap in the wardrobe for $5, pretty old and spotless wash n' wear trench from Cable Car Clothiers. Fit is absolutely perfect.
OH cool, the local boys just had their SF meet up there!Quote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
Found a few things
Momotaro Japan Blue JB0701 size 38
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Holy shit! Super good find! We need more comments on this bad boy!Quote:Originally Posted by JabbaTheSlut
I've actually been thinking about trying that one out, just to see how far the "no questions asked" policy really goes. To Nordstrom, the return label is a "gift receipt" that doesn't really expire until they can't find it in their system. What that says to me is that this item was bought and the PO gave this item to (insert thrift store here). They gave a "gift" to the thrift store and that "gift" is returnable back to the original store.
Bro, from your posts count, I'm thinking you are pretty new to the forum. I'm just letting you know, folks on here are usually hostile towards these kind of scams. If you are going to do it, do it and don't brag about it. Folks are actually being pretty civil about it today. I'm guessing everyone had a good 4th BBQ?Quote:Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
I'm already bored with the fetishization of all things selvedge, but this? Really? Sewn-on faux selvedge on non-selvedge jeans?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I guess it was bound to happen.
Someone please tell me that Superdry is not actually a super-in-demand SWD item!
Yeah, bro Superdry isn't that great so I hope you didn't cop!post #74794 of 1387287/6/13 at 7:47pmpost #74795 of 1387287/6/13 at 7:47pmpost #74796 of 1387287/6/13 at 8:07pm
Got bored around 2pm so hit a GW, and had a $20 off coupon for Marshalls/TJX.
I should say that nothing is available - I keep some for myself and the rest goes to the bay to make up for forced furlough (unpaid) time off...
Vintage BB argyle wool sweater vest, made in Great Britain
Vintage striped windbreaker; for Dodge/Mopar fans
Pal Zileri, made in Italy.
What I applied my $20 Marshalls coupon towards - was $36 on clearance before the coupon.
Allen Edmonds Maxfield tassel loafers in decent shape
Big bottle Chimay on clearance at the local Kroger grocery - bought out their entire stock (not an amazing deal but $4 off a $13 bottle of beer is better than a sharp stick in the eye).post #74797 of 1387287/6/13 at 8:09pm
great quality Denim, the label will clean up nicely. good find!!
edit: i also don't understand the "fetishism" with selvedge, like refusing to wash them.
if i buy from the forum - wash them first please, i don't need to wear your sweat and pee dribbles. wash your F@#king jeans!!!!!!!!
it's like buying a hat and leaving the sticker on to look "fresh"post #74798 of 1387287/6/13 at 8:18pm
Org: killer shoes, killer pics. Totally reexamining my lighting/backdrop setup now.
GMMCL: LOVE the T&A bow.
Regarding current ethical dilemma: I'm kind of split on this. Something feels off in returning a material good that was thrifted rather than purchased in order to receive the original purchase value. At the same time, if I were walking down the street and found a winning lottery ticket and had no way of finding the proper owner, would I cash it in? Absolutely. In this particular situation, unless I saw ties identical to it on the rack or at least had personal knowledge that it was from the past season, I would probably sell on ebay just to avoid customer service looking at me like I was scamming them. (that last bit is from an overactive guilt complex, I have no idea what a normal, well-balanced individual would feel while making the attempted return).post #74799 of 1387287/6/13 at 8:32pmpost #74800 of 1387287/6/13 at 8:48pmpost #74801 of 1387287/6/13 at 8:48pmpost #74802 of 1387287/6/13 at 8:59pmpost #74803 of 1387287/6/13 at 9:04pm
Wow, already in just a few posts! I apologize to anyone who feels offended by the act, and would like to make it up by spamming my braces collection, minus a few lame pairs of nylon Trafalgars.
Special edition Trafalgar silk
No name silk/no name made in England nylon
PRL braided leather, missing one of the loops though.
And these crazy PRL silk knit bracespost #74804 of 1387287/6/13 at 9:57pmpost #74805 of 1387287/6/13 at 10:08pm
Am I posting my grabs in the wrong place? Here, I post "brags", which - granted - may or may not be all that brag-worthy...but if I have something for sale, I post it in the "what i'm selling on ebay" or "marketplace" or "buy & sell" threads.
Why do folks keep asking for deets / sizes / if something is available for purchase? Enlighten me.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 36 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliot Hooded Villain - Black-Size Small - Price is $200 CDN 10 minutes ago
- › Comme des Garcons Black Heart Cardigan 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Must-buy work shoes in Italy? 18 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 26 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 34 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 37 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts