Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4984post #74746 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74747 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:32pmpost #74748 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:37pm
I really don't find it a big deal. I've returned quite a few other things to Nordstrom before, and they really don't give any kind of hassle. Their return label is almost the exact same thing as a gift receipt.post #74749 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:39pmpost #74750 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:39pmQuote:
If it's not a big deal, walk in there tell them your wife bought it in a thrift store and you would like to return it. See what they say. No big deal, right? They should be cool with that.post #74751 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:47pm
I've actually been thinking about trying that one out, just to see how far the "no questions asked" policy really goes. To Nordstrom, the return label is a "gift receipt" that doesn't really expire until they can't find it in their system. What that says to me is that this item was bought and the PO gave this item to (insert thrift store here). They gave a "gift" to the thrift store and that "gift" is returnable back to the original store.post #74752 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:49pmpost #74753 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:56pm
Happy B-day and welcome to 32 Wish I still felt 18! After 30 I feel more like an old man every day. The cane and way I dress now probably don't help.
One stop today and filled a gap in the wardrobe for $5, pretty old and spotless wash n' wear trench from Cable Car Clothiers. Fit is absolutely perfect.post #74754 of 1387287/6/13 at 3:59pmpost #74755 of 1387287/6/13 at 4:31pmpost #74756 of 1387287/6/13 at 4:43pmre returning to nordys, I do not -- REPEAT, DO NOT -- endorse what has been suggested, but lets keep things in perspective: the store gets the item back and, assuming it is recent, can resell; its nothing like the label swap theft someone else noted at tjx. Arguably there's really no substantive difference between this and returning a gift: person a buys, tie comes into lawful possession by person b, is returned in original condition so store can resell. Only difference here is that jabba had to pay for the "gift".
i feel like we had this slap fest before anyway.post #74757 of 1387287/6/13 at 5:02pm
Eton has been one of my favorite shirts.. Snagged a nice one today. It is a 16 (1/2" too small in the neck), but the sleeves fit well.
Also found my first anything from Martin Dingman. Very little wear on these driving moccasins in 10 1/2. They are just a touch small for my normal 10 1/2-11 feet. I'm thinking they are just print on leather and not exotics. Anyone know a website for confirmation?post #74758 of 1387287/6/13 at 5:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
re returning to nordys, I do not -- REPEAT, DO NOT -- endorse what has been suggested, but lets keep things in perspective: the store gets the item back and, assuming it is recent, can resell; its nothing like the label swap theft someone else noted at tjx. Arguably there's really no substantive difference between this and returning a gift: person a buys, tie comes into lawful possession by person b, is returned in original condition so store can resell. Only difference here is that jabba had to pay for the "gift".
i feel like we had this slap fest before anyway.
Right, but this is the official thrifting slapfest thread, and it has been a while since we had one. Closest we have gotten recently was the brief sidetracking in which everyone posted pictures or descriptions of how they manage to park their cars without hitting the wall of the garage.
Different subject: Bally woven leather tassle loafers, good kop?post #74759 of 1387287/6/13 at 5:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by pnutpug
Now, anyone who has dealt with old-school Eddie Bauer (Nat, are you listening?) knows what I'm talking about when I say that there was once upon a time when no one did down better than EB. It's a way-better coat than anything you could get from Filson today. But is also impossible to flip because it has the EB label. It would be unethical if I were to tear out the EB label and sew in a Filson label and flip it for $75 on a BIN, but I would actually be doing the buyer a favor. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes through the cycle and ends up at 59 cents. At that point, I'll buy it.
Very true! EB used to make killer down stuff back in the 50's and 60's. It's sad that much of their high quality vintage stuff gets passed over because nobody really knows what they used to be. Also sad that they became so commercialized. Still, they're my go-to store for shorts.Quote:Originally Posted by eazye
And an early birthday present to myself. I actually found this yesterday but didn't grab it on account of it being higher than normal thrift prices. I ended up kicking myself for the rest of the day so I went back this morning and it was still there. This is the good shit right here!Quote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Specifically the "Gitman Vintage" line (though some of the other stuff is nice too for personal use—just not as widely desired).
I see Gitman all day but have never found any Gitman Vintage.
I'd really love to find some Gitman Vintage someday. Would be even nicer if it were in my size...Quote:
Very nice find, and welcome aboard!Quote:
Never heard of it, but it has "the look". Looks like a cool tie for sure!Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
A few recent pickups. All probably going to Ebay soon.
First, some NIB shoes acquired at the Gilt popup outlet sale they're running here in Louisville for another three weeks or so:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All drool-worthy shoes! Did the Gilt popup sale have any cool clothing? Man, I'd be broke if this rolled into my town!post #74760 of 1387287/6/13 at 5:31pmtonylamer, the versace is not a versace
snowman, the shoes are stamped
orgetorix your pic game has stepped up considerably and nice finds
easy, you have a PM on the polo jacket
jabba, while you may be right, thats kind of fucked up imo morally, I would just list it on ebay and work for your reward on a great find, but thats just me.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 9 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...